For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
I wonder if the frozen firehouse might become a regular winter variant.

Good changes, but personally I would pay full price again for major content and gameplay / graphical improvements or another year of new ghosts and maps.

I’d also be down for a Spirits Unleashed 2 which builds on the first game. I kinda feel like a third person camera and PvE focus for future iterations would be a good direction to move in.
zeta otaku wrote: March 20th, 2024, 8:12 pm Yes and no. They revealed a frozen over version of the subway map that will have elements that will change some paths for busters.
Reminds of the later years of Team Fortress 2, reskins of existing maps for Halloween/Christmas instead of new ones.
mrmichaelt wrote: March 20th, 2024, 11:10 pm A relief for many fans I bet that this is a free DLC.

Nice to hear the Samhain battle will be replayble and the holiday tints are still coming soon.

The limited time community milestone challenge are interesting idea. Just when this thread was discussing the best way to do destroy locations, lol.

Wonder if there will be cutscenes to go with Garakka. Or if any of the FE cast will be NPCs. The new ending cutscene hinted at the Spenglers and Podcast coming.
It's a promotion for the Frozen Empire. It makes sense it's free. It'd be great if they got Grace, Kim, Coon, Rudd or even dare hope the Murraicane himself to record some lines so their characters could appear in the fire house. But I'm not holding my breath.
Last edited by Bison256 on March 21st, 2024, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Community milestone challenges will be awesome, definitely a great way to get people back into it (and working together more).

In terms of story I have a feeling it will pick up directly after the events of the film instead of running concurrently, and we'll be cleaning up whatever ghosts are left over from the end of the movie while the firehouse is still frosty. All depending on how the movie ends, of course.

I'm also really hoping the update doesn't revert the design of the containment unit back to the movie one. As much as I love the original, the SU unit has such a cool look that really fits the vibe of the game.
ShandorMiningCo wrote: March 21st, 2024, 3:20 am Community milestone challenges will be awesome, definitely a great way to get people back into it (and working together more).

In terms of story I have a feeling it will pick up directly after the events of the film instead of running concurrently, and we'll be cleaning up whatever ghosts are left over from the end of the movie while the firehouse is still frosty. All depending on how the movie ends, of course.

I'm also really hoping the update doesn't revert the design of the containment unit back to the movie one. As much as I love the original, the SU unit has such a cool look that really fits the vibe of the game.
I doubt IllFonic modified the firehouse to match the Frozen Empire sets. They'd of had to redo every floor of the building.
I would imagine with DLC 5 coming out fairly soon we'll get the hairstyles to go along with the FE uniforms at least. I watched the stream up until the reveal of the of the frozen uniform and shirts. Didn't want to get into spoiler territory but I would also think the parkas are coming soon also.
timeware wrote: March 24th, 2024, 9:57 pm I would imagine with DLC 5 coming out fairly soon we'll get the hairstyles to go along with the FE uniforms at least. I watched the stream up until the reveal of the of the frozen uniform and shirts. Didn't want to get into spoiler territory but I would also think the parkas are coming soon also.
The parka and/or engineer flight suit will probably be the Tenure reward.
timeware, Kingpin liked this
ShandorMiningCo wrote: March 25th, 2024, 10:40 am I'm sorry, did they just say the reveal of a fan-favourite ghost?!?😱

I thought the inclusion of Samhain was awesome, and now we could be getting a second RGB big bad? Bets on Boogeyman?
It'd have to fly around, Booeyman/Vigo/Gozer don't do that. Maybe the librarian ghost?
Kingpin liked this
What are the summer, fall and winter gear shells? The spring shell is going be the yellow accented frozen empire pack and wand. The 84 and 89 packs are already in the game. What else could they be? The afterlife pack? I'd still love 2009 gear shells but that is unlikely given the licensing.
Bison256 wrote: March 25th, 2024, 4:58 pm What are the summer, fall and winter gear shells? The spring shell is going be the yellow accented frozen empire pack and wand. The 84 and 89 packs are already in the game. What else could they be? The afterlife pack? I'd still love 2009 gear shells but that is unlikely given the licensing.
The 89 packs are in the game? Where?
Bison256 wrote:What are the summer, fall and winter gear shells? The spring shell is going be the yellow accented frozen empire pack and wand. The 84 and 89 packs are already in the game. What else could they be? The afterlife pack? I'd still love 2009 gear shells but that is unlikely given the licensing.
After the cardboard shells I suppose anything is possible now. Steampunk, maybe? A slime-covered variant? Excluding the 2009 version there's no real canon packs left after the FE ones, unless they want to bring in the old blue Kenner toy pack? 🤔
Hairy Biker wrote: March 25th, 2024, 5:11 pm
Bison256 wrote: March 25th, 2024, 4:58 pm What are the summer, fall and winter gear shells? The spring shell is going be the yellow accented frozen empire pack and wand. The 84 and 89 packs are already in the game. What else could they be? The afterlife pack? I'd still love 2009 gear shells but that is unlikely given the licensing.
The 89 packs are in the game? Where?
What I meant by that is the GB1 and GB2 packs are represented by the base proton pack. What is the big difference between them? No one's going to notice a different ribbon cable during game play.
ShandorMiningCo wrote: March 25th, 2024, 5:22 pm After the cardboard shells I suppose anything is possible now. Steampunk, maybe? A slime-covered variant? Excluding the 2009 version there's no real canon packs left after the FE ones, unless they want to bring in the old blue Kenner toy pack? 🤔
Afterlife. I want the clippard wiring harness. I want weathering. I WANT STRAIN RELIEFS
AND I WANT THE YELLOW PARTICLE INJECTOR CABLE.
So to recap what's new

7 shirt logos
Robotics
Manhattan Adventurers Society
GB Engineering
Garraka
Frozen Neon
Melody Diner
Repossessed

3 are common while 4 are legendary and looks like they're unlocked by the Familiar Connections Side Hustle?

Then the Frozen Suit tint is unlocked by the Bitter Cold Side Hustle along with something else shirt/shirt logo?

Mini-Puft Mayhem shirt logo is unlocked through the 1st Community Milestone.

Necrogeist skins.

Modern Age Proton Pack and Particle Thrower Research Contracts.

Garraka Ghost Bounty.

Samhain Ghost Bounty is replayable now.

There's no new clothes (e.g. tops, bottoms, shoes, glasses), no new Tenure (plus is appears to be suspended overall), no new maps, no new clippings or Tobin pages, etc.
ShandorMiningCo liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: March 27th, 2024, 2:17 am Robotics
Manhattan Adventurers Society
GB Engineering
Garraka
Frozen Neon
Melody Diner
Repossessed
Are they just newspaper clippings or something? I don't see those anywhere
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]