Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Postmanbdp86
GB peeps I could really use some advice.. bought a proton pack for my Hasbro wand from Vikingprops back on 3/2/21. I know packs can take up to 3 months to build but it’s about to be month 4. I’ve emailed a few times and he’s responded that he’s finishing things up and is ready for shipment next week. Well that was a month ago and now he’s not returning my emails. Did I get scammed or am I just being an impatient lol. Thanks.
By l3w1sb159
I made the mistake of buying a full premade pack from them about 5 or 6 years ago for them to disappear from etsy where I bought it and nt respond to any emails.
I learned a valuable lesson from that.

Always use PayPal.
By dantonvfx
Hey guys, is there any news with this case?

I Ordered one Proton Pack also on August 17th, the guy told me 3-4 weeks of Building, and that would be here by Mid/end September. Its almost Halloween and it's not here. I've contacted him several times.

One of the last ones he replied was on September 26th, and he said that the Batteries shipping got delayed and he was waiting for them, but that the Proton Pack would it be here on October 15th as we Said when I did the purchase.

On October 5th I contacted him because I haven't seen any picture yet, and he replied on Oct 8th that they were doing their best to wrap it up soon. On October 11th he asked for my address confirmation. And form there, no more replies, I messaged every day of the week of the 15th, no reply, I messaged him On Monday 17th, no reply, I messaged today again, no reply...

Did your case got solved? Is there anyone else experiencing this issue?

I know some people complain about him, but all I can find is from 2012/2015 , and I saw a lot of other people that actually got their Proton Pack, with its flaws, but they got it... maybe 1 month later. But the thing that he is just ignoring me knowing he missed the deadline... makes me Angry. And at the same time makes me more Angry because I don't have more choices on that Budget, its that, or nothing.

Thanks!
Last edited by dantonvfx on October 22nd, 2021, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By l3w1sb159
I would give him an ultimatum of a refund, should scare him into actually doing something and if not you can always try to do a charge back through your payment method if he keeps stringing you along.

Trust me i made the same mistake before he disappeared and stopped replying entirely and lost over £500, I'd rather that not happen to someone else.

If it doesn't work out seriously have a look at building one yourself. I never thought I would be capable of building a super accurate prop, but I managed it, so if I can do it anyone can!
:cool:
By dantonvfx
I hear you, but this was long time ago right? I've been following and have seen some people getting theirs more recently, and even saw some shipping. That's why I wondered if he still having the same issues now a days or not.

I've not heard form him since Oct 11th, and he ignored like 1 email per day, I had a friend getting also a proton pack form him, and he is not responding either... his website says all is sold out... and I know he did a shipping 2 months ago or a bit more with a few proton packs.

So I wonder if he waits until he fulfill all the orders he has to then ship them all together since might be cheaper for him. But if that's the case, why ignoring the client and not reply to the emails? If you tell me you need more time because X I would understand probably. But what burns me is the "unprofessionally" he has.

I might wait to the 27th and check the HasLab Proton Pack and see if its worth it (I'm a bit scared after seeing the Cell Light steady instead of animated...), and if so, open a dispute thru paypal to get my money back, now with Covid they have more days (6 months) to claim. So not sure what he wins with all this situation.

Any more recent experiences with him?
By dantonvfx
I just got reply form the guy:
Hi Daniel,

We are a small shop of artists who hand-build replica movie props. It is a delicate process and respect and care is given to each and every build.
As you may or may not be aware, there are currently global shipping delays as well as material shortages. Due to this as well as EXTREME demand (for Halloween and the opening of the newest film in November) we have put all new sales on hold (marking all as sold out) so that we can prioritize and complete all of our current orders as quickly as possible.

Our PayPal is suspended currently, which is slowing us down even more.

You will be updated as soon as your Proton pack is complete. If you have any more questions please let us know

Thank you

I escalated the issue to paypal, hopefully will get a refund. I don't believe any of this bullshit, and I can figure out why his Paypal account is suspended...... I guess I'm not the first one complaining about him recently I told him:
That is a great Bulk email answer, that actually does not respond to any of my questions I did to you several times, and neither seems to be really addressed to me only.

As I said, I escalated this issue to paypal to get a refund. During these 3 weeks you have disappeared. I had enough time to find other customers that paid for the proton pack and never got it, nor the refund. All the cases were exactly the same as mine, same "It's about to be done", "we are waiting for batteries", "will be delivered on time" "its shipped", and none got pictures or tracking, theys top receiving answers and of course never got the Product.

I remember you My Proton pack was "About to complete" more than 1 month ago. Never seen pictures, never got any reply back from you. And of course, you missed all the Events where I needed it to display, and as we agree, you could not hit the deadline.

As I said, I recommended your shop to a friend after I paid mine, he is aware of everything that's going on and he will probably escalate this to paypal knowing all we know now.
By dantonvfx
More news, now he is very talkative:
Thank you for understanding!

All sales final. Due to personal configuration, customization, or design these unique hand made replicas are non-returnable. No returns or cancellations will be accepted.
My reply:
I paid for a Sale to be delivered before October 15th. Not made it. End line. It's all on Paypals now, they have all the emails, conversations and stuff they need where you agreed to deliver before the 15th. Where it's shown how you disappeared for 3 weeks, and could not commit to the agreement we made when purchasing the product. And I believe that I'm not the only one with this complaint on paypal for what my research did.

You had time enough to speak with me, instead of keep promising that the proton pack was about to complete more than 1 month ago, no pics, no nothing, no delivery on our date.

I don't have too much to say tbh, I think I've been talking a lot during the past 3 weeks and I'm still waiting for any response from you to anything I asked. Same as other few people that are still waiting for their proton packs for years or months. End of the line.
I hope all this is gonna help someone one day :S
By dantonvfx
So after the Paypal claim he came back to answer.... and we got to an argue because he could not even give me an estimate after telling me last Friday 29th that he got all the materials and pieces he needed to build it. And that he needed to Paint, assemble, wire, etc etc... And of course, because that meant it was not "About to complete" on September. BTW I had to ask 5 Times for an ETA, he ignored all the times my questions, until I got Mad at him and focused my emial on these clear questions, saying he is not even able to answer them for 5th time. The he said "Soon"....

After I complained because he could not give me an eta and just a "Soon", he told me he was not a "Soothsayer" and could not give me an eta. I got mad about it and replied that I can't believe he treats the customers that way, and I told him I can't believe he doesn't know his building times, and at least have an aprox eta for how long its gonna take him now that he has all he needs , he Replied to me in a really BAD WAY with bad manners that my Pack would be ready to Ship this Friday October 5th. But he would not ship anything with a paypal claim, so I have to cancel it. He was very Rude to be honest he even said: "YOU ARE A COMPLETE PAIN IN THE ASS" because I want it NOW. When All I'm asking is for a damn ETA, and based on my experience and what I found on internet (and told him about all the cases), and based on that he is lying all the time with the status, disappearing for 3 weeks, ignoring my questions and sendindg Bulk emails (same to my friend that bought a proton pack by my recommendation) and not hitting the targets... I don't think I'm asking for anything crazy.... . Funnily, my Paypal claim ends on Saturday 6th (one day after his new "deadline"... what a coincidence, one day after his new eta)

I tried to settle things down and put some more trust on him. Explained all very polite and detailed of why we got to were we are and that he had to take a step back.

He replied very rude also, saying he doesn't have time on his life to read the Novel I wrote, and asked if I have the patience to wait for the Proton pack or not.

I replied him that I can't trust him anymore, and that I'm not gonna cancel my claim since that will get me expose t lose the money and not get anything. So I was nice enough to offer him an alternative. IF IT'S True that he has my Proton Pack on Friday and he send me Pictures and Videos, then I will let Paypal refund me on Saturday, and do another Purchase with him. That way he has the money, he can ship without a claim, so he is covered, but I am too because if he does not ship or what I receive its garbage that doesn't look like what I bought from his website... I can still claim and get my money back.

Its almost Thursday and I'm still waiting for his answer. Will see if he send Pictures/Videos on Friday. I guess if he wants the sell he will do, but if its all smoke and doesn't have a proton pack he will ignore me and loose the money. The thing is that I recommended that store to a friend, and he is also following my steps, so if he fails me, he will lose 2 sells.

I'm not even sure why I'm still giving this little trust on him tbh. I guess I really want a Proton pack. But this will show to the rest of people how this guy runs his "Store" and hopefully avoid this problem in the future.

UPDATE:

For who ever wants to know a recap of my experience with him, this is the email I sent him to try to calm things down and make him take a step back on his Rudeness and bad manners. And he literally ignored it and called me "PAIN IN THE ASS". Here is a recap of my full experience with VIKINGPROPS (Hopefully helsp someone):

Hi,

I have not rallied anyone to do the same, I think Werner has his own will and decision and he can decide for himself based on his experience too.

Okay, I think things are going sideways and I'm gonna try to explain my side of the situation, so you understand how I felt, the same way I understand your situation.

-We had a great touch base at the beginning, you were super responsive, and everything went great. Since I did the order, I never Bugged you until September 16th, that was 1 month since I ordered, you told me before the purchase that the construction time would be 3-5 weeks, and on September 1rst when I paid the extra animated lights/sounds that would be in 3-4 weeks done, so it was that time and I just wanted to catch up and see how it was going, and I think I was friendly and polite all the time..

-You answered me the next day (or even same day) that it was about to be completed. I replied that That was Awesome and thank you so much.

-Since you told me that was about to be done, I contacted you 10 days later asking if there was any update, since you told me that was about to complete and we were getting close to the deadline I had, but I was polite and nice all the time.

-You replied to me that you had the battery shortage, and I replied to you politely if you thought that would still be done and at my place for October 15th and if there was a possibility to check other stuff in pictures to get approved meanwhile, so we could get all ready before the batteries come. You replied that It would be on the 15th, and that some work was still needed like Final Paint, decals and cosmetic tubes/wires after the internal battery wiring is complete.

-After that (was on sept the 26th) I did not bug you again or ask you for more, since I understood the situation you explained to me, you granted me that would still be delivered by the 15th and wanted to give your time and space to do what you needed to do.

-On October 5th (10 days later) I sent you another email, and I think I was polite, saying that I just wanted to check the status since we were just 10 days away from the 15th. Nothing else, I'm not pushing, I'm just asking for updates for something you told me was going to happen on time. I still trusted you here.

-You did reply 3 days later, october 8th (and as you can see I did not message you more times before your reply or pushed for anything), on this reply you said you were doing the best to wrap it up and get it ready to ship. After this I did not message you, did not push for anything or did not ask for "When it's gonna be done", I just trusted you and let you do your thing.

-3 days later, october 11th you asked for my shipping info.

-On october 12th I replied to you with my shipping address. You can see that I've been trusting you during this whole time, I have not been pushi, I've been polite and I've trusted you on everything you said to me. Since you asked for my shipping address and it was October 12th I knew we were running out of time, so I "Understood" The pack was completed and about to ship, or almost completed for real this time, so I asked if there were any pictures I could see of the proton pack already to check the weathering? just in case you were going to ship rapidly to get it on time. I was not asking for anything crazy and I was polite with you.

-The next day, October 13th I didn't see any reply from you, and just 2 days away from the 15th, and knowing you are in an advances schedule (so for you was almost the 14th) I was not seeing any viable way I could get the Proton pack delivered by the 15th as you promised several times. SO let's be honest, I was starting to freak out with the situation. Mostly because I commited to bring a Proton pack for Display to 3 events, and I was seeing how this was not going to happen, and how I would explain to the organization that will not make it. So I sent you an email saying literally this:
Hey,
How is it going? I'm sorry, I don't want to be annoying, but I'm really freaking out at this point. Last time we really talked about real updates was September 26th, you confirmed that the Proton Pack would be delivered before Friday October 15th (I have some events that weekend that need to bring it with me), we are on October 13th, and I'm still waiting for real updates or Pictures to check the product from you, I haven't seen the weathering, I don;t know if you did too much, or just a little as I ask, or how it looks in general.
I hope you can send pictures today, check that everything is fine and then ship it on Ultra Mega Super Express UPS or DHL, because otherwise I don't know how it's gonna be here for the 15th, that is what we talked about in August.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
-As you can see, I'm just asking for a real update, and extend to you that I'm starting to freak out because I don't see how this can be here on time. You told me you were doing the best to wrap it up, and asked me for shipping address, so it was stated that the thing was about to ship, but not getting reply for you during these 3 days, and getting as close to the 15th, it started to freak me out, but as You see I'm polite I'm saying that I'm sorry and don;t want to be annoying, but I needed an update from you, and its true that I got a bit pushy but I think it's nothing weird due the situation and lack of real update.

-The 14th was the same as the previous days, no answer from you. For you it was 15th already. I then saw clearly that the proton pack would not be here on time. And that frustrated me a lot. But still I just sent you an email asking for any updates. Nothing else, and was polite.

-October 15th. For you 16th already. I have not got any word from you. You knew the 15th is for when I needed it, and you told me several times that it would be there for the 15th. The LEAST I would expect from you, or from someone that can not hit the deadline/goals on a Service/product or job is to at least contact the client to let them know that sadly, it will not be on time for X reasons. I can be frustrated, I can be mad, but at least I would know that you care and that you are trying your best. I can understand the situation, if you are still waiting for materials or if your workshop had to shut down for any tech issue, or if you got sick and can not work, or any other reasons, I would have understood it. But I was in the dark, you were not clear with the updates, I did not know if you got the materials or not, or what was the status of the proton pack. All I knew was that a few days ago you were doing the best to wrap it up and shipp, and 2 days later you asked me for the shipping address. So that is worse than knowing that there was a tech issue and will not hit the deadline. If you had contacted me and given me a real update I would have been frustrated, but I would understand, and would wait, hoping to at least get it by the other next 2 events. or at least 1. Same way I've been understanding your situation and trusting you until now.

But no contact form you. You disappeared. You left a client in the dark and alone when it was supposed to get the product/delivery. That was THE WORST part of all this, because again, I can understand that you get delayed for stuff that you are not under control, but the thing that you did not care for the client (in this case me) to even shoot an email saying it was not done yet and it was going to be delayed... That fired me up. And more even because mid september "it was about to be completed", 11th october "you were doing the best to wrap it up and ship", 12th you ask for shipping address.... I mean, all seemed to point that the Proton pack was really almost ready if not ready. ANd then you disappeared and ignored me on my deadline. How would you feel about this if it happens to you? How would you feel if you are expecting your boss to pay you on the payday, and he assures you it's gonna pay you that day, that day arrived, you are not paid, and your boss is missing in action for a few days. I'm sure you understand what I mean and How I feel at this moment.

I explained in the email that I did not understand why it was not ready yet and how it could have 1 month delay, but that I could understand that some components were delayed. And I told you CLEARLY that this was not what Annoyed me What ANNOYED ME was your lack of professionalism for everything stated in the above paragraphs. Still I don;t think I was not Polite, but I told you the truth abo9utt he situation and how I felt about your professionality. and then I told you again that I can understand that things cnas go off the rails, but that your lack of response in these moments were what was killing me, so I decided to be direct and ask Direct questions with EASY answers:
Again, I understand some things can go off the rails, but it's that easy to keep the client updated, and give new estimated dates when you see you can't hit the one, and not ignore the client on its desperation.
I've tried to be patient, message you to ask for updates with not too much luck or with not too much info back, and this whole situation it's making me pretty angry, mostly the lack of response by your side.
-What is THE REAL status of the Proton pack?
-Are the BATTERIES there already?
-HOW LONG MORE is it gonna take?
-WHEN it is going to be DELIVERED?
-Are you gonna use a DHL or FEDEX Fast 1-3 day Shipping at least as a bit of compensation for the delay?
I don't think I was asking too much on my previous emails, just to have the product I paid for when we agreed (that was more than enough time) and get updates from you with dates, pictures and status)
I already know I've LOST this weekend event, but I still have 2 more events the next upcoming weekends (22nd and 29th). It is going to be here at least by then?
Looking forward to hearing back from you
Cheers
-I waited 1 FULL WEEK before message you again (October 22nd) and didn't bug you meanwhile, hoping that you would reply, thinking that maybe you got sick, or something major happened. SO I gave you some space and Trust, yet I was not happy with your professionality. This was the email:
Hi,
it's been a week since my last email, and no reply from you, almost 2 weeks since you don;t reply my several emails. Could you please reply to me?
-Are you gonna use a DHL or FEDEX Fast 1-3 day Shipping at least as a bit of compensation for the delay?
Cheers

I don't think I'm not being polite here, even knowing my frustration, desperation, and how annoyed I was with the whole situation.

-Its October 25th. It has been more than HALF A MONTH since I didn't hear back from you. Our deadline was more than passed, and yet I ask politely for updates. Your lack of response and unprofessionality makes me suspicious. I started to do some research on the internet, and I don;t like what I find. Lots of people in the same case as me, Proton packs never delivered, money never refunded, you disappearing, you saying that was shipped but was not, you promessing to ship, or saying that was about to complete but was not and all that over and over and over. ALL WAS THE SAME as what is happening to me. Your ETSY store was closed, I could not find A SINGLE good review for your product anywhere. NOT EVEN 1. There was no way to contact you, I didn't even know your name by then. Common, you are gonna tell me that my reaction from now is not more than Justified?

-End of October 25th, no reply during that day either. I decided to escalate it to paypal, and I think I let you know in a polite way too:
Seeing the situation where we are, I've asked Paypal for a Refund and I will contact another friend that made an order with you 2 weeks after recommended by me so he is aware of all this and he can ask paypal for a refund also before the Buyer Protection ends.

Now, after all this recap, I hope you can understand HOW I felt and HOW I FEEL about all this situation. UNTIL this point I don;t think I've not been polite, even when I was complaining about professionality I was also adding that I can understand that situations cna go off rail or there can be delays. And yes, I explained my situation to Werner, because I recommend your store to him. He bought a Proton pack because I sent him your link and I think the least I could do is update him with my situation. And by the way, he was as Surprised and frustrated as I was of seeing all this.

-October 26th, NOW Suddenly, after I escalated this to paypal, you quickly appeared again. ANd you explain to me that you are a small shop, the delays on components stuff and that your paypal is suspended. Now, if you had a Battery delay, and 10 days later you tell me you are doing your best to wrap it up and shipp it soon, I understood or it implies that the batteries are in already and you are working on the proton pack, if not you would have told me that you are still waiting for them. SO the thing about delays in components didn't had sense at this point. But what was more interesting was that you sent almost the same message to Werner. SO knowing my frustration, knowing the emails I sent you asking you for an update for something I paid for and was supposed to be done and at home long ago, It made me even more Angry that you did not reply to any of my questions/updated status/ and just sent me a Bulk email. That confirmed to me what I was suspecting, the customer care was nowhere to be seen. So I replied in accordance to that Bulk email, and I think at this Point, and after trusting you and give you your space I am well Deserved to be ANGRY with you and with the situation, and I think based on the situation I'm still Polite, and Inform you of the actual situation on my end, something you don't do on yours:
That is a great Bulk email answer, that actually does not respond to any of my questions I did to you several times, and neither seems to be really addressed to me only.
As I said, I escalated this issue to paypal to get a refund. During these 3 weeks you have disappeared. I had enough time to find other customers that paid for the proton pack and never got it, nor the refund. All the cases were exactly the same as mine, same "It's about to be done", "we are waiting for batteries", "will be delivered on time" "its shipped", and none got pictures or tracking, theys top receiving answers and of course never got the Product.
I remember you My Proton pack was "About to complete" more than 1 month ago. Never seen pictures, never got any reply back from you. And of course, you missed all the Events where I needed it to display, and as we agree, you could not hit the deadline.
As I said, I recommended your shop to a friend after I paid mine, he is aware of everything that's going on and he will probably escalate this to paypal knowing all we know
-October 27th, You reply to my desperation, my disconcertion, my "No" updates and my frustration with this email:
All sales final. Due to personal configuration, customization, or design these unique hand made replicas are non-returnable. No returns or cancellations will be accepted.
Thank you for understanding and patience!
This was the last drop that made the water overflow the Cup. Seriously? I'm explaining to you my situation, my feelings, my desperation, and yet this is your answer? A Bulk email and a "Sales are final"???????? This made me explode. And Who would not. Again, stop for a second, switch position, and tell me in my situation you would not. I go back to the previous example, your Boss didn't pay you on your payday, disappeared 2 weeks, and when you complained to HR, he appeared again just saying empty words and didn't speak at all about your missing salary. Seriously?

-I reply with this:
I paid for a Sale to be delivered before October 15th. Not made it. End line. It's all on Paypals now, they have all the emails, conversations and stuff they need where you agreed to deliver before the 15th. Where it's shown how you disappeared for 3 weeks, and could not commit to the agreement we made when purchasing the product. And I believe that I'm not the only one with this complaint on paypal for what my research did.
You had time enough to speak with me, instead of keep promising that the proton pack was about to complete more than 1 month ago, no pics, no nothing, no delivery on our date.
I don't have too much to say tbh, I think I've been talking a lot during the past 3 weeks and I'm still waiting for any response from you to anything I asked. Same as other few people that are still waiting for their proton packs for years or months. End of the line.

-You literally IGNORED the content of my message again and replied the same as before:
Thank you for understanding!

Let's stop here for a second. DO you think this is normal? If I had a customer complaining, or asking for an update for a product I should have delivered 3 weeks ago, the least I could do is listen to him, and answer all his questions, explain the situation and try to make him understand why this is happening. But you no, you just ignored all my questions again, all my explanations of why I made a claim to paypal and stuck with "THE SALE IS FINAL" and that's all. That reconfirmed my suspicions about you, and about what I've read on the internet and what the people I contacted told me. And that my friend FIRED ME UP way more that what I was. I had to ask you 2 more times the SPECIFIC questions I did in the past and you ignored a total of 5 times:
Again, understanding the situation. DO you think I'm not polite or I am like "I kid that asks are we there yet?" because I'M ASKING FOR A REAL UPDATE ON MY ORDER THAT IS LONG DUE ITS DELIVERY DATE and there is NO WAY to get because you ignore my messages or reply with other stuff?? SO after disappearing for almost 3 weeks, after ignoring my messages with Bulk replies, I'm being not polite or pushy because I'm just trying to find out what the hell is going on and what's the status of my order? Seriously? You Blame me for having Werne open a Paypal Dispute, but you have to blame yourself for that, because he has seen our email conversation, and saw the same as I saw. How you were avoiding answering any of the "status" questions. And that's why he filed a claim with paypal.

A normal Store/Person would inform you if there is something missing, if there are delays, if there are problems that affect production. They will not ignore your messages, disappear for 3 weeks, keep ignoring your questions and reply with bulk messages or evading the status order. Do you understand that all this situation where we are is your Fault? If instead of disappearing, on the 15th you have had contacted me and informed me that you were not only missing batteries, you were missing more components, or there were 5 orders ahead of me, or that something happened and you would not been able to delivery by the date we agreed, I would never do a research about you and find all what I found, I would never open a Paypal dispute, and I would never be as Angry as I am with you and this situation. I would have been frustrated, for sure, but I would have understood the situation, and at least I would have seen you care for the customer and you are keeping me up with the status of my order.

The you finnaly repleid tot he QUESTION:
Hi Dani,

There are many complex stages of building a proton pack with electronics, especially if you want it to function correctly and look excellent. Also when your pack parts are cast, drilled, sanded and given their first coat of black paint; they are ready for assembly. The next step is to build the electronic system (a lot of soldering). If a structural component (MDF, urethane plastic, sound chip, battery, speaker, paint, ALICE frame) is not on-hand it holds the assembly up. So Your pack can remain 70-90% complete until we have everything to complete assembly.

Also I do not build these IN BULK. This is a small workshop with hand and bench tools. These are made to order individually and typically materials are purchased per order. This is why your pal, Werner may have a longer wait than you, his components were ordered after yours.

At this point you remind me of a kid in the back seat of the car saying, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

I see you have attached a telephone number; if you like I can give you a call?
I reply this:
Hi,

All that you explain has sense and I understand, but...

I don't think I'm asking that much. I did an order that was suposed to be deliveried before October 15th. It was not, you desapeared 3 weeks, meanwhile you were gone I've heard so many histories similar to my case where they were not getting their proton pack at the end, apart of the internet stuff I've managed to contact some people in person and could speak with 3 that did not get the Proton pack neither refund, one on 2019, one on 2020 and one in this year. So these are no old stuff.

I've just been asking for an eta, I don't think I'm askonf for nothing crazy or weird. You know how many orders you have before me, and how long it can take for them, or how long it can take for mine to be build so you have to know an eta more or less of how long it might take. I was just asking for that, and seeing all I explained before I think its more than a legit question tbh.

But yet you can't give me an answer :$
And then you repleid this 2 days later:
Hi Dani,

Your proton pack alone with animated lights could be ready to ship by this Friday.
However, I will not ship anything as long as there is an open PayPal dispute because I made our no cancellation, no return policy even more clear for you than it is already stated on our website and you have ignored it and frozen our PayPal with your bullshit dispute. In addition you have rallied other customers (that we cherish) to do the same.

You are a COMPLETE PAIN IN THE ASS! If even 1/4 of my customers were like you, I wouldn't offer these anymore at all. Thankfully you are alone.
Even Werner (who you convinced to take action against our PayPal too) is more polite and understanding than you.

You ARE the little girl from Willy WOnka that wants everything NOW. (pic attached)
And now, 2 days ago, that I asked for an ETA more or less for several times, you literally said you were not a "soothsayer" and could not give me an eta 2 days ago, you had now all the components, and you have all ready, but you could not give me an eta.. Now you can, and you tell me this Friday. What has changed in these 2 days? Why could you not give an eta on friday and today you can? I'm just trying to understand you and the situation, because I never encountered this before. I made custom orders for Gizmos, PKE meters, Traps, and NO ONE had any issue with me, and the opposite way, and if there were delays (that there were) they would explain to me and I would understand. Even the PKE meter malfunctioned and I got a replacement. SO I'm just trying to understand you, but you are not making it easy.

Obviously, at this point, I don't trust you. Neither Werner. And I think we have a LOT of reasons. I paid a lot of money, money that I can not afford to lose now, and if I cancel the Claim, I will not be able to claim it any more, so I will be exposed to not receiving the proton pack at all. SO I guess we are at a dead end, you are not shipping while having a claim, and I can;t cancel without guarantees that I will receive the product I paid for in good condition, or even receive it.

The only way I can find, and it means having to put some trust in you again (and I think I'm burning my hand here...) is to keep going with the claim, Paypal will end up refunding me this next Saturday I believe. If it's true that you have my proton pack done by Friday, and you sent me pictures and videos, The only way I can think of is that we can try to solve it by making a new purchase. If I receive the Proton Pack at all, and it's as described and shown in good condition we are in peace. If I end up not receiving the Proton pack at least I still have the chance to not lose my money thru paypal and start a new claim to get my money back. That is the only situation where I can guarantee that I will not lose my money for nothing. And I'm not even sure if I should be suggesting this with our current situation tbh.

I hope with this email you understand my situation and you can get on my skin.

Cheers
By l3w1sb159
That guy is an absolute POS, kudo for sticking to your guns. Let paypal do the rest and get your money back. I got the same treatment before he disappeared without any way to contact him.

This thread needs pinning or something so other people don't fall into the same problem.
By dantonvfx
I don't understand either, and I was trying to with that email I sent... At the beginning of the issue I thought he just Build the orders he has, and then ship them all at once because might be cheaper for him have the delivery truck come to pick up 5 proton packs at once that having to come 5 times (one for each proton pack).

But at this point, he would at least showed me pictures or a proof that the Proton Pack its made. And he has not. I know there are Proton Packs out there from VikinProps, but all I find is from before 2015. from lately I could contact a couple of people that ordered on 2019 and 2021 and never got it. SO I wonder where are these people that actually got one? Why can't we find a good review out there? Or why can't we find a bad review form the past 3-4 years? It doens't have sense for me.

By the way, on one of his first emails after the paypal claim he said he will not work with paypal because his account is suspended. I told him that I can figure out that more people complained to him. And on his last email he is Blaming me for his Paypal Suspension. But I've checked Paypal rules and it says it will only suspend when there is a certain number of negative claims against the store. So I guess I was right and he got more complaints before me.

What freaks me out is that I will not have Proton pack again :S . I can't find a Builder that doesn't charge 3k and has good reviews. seems that this issue happened with a lot of prop makers when they have long delays or never ship. I have ordered the Hasbro one, but its too long wait, I would like one now.
By dantonvfx
Well, I guess we have a final verdict.

He said the Proton pack would be ready to be shipped today, but he never replied since then, neither sent pictures or update me on the status. So I guess this is the final proof we need to know how this guy works. I suppose he wanted me to cancel the claim saying that the PP would be shipped 1 day before Paypal refund me, but since I did not cancel it (if I do I can't claim it again and will loose the money) he didn't bother to even reply anymore.

It's sad because if it was true that Today he would have had the Proton pack ready to ship I offered him to do a new payment after Paypal refund me the money so he could ship the Proton Pack. I was still having a little hope for it to happen and have my proton pack at home next week. But I guess he never had a proton pack even close to be built at all.

I don't think I'm gonna hear back form him again, since for him (UK) his Friday is close to be done and has not replied to my status update email.

I hope my shitty experience helps someone else, and I'm open to hear about good experiences form other sellers so I can try to buy one already assembled PP, I can't wait until Hasbro releases his to have one tbh, and I don't have time to build one by myself with a newborn around.
By Wern_r
I'm the friend Dantonvfx is talking about and at this point I've lost any form of confidence in Viking Props. It's been the same as Dantonvfx's experience. Constantly hearing that I'm not able to get an estimate for when my pack would be ready or even able to be started. No info on if it even was in progress yet. After hearing the interactions between my friend and Viking props I got the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach. A very unprofessional way of talking to your costumers. Even I ended up getting an almost copy paste reply about how they are a small shop etc and every time I would reply that I can understand delays but without communication I don't know what I'm in for. Then would ask if I could simply get an estimated ETA so I know what I'm in for. The reply I got was that he couldn't give an estimate if he didn't know himself. That to me sounded very strange for a prop builder who has been doing this for many years. I've always stayed very polite in my replies. Even told him how I felt about this whole situation.

After talking extensively with my buddy I also decided to escalate the claim with Paypal. I really don't feel comfortable continuing doing any for of business with this shop. The more I'm reading about it the less comfortable I feel. It's a sad day when you think you finally can afford something you always wanted as a kid but gets shattered by a business that you thought would be okay to use and these packs are expensive as can be. At this point, and I've told them the same, I don't want to be in business with them. Truly wishing no harm to their work/business but the unprofessional communication is just not doing it for me at all. I'm hoping Paypal will refund me and I'll never take a risk like this again.
By dantonvfx
Well I have a new UPDATE:

Friday October 5th I got a message from VikinProps saying:

Hi Dani,

It is 11:30PM Friday here in Southern California, USA and I have some EXCITING news...

Your proton pack was completed today and is ready to ship! ( so was Werners! :D )

We will record a video and pictures and send them tomorrow (Saturday 11/6).

Happy Guy Fawkes day!
Of course, Saturday wen thru and no email with pictures or videos. I waited till this morning to contact him about the pictures, so I didn't sound Pushy, but no reply so far at 2:30 PM.

My Paypal transaction got refunded This Saturday, so I'm not sure of what to think, if he just sent that email on Friday night hoping I was a bit drunk by then and I was going to cancel the claim thinking I would get pictures and videos of the proton pack on Saturday, and since I got refunded he just disappeared because doesn't have a proton pack to show and the money is already gone... or maybe he just got derailed with other things and could not sent the pics, but this would be weird with our history and claims to be that "passive" with the things he says/do and miss another "deadline" he placed himself.

I guess my inner child was hoping very deep that I could get a Proton pack before the Afterlife release.... Anyone is selling theirs by any chance?
Wern_r liked this
By l3w1sb159
To be honest I think its better off getting your money back than having the pack off him. Considering how little effort he put into simple communication I wouldn't expect any more effort with building the pack.... if it was even built.

Have a look on ebay or such for a spirit pack, they're a little smaller and not super accurate but might do the job until you can sort out a proper pack.
Kingpin, Wern_r liked this
By Wern_r
Well, I also have an update and got this message on Friday.

Hello Werner,

Exciting news...
Your Proton Pack was completed this evening and is ready to ship! (So was your friend Dani's)

Photos and a video will be recorded and uploaded for you to review tomorrow, 11/6/21 (YES, we even work on Saturdays!)

Thanks

Making a big point about even working on Saturdays. Like Dani, nothing came and I doubt there even were proton packs. How can you go from I have no estimate and knowing it takes a while to build a pack, to it's done!

This morning I woke up to the email from PayPal stating that I will get my money back. That wraps it up for me and I won't think about this again. Hope our similar stories will be able to help and inform other people to not make the mistakes we both made.

I'll go for the Hasbro one instead now.
By Burdman81
I ordered 2 packs in July of 2020. I’ve been in sporadic contact throughout the entire time. Sent a communication last month asking for honesty about my order and got the blanket email about being a small workshop, that’s the last I’ve heard. Pretty much realize I got robbed.
By dantonvfx
Burdman81 wrote: November 9th, 2021, 11:08 am I ordered 2 packs in July of 2020. I’ve been in sporadic contact throughout the entire time. Sent a communication last month asking for honesty about my order and got the blanket email about being a small workshop, that’s the last I’ve heard. Pretty much realize I got robbed.
God.... 2 Proton packs?? That must even hurt more.... I have not got any reply yet form him with the pictures and videos from the "Supposed" finished Proton Pack from last Friday... I just lost my hope, but at least did not loose the money... I'm seriously considering that we should Blacklist this seller and make aware others thru their youtube/facebook page about what this guy is doing.
By l3w1sb159
I agree, if he was on the level just simple communication shouldn't be this difficult. And when people are paying a lot of money for something the least you can do is keep them in the loop. Plenty of other prop makers and sellers in the community that I have dealt with have kept up consistent replies and updates the whole way; BenofKent, Shapeforge props, Mike from GBpartsHQ etc. Its not hard to treat customers with respect especially when they are paying the bills.
By dantonvfx
Totally agree. It is unacceptable. And not just the communication, its the fact that these Proton Packs never existed.

Did you got a Proton Pack from someone that you can trust?
By l3w1sb159
I ordered a kit from BenofKent to build myself after doing a lot of homework to make sure they were legit, As I had fallen prey to viking props several years before. I wanted to make sure I didn't naively fork over hundreds before checking I was going to get what I paid for, plus building it myself made it feel more like my own pack.
By dantonvfx
l3w1sb159 wrote: November 10th, 2021, 8:41 am I ordered a kit from BenofKent to build myself after doing a lot of homework to make sure they were legit, As I had fallen prey to viking props several years before. I wanted to make sure I didn't naively fork over hundreds before checking I was going to get what I paid for, plus building it myself made it feel more like my own pack.
I wish I had time to build one for myself :( My only option is to get one Already Built and done, or someone that builds them, but It's hard to find someone reliable and not that expensive
By dantonvfx
UPDATE:

VikingProps replied to me yesterday, Thursday 11th. this is his message, almost 1 week after he said he would send me pics/videos on Saturday 6th:
Hello,

The messages are not going through, probably because the video is too large. I will upload it to YouTube and share a link with you. Also will snap some pictures right away
I can't really decode this guy. Seriously. He never sent any pictures/videos as promised on Sat Nov 6th, so I just told him that I was done with him for real. Now, 6 days later he sends me that message... and of course, after 1 day, no photos attached, no videos on youtube either. I don;t know for you, but "I will snap pictures rigth away" for me means: "I'm attaching the pciture son this email, or in a few minutes", but hey, maybe I'm crazy. WHY? Why there is even need to do that? It's not like you are still disputing the money. And what shocks me more:

Seriously you don't know how to attach videos/pictures to your customers? This is one of the Selling Points he promotes when you are ebuying form him, he doesn't ship "until" you have approved the product thru pics and videos. So I guess he should know by 2021 how many photos/vidoe he can attatch... or use drive for that... or whatever free upload sevrice you have on internet...

This tells me even more about this guy, because he probably hans't sent picture sin years, so he is probbaly scamming more people that we know. therwise.... I'm not sure what is he trying to acomplish with all this. Doesn't he see that it's doing worst by keep promesing pictures, and not sending them, and then saying he can;t send them because they are to big? At 2021 this does not have any sense to anyone that has more than 2 neurons.... I just can't understand this guy and his acts.
By KillDozer
Just wanted to add to this thread.

I "tried" purchasing some GB stuff thru his Viking Props direct website; as I am a newbie and had no idea they were blacklisted; but after a month and a half I have had to file a claim to try an get my money back.
Last edited by KillDozer on November 15th, 2021, 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By dantonvfx
Man thats horrible to hear.... This guy seems to have a pattern for sure... to not build or delivery on time. He should reboot his "expectatives" or construction times.... if he is indee dbuilding them.

UPDATE:

After 1 week of waiting, he did sent pictures of the Proton Pack finished This Saturday Nov 13th. Some stuff was weird, because he sent me pictures of my proton pack and my friend's (Werner) both together, and this is the werid stuff:

-My protton pack was for "David". My name is Daniel, and he always called me Daniel or Dani, never David. So I'm not sure if this is a mistake, or this Pack is for someone called David.
-My bud Proton Pack... He claims this is not his Proton Pack for several reasons: He ask it to be very weathered (on the pics is not weathered at all) and 1 week or 2 ago VikingProps stated him that there was not ETA since it was missing components. Also, VikingProps stated to me that my proton pack woudl be way before my friends since I ordered almost 3 weeks earlier than him.

So... Maybe these were someone else's proton packs? Sinc eif mine was done before my friend's, why he is showing them both together? Why my friend;s is not weathered at all as he ask for? Why on my tag said for David? And why it takes 1 week to "upload pictures" to a costumer because they are to big and the emaisl are not going thru?... There are some stuff smelling here for sure. We both got our claims sided by paypal and got our money back. Werner did not want to keep in bussines wiht VikingProps. I offered the guy to Do this:

-If he could send me pictures of the PP finished on time, I would aks him for a new invoice and pay again the amount, but the PP had to be deliveried by Wed Nov 17th. I even sent him the shipping options that could make it on time.

VikingProps reply was that before shipping, I needed to clear my stuff with paypal... and that I needed to cancel the claims and apologice to Paypal, and then Pay to VikingProps a Fee because when they get a claim they get a penalty.

As I told him severla times, I got my money refunded, and thats how I replied this time again, so I could not cancel any claim, but if it helped him, I could write to paypal saying that I saw my product finally and that I was going to do a new purchase with him. But I would not pay any fee to paypal (because they sided with me) and I would not pay any fee to VikingProps, because the claim was due to his lack of profesionality, he never deliveried when he agreed to for several times, and he disapeared 3 weeks during the dealdine until I escalated the issue with paypal. Still, he never worked with paypal, so if he got a penalty is his fault, not mine. Since he could have avoided a claim by just deliverying the product when he stated severla times, or if it was not possible, then give a new estimate or keep me informed of the real status of the proton pack (and not say: "its about to complete" when it was not even started probably) , instead of that, he desapeared, leading to think that he run out with the money, so if he woudl have not disapeared and keep in contact I would have never filed a claim. And yet, after beign claime,d he could have worked something to make it work, yet he did not, because he did not had a proton pack, or because who knows why.

SO yeah, I'm not paying for any fee. and I stated him that the deadliens to ship the PP to get it here on Wednesday 17th were Last Friday, Last Saturday, and the last one Today at 2pm. Its 4PM and he has not replied yet since saturday, and of cours eit hasn;t ship anything because he has not sent any invoice. He just seemed to be itnerested on me canceling the claims and appologicing to paypal.

If he was interested into selling me a PP he would have sent me a new invoice inmediately.

BTW The Proton Pack ended up looking cool for what I saw on the pictures tbh, but I still prefer Haslabs one by far. And again, I'm not sur eif that was my PP or someone else.

So YES, he seems to build Proton Packs.... now... knowing what we know from all the people that are still waiting for years for the product... and our personal experiences.... I don't know how much I would trust VikingProps. His Customer service after purchase is the worst you will ever see, and gets wprst as the time passes by. And I have the feeling I got my PP on pictures (and my buddy Werner's one when he was not suposed to have his yet) because all the preasure we did to him, and yet he was late and bad manner.

I don't know if the guy just accept soto many roders to produce, or he just builds the necessaries to have his bussines up, and formt he rest he takes the money.

He said his Paypal acount was on hold and was trying to balme me for that, but You need a fair amount of claims to have Paypal put your Paypal on Hold. So I guess he must be dealing with a bunch of paypal claims....
By dantonvfx
NEW UPDATE:

So this is what I replied to him on Saturday after he aske dme to cancel my paypal claims and appologice to them, and then Pay them a fee:
Hi,

I can't cancel anything because Paypal already refunded me. I can contact them to tell them that finally you got the product done if it helps, but I don't think they will make me pay any fee because the claim was because the product was not deliveried on the time we agreed, and you were disapeared and could give an eta until last minute when Paypal was going to resolve the case.

The best I can do is, as I told you in previous emails, to get a new invoice and do the payment again. I can't cancel or remove the claim because it ended and I got already refunded. But If writting to Paypal saying you finnally got the product helps you, I will gladly do it, but I doubt they will claim me any fee since the claim was stated about delivery time. Also I will not pay any fee, since all this could have been avoided if you were clear on the status of the PP and did not disappeared for 3 weeks during the deadline we both agreed on leading to think that you ran out with the money. There was time enough to fix this before it escalated to paypal.

Werner will not answer you anymore likely, probably he might have blocked you. I will let him know tho. But he stated me clear he was done business with you at this point, oposoted to me.

So as I told you, since you have the PP, I'm willing and happy to do a new payment for it, but has to be here by wed 17th night at most. The whole propuse to get the PP was to display it at a few events. I missed 4 already, and the last one happens on the 18th. If I can't get it by then there is no really point to have the PP, although I would love to tbh, but the main propuse was for the events (that I was suposed to be paid for to attend with one PP and did not happened). The 18th event is not paid event, I already missed these ones (and I'm not asking you to pay that loss or pay a fee for that), but since you sent me pictures I'm willing to pay the bill again if I can get it in time.

If you send me the invoice, and can guarantee it will be here the 17th I will pay it inmediately.

Let me know please.

Cheers

After remind him friendly this morning that Today at 2PM was the cut out to have the Proton pack shipped on time he repleid me this:

Dani-boy!

So good to hear from you!

If you want a proton pack that connects to your Hasbro wand and is made out of the same chinese plastics, you better order soon!

Hasbro says if you pre order now and agree to be charged in December you could have one by 2023!!

Good luck pal!
I guess these Proton packs we saw on pcitures were not ours, since he has done "NOTHING" to get paid again for them. I ofered him to pay again for the Proton pack and he hasn;t sent me any invoice, but this email.

He justw anted us to cancel the paypal claim and loose our money.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]