Nuclearjungle wrote: April 16th, 2021, 12:01 pm Here you go. Magnoli, Heavy Props, GBFans.

Note that my GBFans is slightly modified, having sanded it a little and added tan to the gray rubber. I'll still probably warm up the gray a little more though, perhaps with some yellow.
Curious how you "added tan to the gray rubber"?

I'm with you on the warm gray vs tan debate, and trying to find the perfect color connector. Yours (incl the photo posted below the one I've quoted) look the closest I've seen so far.

The GBFans gray connectors look REALLY dark, though, and yours there looks really light (which is better than dark for sure). Is the shop photo just bad, and the connector itself is decent?
Just posted this to our social media and thought you guys would like to see it too:

NB: The color differences between the GB1 and GB2 khakis are exaggerated in this photo due to the photo processing. I liked the contrast so left it as it was.
Indy Magnoli wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:24 pm Here's our updated v1 patch on canvas:

Guess who we're making a suit for (no, it's not Bill Murray)...
Are you using one of the publicly available fonts to produce the nametags? One of my main regrets is how inaccurate the font I made back in the day ended up being when compared to the screen-used patches:

Indy Magnoli wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:24 pm Here's our updated v1 patch on canvas:

Guess who we're making a suit for (no, it's not Bill Murray)...
This just dawned on me right now, I wonder if that’s my Venkman patch you were holding. Given the timing of the picture that is about the time my suit was in production. Maybe you get a lot of Venkman requests but that would be funny :lol:

I just got my suit yesterday and I am over the moon with it! I’ll post some pictures of it along with the no ghost patch and hose connector when I have a chance.
Indy Magnoli liked this
So, sorry if I missed it, but has a comparison with the screen used one been done yet? ZedR’s I think? How close are they? I’d actually buy this as a souvenir not to wear.

Can multiple patches be ordered along the suit?
ZedR wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 9:42 pm
Indy Magnoli wrote:Not that I know of, but we're making a GB1 suit for ZedR, so he'll be able to compare them when that is done.

If you want multiple patches, e-mail us to discuss as this could be arranged for an extra fee.
I'd be happy to :)
Sweet.

Do you already have an album somewhere with pictures of your suits?
There are pics of his suits taken by him and by people who have ordered and received them from him in earlier posts in this thread. There is also Magnoli Clothiers on Facebook where you can see the Ghostbusters stuff and other stuff they make, and they had an Etsy store too but I can’t seem to find it at this time.
Matt Campbell wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 8:24 am There are pics of his suits taken by him and by people who have ordered and received them from him in earlier posts in this thread. There is also Magnoli Clothiers on Facebook where you can see the Ghostbusters stuff and other stuff they make, and they had an Etsy store too but I can’t seem to find it at this time.
Do you mean ZedR’s or Indy’s? I was looking for pics of Ray’s screen used.
Whoops… my bad! I was talking about Indy’s!
I have to learn to read everything more carefully.
GhostFaceX liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: Sweet.

Do you already have an album somewhere with pictures of your suits?
Not at the moment, no. All of the detailed pictures and measurements I took of the screen used suits I own were provided directly to Magnoli for his use only.
Been a bit of a busy week trying to get all the Christmas decorations set up both inside and outside of the house but I finally had a moment to snap a couple pics of my new suit compared to my older nomex. I can't say enough how beautiful this suit is, and the way the color changes depending on lighting is amazing. There are some times when it looks to be very tan like in some of the production photos, then there are other times where it looks much more gray like during the Gozer roof top scene. I really like the patches as well, to see the final product after following all the changes both on here and on the RPF is impressive, but a little more on that later. Below was under the kitchen lighting when it first arrived, seemed to be much more tan.

Here it is side by side with my surplus nomex suit, no lighting beyond normal sun light through the window.

I really enjoy the pockets like the screen used suits, that's always my biggest issue with my nomex since I typically just wear shorts underneath I can never easily access the pockets. This leads me to putting my phone/wallet/keys etc in the flightsuit pockets which would get annoying for me.

They did a great job with the pockets and the velcro for the cuffs to match the screen used suits.

This brings me to the patches and hose connector. As I said earlier watching these progress from prototype and all the changes throughout the design process to see how well done the final product is says a lot about Indy and his team. I really like the no ghost patch, the slight off white of the felt for the ghost and just the feel of the patch being a little thinner and more flexible than most are great. The sizing is very good as well, it's virtually identical to the Todd Cook patch which was made off measurements from the Stantz patch. Below is Indys patch (L) Todd Cook (C) and the Calgary GB's (R) for some reference, it's really a tough call as to which patch I'll put on. I've been looking at all of them over and over and it's really a struggle.

Also, here is the nametag compared to the GBFans that I have. Some slight variations between color, size and font on these.

And lastly, the hose connector which for me is a much easier call than the patch. I think Indy did a great job on the coloring, much like the suit the connector color slightly shifts based on lighting. Under kitchen lighting it's a darker shade of tan, under natural light it's much lighter. While I know the debate will rage forever regarding GB1 connector color I think this was very well done. While the rubber on the GBFans connectors are much softer and more maleable this is only slightly stiffer and much softer than my GBFans tan connector on my nomex suit. Indy (L) GBFans (C and R).

My only regret on this suit, if you want to call it a regret, is that it's not as baggy in the chest as I had wanted. But that is not Indy's fault, when I ordered this back in March we added a couple inches to the chest in the measurments. However with gyms reopening in southern California in the spring I was able to start lifting weights again and put on a little bit of size in the chest. I have a feeling this suits measurments would have been perfect had it not been for that. I do plan on ordering a GB2 suit and will add a few more inches to the chest/waist on that one and it should be perfect. Just need to wash this one to get out some of the wrinkles and figure out which patch I want to use. Thanks to Indy for being so patient and willing to make so many changes for all of us accuracy nerds, and to Joachim who was always helpful with production updates or questions I had. The final product is well worth it, you've earned it! :crunch:
GhostFaceX wrote: December 7th, 2021, 11:15 pm Very nice! So the Indy name patch is a brighter red?

I am curious about the no ghost patch though. On the upper left side it’s so slanted why is that?
I should have specified, the GBfans patch is on top and Indy’s is on the bottom. The GBfans patch has a brighter red color to it.
Hi everyone

I’m new to this.i almost wanted to pay for a truspec suit(frens in Malaysia are sharing the cost) and so i was jus reading the long thread from page 1 ,the accuracy of Indy’s work , and how in da process, there were quite a no of mistakes as mentioned by members of the forum. Considering where i am from, to buy magnolia flightsuit is a hefty investment (currency exchange is pretty huge on the pocket), so jus wan to clarify if just recently things have been better, improved, no mistakes. Just don wan another headache.I don’t mind the waiting time.

I’m still thinking if i shd get versions 1 rip stop or charcoal cotton…(decisions)

Tq for any valuable advise from u gais with experience
It's hit or miss still - I'm still awaiting my suits to be delivered again. So far, I have suits delivered with stains, incorrect stitching, wrong sizing, and then the most recent was made inside out meaning the ripstop pattern was on the inside. So I'm waiting on my 4th suit to be delivered but I can't tell if things have gotten better until it's here.

Some people have got perfect suits first time, some of us haven't been so lucky. The suits are so good though that despite all the agro I've had I still want to give them the chance to make it right. I don't recall ever being as patient as I've been with this run. And credit where it's due, the company have done a lot and out of their own expense to make things right. I wish they would put the same effort into actually getting it right first time which would save a lot of bad PR/Agro on both our parts etc.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]