Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By SpaceBallz
Greetings fellas,

So as many of you were curious, as was I, what the heck is with the "Aztec ghost whistle" in the toy accessories? Well we did some research and apparently there was a whistle called the Aztec Death Whistle. The Aztecs used them to scare off enemies and/or put fear into them from the darkness. There's a music company online that hand-makes reproductions of these whistles out of the same materials the Aztecs used and I must say, it is pretty unsettling. I just watched the Ghostbusters News review of the Hasbro Ghost Whistle and he was confused as to some of the noises it made, but I knew right away what they were. Check out some this clip of a few of them in action:

Is the Gozarian temple of Aztec origin?
TayRayGun, mrmichaelt liked this
By Kingpin
Well those are creepy.
SpaceBallz wrote: August 20th, 2021, 2:34 pm Is the Gozarian temple of Aztec origin?
Spinning back to the first movie, Venkman mentions that Gozer was worshipped by the Hittites, Mesopotamian and Sumerians, cultures which are located roughly in western Asia and the Middle East. While the movie may provide context that forges a link with the Mayan communities, there isn't currently a historical connection... But we'll see.
By TayRayGun
Those whistles are pretty unsettling. Looking at the plasma series Podcast figure, it looks like an Aztec Death Whistle on his belt for sure.
SpaceBallz liked this
By TheLegendOfMart
Kingpin wrote: August 20th, 2021, 4:16 pm Well those are creepy.
SpaceBallz wrote: August 20th, 2021, 2:34 pm Is the Gozarian temple of Aztec origin?
Spinning back to the first movie, Venkman mentions that Gozer was worshipped by the Hittites, Mesopotamian and Sumerians, cultures which are located roughly in western Asia and the Middle East. While the movie may provide context that forges a link with the Mayan communities, there isn't currently a historical connection... But we'll see.
Podcast has it. It's possible he is interested in all this kind of stuff including the Aztecs and has artefacts and figured out that the Death Whistle does something to the Ghosts.
By Ghostguy66
I should take a ton of screen shots and try to sculpt one, but I’ve never done that before. Maybe someone will put a decent 3D print file out there someday.
deadderek liked this
By gamera1968
I've heard one in real life. And yes, it is unsettling and VERY loud.
By TheManEatingToaster
There's like a tiny market here in Mexico where they sell a lot of handicraft stuff but they only stay here for like a month because they go to other states and I saw always some of these whistles but never really payed attention to them. But after watching Ghostbusters: Afterlife I've been looking for one lol.
timeware liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]