By GaudinosWheels
You must seen the concern though? There’s a pack en route with no idea where it is.

I’ve got my pack from PP, I’m very happy with it but as I’ve said to him during the ordering process, the communication could be so much better.
By Nighty80
Perhaps. But perhaps ‘foolish’ also is unkind, given that we don’t all have the luxury of knowing him personally, and given the historic lack of communication - particularly when exceeding the quoted 16-18 weeks (when I ordered*, now 26 weeks - or 6 months), you can see it’s easy to fear the worst.

*I’ll also be 2 years at the end of my latest - approximate - ETA.

In other words, It’s hard to keep the faith without any communication, as the absence only exacerbates the problem.

I sincerely wish Dave and Proton Props all the best. I do remain faithful, and will be excited to (finally) receive my pack; but please bear in mind there are limits on what people can be expected to tolerate, without communication.

Edit: None of the above should detract from you or Toby vouching for Dave; personally, this is much appreciated, so thanks to you both.
By tobycj
There will be changes to comms coming very soon that will hopefully improve things and allay concerns folks have. Watch this space for more info on that soon.

Rsixx80, I'll guarantee it to the extent that I'd refund you personally if David magically disappeared. That's how confident I am that he's not going to rip you off.
Nighty80, Ackbar, Dr.D and 3 others liked this
By eljuanyo
Also, seeing so many people waiting around 2 whole years, he should stop promoting his ETAs as 12-14 weeks... is not a matter of patience, I wouldn't be worried if he told me that I had to wait two years for it, but you can't hope for your customers to be patient and confident while selling every pack as a "four months job".
oidoglr liked this
By roigroigroig
tobycj wrote: January 15th, 2023, 1:25 pm There will be changes to comms coming very soon that will hopefully improve things and allay concerns folks have. Watch this space for more info on that soon.

Rsixx80, I'll guarantee it to the extent that I'd refund you personally if David magically disappeared. That's how confident I am that he's not going to rip you off.

Hey Toby, I think I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate your communication and trying to put us at ease. Having said that, it's a little insane that I'm able to communicate to you about this regularly, but the man who has has $5,000 of my money has ignored my messages all month. I even have a couple read receipts on them, and David still chose not to respond.

As I mentioned prior I started this process with David back in September of 2021 and David's latest promise was that he'd get the pack out to me by February of this year. I just don't see that's possible given he's clearly ignoring every single of my communications to him this month. I simply don't understand the logic or reasoning by that. But to be quite frank this whole process is emotionally exhausting and often quite angering. I spend more time than I care to admit trying to get updates.

Toby, I know that David is your friend and I'm sorry that you're in the uncomfortable position of being his unofficial spokesperson. But why on earth do I find myself communicating with you about my frustrations and not the man who the onus is on to respond to my messages. It's weird for me too, man. Toby I know you're a beloved member of the community and I'd hate for you to interpret any of our anger to be channelled at you. So again, I thank you for being a member of nerdy community and trying to put our minds at ease.

But at this point, maybe it's best if David just starts communicating his deadlines and updates in a public forum on this thread. Maybe similar to the RPF builds threads, where he can let us know who is in line to receive their packs. I think we're all owed an open and steady channel of communication. That was promised when we bought the packs and also it's the right thing to do as a business owner

David, the onus to respond is on you, not Toby. Please respond to us on this thread.
Ackbar, eljuanyo, Nighty80 and 1 others liked this
By nevenkman
roigroigroig wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 4:20 pm
tobycj wrote: January 15th, 2023, 1:25 pm There will be changes to comms coming very soon that will hopefully improve things and allay concerns folks have. Watch this space for more info on that soon.

Hey Toby, I think I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate your communication and trying to put us at ease. Having said that, it's a little insane that I'm able to communicate to you about this regularly, but the man who has has $5,000 of my money has ignored my messages all month. I even have a couple read receipts on them, and David still chose not to respond.

As I mentioned prior I started this process with David back in September of 2021 and David's latest promise was that he'd get the pack out to me by February of this year. I just don't see that's possible given he's clearly ignoring every single of my communications to him this month. I simply don't understand the logic or reasoning by that. But to be quite frank this whole process is emotionally exhausting and often quite angering. I spend more time than I care to admit trying to get updates.

Toby, I know that David is your friend and I'm sorry that you're in the uncomfortable position of being his unofficial spokesperson. But why on earth do I find myself communicating with you about my frustrations and not the man who the onus is on to respond to my messages. It's weird for me too, man. Toby I know you're a beloved member of the community and I'd hate for you to interpret any of our anger to be channelled at you. So again, I thank you for being a member of nerdy community and trying to put our minds at ease.

But at this point, maybe it's best if David just starts communicating his deadlines and updates in a public forum on this thread. Maybe similar to the RPF builds threads, where he can let us know who is in line to receive their packs. I think we're all owed an open and steady channel of communication. That was promised when we bought the packs and also it's the right thing to do as a business owner

David, the onus to respond is on you, not Toby. Please respond to us on this thread.
What type of pack did you order that cost $5K?
roigroigroig, Merrimon liked this
By roigroigroig
nevenkman wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 9:05 pm

What type of pack did you order that cost $5K?
Hey man,

I was told it would be a GB1 pack that included the following upgrades:

- Smoke
- Rumble motor
- Pop Mech
- Charge Plate
- Metal upgrades on the pack itself
- Aluminum wand
- Vintage Alice Frame and Vintage straps

In David's defense I paid a total of £3955.01 which at the current conversion rate is $4,898.77. So a couple bucks shy of $5,000.
nevenkman liked this
By eljuanyo

So much THIS! Is not that difficult to understand. I don't know what to do, I write him everyday (yes, everyday), he logs in, I see him ONLINE every day and he chooses to ignore me. I've been waiting almost 2 years, there's nothing I can do, I made peace with the thought that I got scammed, and if I'm wrong is not MY fault that I lost hope, how can you trust anything at all after 2 years and f**** RADIO SILENT. If I tell this situation to any regular person they would laugh at my face.
roigroigroig liked this
By nevenkman
eljuanyo wrote: January 24th, 2023, 5:30 amSo much THIS! Is not that difficult to understand. I don't know what to do, I write him everyday (yes, everyday), he logs in, I see him ONLINE every day and he chooses to ignore me. I've been waiting almost 2 years, there's nothing I can do, I made peace with the thought that I got scammed, and if I'm wrong is not MY fault that I lost hope, how can you trust anything at all after 2 years and f**** RADIO SILENT. If I tell this situation to any regular person they would laugh at my face.
He isn't choosing to ignore you. He's busy working on yours and many other people's packs. There is only so much time in the day, and he gets into the workshop and puts his head down and is cranking out work.

It's a one man show. Did you read my post above about how I waited for two years for my pack? I understand the urge to want updates if you haven't heard from him in a while, and he's going to address that soon on how to better communicate with customers on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Maybe through more formal means such as email, instead of his personal facebook/instagram accounts.

You are not getting scammed. David is a completely upstanding person and businessman who isn't trying to steal your money or rip you off (he's literally never done this to anyone) He is just inundated with orders, and is slowly chipping away at the work in the order in which they were received.

If you wanted a mass produced pack by a large toy company, you should have ordered a Haslab pack. This is different. This is a one man business, an artisan who is busy making movie quality props, by hand. One by one in a small countryside workshop, all while trying to juggle a life outside of work which includes all the things we can all relate to as fellow human beings.

I understand yours and others frustrations. I felt it too while waiting for my pack. However, since I had spoken with David many times over the phone or video chat it helped put my mind at ease that there is a real person at work here and not some elves in a factory assembly line.

He will be addressing each and every one of you very soon on the status of your orders. No business is perfect, let alone a business of one.

All I can say is, when I sit and walk by my pack each day and night, I am stunned how it literally looks like I have a piece of actual film history in my living room. It's my childhood dream come true every time I look at it. The work is THAT good.

That feeling is worth every single second I had waited for it to be complete. Trust the process and trust that David Rotheram is a master at this work and while he may struggle a bit in addressing every single person's inquiry, he is busy working on the actual products that people have paid for. One drill hole and fabricated piece at a time.
Merrimon, GBDave904 liked this
By Al_Dente
What he should have done is take orders based on slots instead of saying 20 weeks.
It’s easy saying give the guy some time etc but when you are told 20 weeks and it turns into 2 years, that’s a bit of a joke. Then other packs being thrown out earlier for other buyers then thats a piss take. I’ve been waiting 18 months for mine and to see people waiting 2 years is worrying.

David is a top bloke yes and yeah it sucks that he’s on his own during all the production but if he’s a businessman then he needs to work like one. It’s a lot of money for people to be told to have patience and understand David’s position but when there is $3-4k packs paid upfront for with no movement, updates, pictures, communication then that’s not good.
roigroigroig, Nighty80 liked this
By eljuanyo
nevenkman wrote: January 24th, 2023, 7:36 am
eljuanyo wrote: January 24th, 2023, 5:30 amSo much THIS! Is not that difficult to understand. I don't know what to do, I write him everyday (yes, everyday), he logs in, I see him ONLINE every day and he chooses to ignore me. I've been waiting almost 2 years, there's nothing I can do, I made peace with the thought that I got scammed, and if I'm wrong is not MY fault that I lost hope, how can you trust anything at all after 2 years and f**** RADIO SILENT. If I tell this situation to any regular person they would laugh at my face.
He isn't choosing to ignore you. He's busy working on yours and many other people's packs. There is only so much time in the day, and he gets into the workshop and puts his head down and is cranking out work.

It's a one man show. Did you read my post above about how I waited for two years for my pack? I understand the urge to want updates if you haven't heard from him in a while, and he's going to address that soon on how to better communicate with customers on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Maybe through more formal means such as email, instead of his personal facebook/instagram accounts.

You are not getting scammed. David is a completely upstanding person and businessman who isn't trying to steal your money or rip you off (he's literally never done this to anyone) He is just inundated with orders, and is slowly chipping away at the work in the order in which they were received.

If you wanted a mass produced pack by a large toy company, you should have ordered a Haslab pack. This is different. This is a one man business, an artisan who is busy making movie quality props, by hand. One by one in a small countryside workshop, all while trying to juggle a life outside of work which includes all the things we can all relate to as fellow human beings.

I understand yours and others frustrations. I felt it too while waiting for my pack. However, since I had spoken with David many times over the phone or video chat it helped put my mind at ease that there is a real person at work here and not some elves in a factory assembly line.

He will be addressing each and every one of you very soon on the status of your orders. No business is perfect, let alone a business of one.

All I can say is, when I sit and walk by my pack each day and night, I am stunned how it literally looks like I have a piece of actual film history in my living room. It's my childhood dream come true every time I look at it. The work is THAT good.

That feeling is worth every single second I had waited for it to be complete. Trust the process and trust that David Rotheram is a master at this work and while he may struggle a bit in addressing every single person's inquiry, he is busy working on the actual products that people have paid for. One drill hole and fabricated piece at a time.
Sorry but no, absolutely not. He chooses to ignore us, is not a matter of working hard hours and leaving his phone at home, nope. I can see (and everybody is saying the same) how he CONNECTS every 2/3 hours every day, if he LOGS IN Instagram, he CAN read me (I use to try also his web, his etsy and his personal email). I of course hope he is so busy trying to deliver he can't even look at the phone, but he DOES, and can't just say "hey sorry I can't talk right now I'm too busy, I'll reach you this day this hour...". It is not that he disappeared from his instagram, he logs in everyday a few times and ignore us, period. Sorry if I'm being harsh but I'm tired of being disrespected, because it is what it is regardless what you say.
By Nighty80
nevenkman wrote: January 24th, 2023, 7:36 am … Did you read my post above about how I waited for two years for my pack? I understand the urge to want updates if you haven't heard from him in a while …

… I understand yours and others frustrations. I felt it too while waiting for my pack. However, since I had spoken with David many times over the phone or video chat …
It’s simply a case of setting realistic customer expectations. If Dave said 2 years up front, fair enough. But when you’re told 14-16 weeks (when I ordered, is now 26 weeks (/6 months [IE, still less than 2 years] on his site), then you would reasonably expect to hear something within that timeframe. And if you don’t? Then any rational person would expect an answer when they send a message.
You spoke with him on phone and video? Lucky you. Some people aren’t even getting text.

I do remain optimistic and I have conversed with Dave fairly recently on IG. But again, not everyone is as lucky.
I’ll be delighted to receive my pack and do believe the hype regarding quality. But please stop calling us (his customers) out on his behalf. It doesn’t reflect well on anyone.
By GaudinosWheels
There’s no complaint from me in terms of the quality, my pack is brilliant.

But equally, there’s no defence for the standard of communication. There really isn’t.

And people reassuring others that they will get their packs are, respectfully, are missing the point and where the frustration is coming from.

My best advice, put down the drill and spend a hour replying to people. That would go a long way.
Nighty80, nevenkman, Ackbar liked this
By nevenkman
GaudinosWheels wrote: January 24th, 2023, 9:44 am And people reassuring others that they will get their packs are, respectfully, are missing the point and where the frustration is coming from.
I've reiterated multiple times that I empathize with everyone here who has had communication issues. I dealt with the same thing at times while waiting for my pack! It was frustrating at times, and I completely understand why some are frustrated.

I believe the best approach is to provide periodic updates on a set schedule. Perhaps bi-weekly to each customer and keep track of progress so each customer feels heard, and knows the exact status of where their order is. I even personally mentioned this to him on behalf of everyone in this thread who is currently experiencing an issue.

As far as keeping realistic expectations. I understand this one personally as well. My pack wasn't supposed to take two years. Lot's of issues and bumps in the road appeared along the way which delayed things.

Here's hoping communication improves from here on out. The only thing I can't stand for is people trying to soil his reputation mentioning things about being ripped off, etc.

This is his profession and word of mouth spreads easy. He's a stand up guy who is navigating personal shit, and life in general along with running a business which got very popular, very quick during a time where sourcing things and supply chain issues affected many businesses.

Here's hoping each person in this thread communicates with him soon (i guarantee he will) and you all feel a bit better about where your pack's are and timelines for when you'll receive them.

And if you really don't want to wait, I have a sealed Haslab pack I can sell you! :cool:
Ackbar liked this
By NickoRay
An idea: How about a Google doc or live excel sheet that has everyone’s name/orders (in order of how they were received of course) with the following categories - “Currently Working On” (what’s being done on the pack), “Next Steps” (what part of the pack will be worked on next like lights or weathering, etc, or to receive certain parts from supplier, etc), and “Delivery Estimate” which is self explanatory.

And under each category, it doesn’t even need to be a lengthy description. Very brief sentences. This way, it doesn’t take too much time at all. It can be updated daily or weekly so that everyone can take a look at their order’s statuses.

This is in addition to the bi-weekly correspondence via email or however Dave plans to do it. This way, if he isn’t able to get to direct communication with his customers, at least we’ll be able to see the info we need on our orders.
By Rsixx80
No need for us to do any soiling of his reputation. He’s doing that all on his own, and a fine damn job too if I may add. And yes, I have stated about being ripped off, because due to his lack of communication, business practice, ethics. Makes me feel that I am.

You want to change how I feel, have him come through with my pack, and everyone else’s, or at least have the gall to communicate with everyone. Too many upset people for him not to care or bother to communicate. I won’t hold my breath waiting for him to communicate with everyone. At the end of the day, we all want what we paid for.
By CitizenBuster
nevenkman you seem to be dancing around an issue that's not being properly addressed. Maybe you've put it somewhere else... but I haven't seen nearly enough pics of your Venkman pack. I'm talking full suit up shots and various sitting around the house pics.
nevenkman, Nighty80 liked this
By nevenkman
CitizenBuster wrote: January 24th, 2023, 12:05 pm nevenkman you seem to be dancing around an issue that's not being properly addressed. Maybe you've put it somewhere else... but I haven't seen nearly enough pics of your Venkman pack. I'm talking full suit up shots and various sitting around the house pics.
I don't think I'd classify that as an issue that needs to be addressed. I've posted a few photos here in there on certain threads, but never did a full blown thread with detailed photographs.

Whatever you want to see I will post for you! I am just not an over-sharer on the internet regarding myself personally, or my hobbies (GB, amongst other things)

I suppose I can bless this thread with some love though... :cool:

CitizenBuster, DoctorPepper, Nighty80 and 5 others liked this
By nevenkman
CitizenBuster wrote: January 24th, 2023, 1:08 pm Awesome! Thanks nevenkman. And yes, that's an issue. If you have a pack as awesome as that, it's you're duty to let us all drool over it 😉
Sorry for the large photos, not used to uploading much on this forum.

It's ridiculous how much better it looks in person. It's hyper real. Just sick...I stare at it multiple times a day/night. My wife just shakes her head...lol
CitizenBuster, Corey91, roigroigroig and 2 others liked this
By Ackbar
I think here are two options at this point: Being angry and writing emotionally posts or taking a deep breath, meditate and keep calm. I choose for me the light side of the force...oh sorry wrong franchise^^
mrmichaelt liked this
By shoesdontmatch
The last time I heard anything from him was on Oct. 24 when he said mine was in his current batch and he would be getting with me to discuss the details, finishes and features of the pack and that I should have it by Christmas , Obviously that didn't work out So here I am on week 82 of a supposed 14 week build
By Ackbar
shoesdontmatch wrote: January 24th, 2023, 6:11 pm The last time I heard anything from him was on Oct. 24 when he said mine was in his current batch and he would be getting with me to discuss the details, finishes and features of the pack and that I should have it by Christmas , Obviously that didn't work out So here I am on week 82 of a supposed 14 week build
My last message from him was October 5th, in which he told me the pack will be shipped at the end of that week. Well, I quote Skipper from the penguins: "Just smile and wave" and I´m optimistic everything will be fine.
By Al_Dente
What I’m worried about the most is that if he continues taking orders giving people 20 week turnarounds then people are going to get more annoyed, the pressure is going to pile up and he could file for bankruptcy then we haven’t a leg to stand on. We lose everything.
By Merrimon
I've ordered tons of stuff from ProtonProps, including a pack commission. His communication with me has always been phenomenal. Not being a jerk about it, but are you being Peck about it to him?

We should all remember we're not buying from Amazon, you're buying from a one-man shop. I know I've had other projects delayed because there's many components and other vendors that go into building parts of a pack and ProtonProps is beholden to them when building a pack. Also, life happens. Maybe he's been sick? Maybe he's had family issues? Maybe he had a death in the family. Again, it's not Amazon with two-day prime.

Now I know we all know this, and I anticipate the "well he took our money so we he's beholden to that". While I appreciate that mindset (as I myself have money tied in with several other projects, both with ProtonProps and other vendors outside of Ghostbusters - projects that have gone months "past due") remember that we're ordering hand-made projects akin to art. There's a lot of parts in these packs and one vendor being behind can put your entire project behind. ProtonProps gets the brunt of it because he's the front of the project.

Rule number 1 of ordering any custom made props: Expect delays. Expect big delays. Timelines are dreams and are rarely met. It's a good, albeit frustrating mindset, to expect to get them when you get them.

Shitty mindset? Probably. But it's ultimately reality.
I've ordered tons of hand-made stuff and rarely, rarely have any of them been delivered on the stated deadline. I've accepted that's the nature of handmade custom props and it's best to adopt this philosophy (trust me, it'll save you mentally). It is, after all, hiring an expert to make you something. Timelines matter less than "Am I going to get my product" and "will it be quality work?". The answer with ProtonProps is a resounding "Yes" to both in my opinion and experience.

As to the communication? That's unlike ProtonProps. Again, are you being a huge pain about it? I'd bet you $10 you haven't gone a year without hearing anything. Hell, I'll double that to $20. Perhaps I've misread something?

I've ordered a pack, fobs, shells, etc and he was always quick to answer and ALWAYS fulfilled the orders to high quality standards. If you're worried about it being fulfilled, I have no doubts it will be. Timelines? That's a tough one and not unique to ProtonProps.

And by the way, I have TWO additional packs on commission with ProtonProps right now.

Again, not trying to be a jerk about it but honestly ProtonProps is one of the best vendors I've dealt with here so I'm trying to find out why the outlier. Ultimately, I'm appreciative of these prop builders and try to be mindful of burning them out - it happens quite a lot and without them, we'd be sporting cardboard packs.

Cheers.
nevenkman, Ackbar, cristovalc and 1 others liked this
By eljuanyo
You all keep uploading walltexts about patience and shit and keep ignoring the fact that he has been ghosting people for MONTHS (no pun intended) deliberately. That's a fact.

Still waiting for an explanation to why he connects to his Instagram several times a day, but he cant reply to my DAILY messages I send him since October?.

Explain that. Thanks.
Rsixx80 liked this
By Mooose
Was about to pull the trigger on a fully loaded 84 pack but having discovered this thread, there's no way I'm waiting as long as many have. The awful communication merely makes things worse. I got ripped off by Russell at Epic Props uk to the tune of £900 and don't want to make the same mistake twice. Such a shame!
By tobycj
Mooose wrote: January 30th, 2023, 3:52 pm Was about to pull the trigger on a fully loaded 84 pack but having discovered this thread, there's no way I'm waiting as long as many have. The awful communication merely makes things worse. I got ripped off by Russell at Epic Props uk to the tune of £900 and don't want to make the same mistake twice. Such a shame!
Epic are back trading, so I'd suggest getting in touch with him about that. Simon Carr of the Yorkshire GBs is handling most of his comms at the moment.

You 100% would not get ripped off by Proton Props, but the wait is realistically likely to be longer than advertised currently.
nevenkman, Ackbar liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]