Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By ProtonPack83
Inevitably waiting for Hasbro to finally start releasing some new gear around this pack. They've had a TON of time to prepare for it - I'm really doing to be disappointed if they stop at the pack or simply wait eons until the new movie actually comes out. The 84' Wand should be high on their priority list, especially since they can now design it to talk to the pack even better and send the sounds of the wand THROUGH the pack, unlike the Spengler wand. Fully expecting a trap and PKE with the taser mode in the near future...but I've never seen Hasbro be timely in the modern era - go figure.
oidoglr liked this
By TheManEatingToaster
Fritz wrote: February 9th, 2022, 2:02 pm I put some little rubber bands on the proton throwers to get them to aim them a little more like the old figures; the FF21 proton packs are a lot more accurate than the old RGB figure ones, but with no wrist or elbow articulation, getting them to "aim" naturally is impossible.
Have you tried the rubber band trick with the Kenner Classics figures? I wanna buy some proton packs from that line for my original figures.
Last edited by Kingpin on September 17th, 2023, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Trimmed quoted text down to remove all the quoted screenshots
By ccv66
I would have to imagine it's a trap. Maybe they milk it and just do an cosmetic change to '84 pack. Either would still kind of be wins
mrmichaelt liked this
By Ectojeff88
Count me in for both! I need an array of traps and meters since I was silly and only bought one of each from Mattel… I would also be thrilled with a retro Kenner Trap.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Ectojeff88 wrote: October 12th, 2023, 9:03 pm Count me in for both! I need an array of traps and meters since I was silly and only bought one of each from Mattel… I would also be thrilled with a retro Kenner Trap.
I missed out on when Mattel was offering them hence my overzealous reply for both, heh. The Mattel ones I see on ebay look pretty rad. The prices not so much, lol.
By frankov
Is this announcement going to be a Hasbro Pulse Premium exclusive? Just wondering if any of you are subscribing just in case.
By Broccoli
I think it is just going to be an announcement for a new line of figures. They probably want to gear up and prep for the new movie next year and will announce a new wave for the Plasma Series. Nothing from the new movie, but a wave to get people back into the line, like from GB2 or possibly TRG. Kinda like they did when they released the first wave covering GB1 in 2020 before the revealing the Afterlife figures (which, of course, was dramatically pushed back).

I would be really surprised if it was a HasLab. I can't think of anything that would qualify for a HasLab that they couldn't release to the mass market like they did with the Spengler Wand.
By frankov
THawke wrote: October 13th, 2023, 7:51 am Do we know what time this announcement is going to be made?
Some GIJoe and Transformers stuff has begun to drop on their store and social pages, but still no GB. Yesterday's announcement was made around 4pm (EST), if that's any indication.
THawke liked this
By Ecto24601
Broccoli wrote: October 13th, 2023, 8:03 am I would be really surprised if it was a HasLab. I can't think of anything that would qualify for a HasLab that they couldn't release to the mass market like they did with the Spengler Wand.
It won't be a Haslab but...
...Plasma Series 1:12 Ecto-1
...Slime Blower prop replica
...Plasma Series 1:12 Firehouse playset with separate containment unit basement
...big new stuff from the next movie

would make awesome Haslab projects! But anything smaller like a trap or PKE should of course be mass retail, like the neutrona wand.
By Kingpin
Ecto24601 wrote: October 13th, 2023, 8:33 am ...Slime Blower prop replica
They'll never make the Slime Blower.
The Proton Pack made sense because it's an iconic item lots of people would want, and the job of producing a full Proton Pack was made easier thanks to them releasing the Protn Gun separately.

On top of that, the size of the Slime Blower would also likely rule it out of consideration.
One time, deadderek liked this
By SpaceBallz
I bet it's gonna be another weird mashup. Like Barbie and Ghostbusters.
By timeware
Oh God no. I like cross overs but i'm drawing the line on that one. Lol. TMNT and Ghostbusters makes sense, but Barbie? No spank you!
By zeta otaku
So, Hasbro just dropped their announcement for the announcement on Facebook. It's... cheesey as hell... the important thing is it ends with it saying that we'll find out what it is at the Hasbro Pulse 1027 event with the sounds of a PKE meter scanning.

I'm now 80% convinced we're getting a PKE meter.

Edit! Looks like it's on youtube now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUuoaegfUR4

Last edited by zeta otaku on October 13th, 2023, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ectojeff88
Also with that long shot that held on the firehouse and trap…. If they go big with a movie prop PKE, Kenner Trap and Firehouse and other items, I would say this is could be VERY big!!!
Sucks it’s just a tease for the actual reveal!
Ugh 2 more weeks….
deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this
By deadderek
Neat little skit but semi annoyed they teased us yesterday for....another tease today.

As much as a new PKE will be nice, I have a feeling something BIGGER is happening.
LeoCor Replicas liked this
By Ecto-Roboto
I think the shot at 1:35 with the big smile is as clear as it gets: Plasma PKE Meter and Trap, Firehouse playset . Everything else is more cryptic but figures from GB2 seem very likely.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]