Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Kingpin
I'll quote the relevant remarks together... Perhaps seeing them aggregated may give a clearer picture of things... It wasn't just one or two off the cuff comments, but several, scattered through your post:
RichardLess wrote: July 17th, 2023, 4:59 pmIt shocks me this movie has any fans among the fanbase.
RichardLess wrote: July 17th, 2023, 4:59 pmI can’t imagine anyone watching Ghostbusters 1 or 2 and saying “yeah this is a good Ghostbusters movie” and then watching this and thinking the same thing.
RichardLess wrote: July 17th, 2023, 4:59 pmThis movie is so bad if I was going out with someone who said they loved this movie I’d have to reconsider my options.
RichardLess wrote: July 17th, 2023, 4:59 pmIf you are into Ghostbusters for the tech and the ghosts I can maybe understand why you dig this movie. Because there’s lots of Ghostbusting. Lots of proton pack action. Maybe if you were more into the cartoon than the movies? I don’t know.
RichardLess wrote: July 17th, 2023, 4:59 pmMaybe if I knew it’s loathed by the entire fanbase it wouldn’t be so hard to fathom but that it has actual fans?I don’t see the appeal. No. It’s worse than that. I can’t comprehend the appeal. On one hand, it’s beautiful that we all see things differently and have different opinions. On the other hand…are we not watching the same movie!?! Usually with movies I think are bad I can at least understand why people like them. I can see the appeal somewhere. Beyond the aforementioned proton pack action…this one escapes me.
RichardLess wrote: July 17th, 2023, 4:59 pmI’m just being honest. If that’s condescending? Can’t help that. I literally do not understand how a Ghostbusters fan could like this movie.

I hope you can understand why it can come off as dismissive when you state several times you don't understand what people can enjoy about the 2016 film. Why should it be "shocking" that people enjoyed some, or all of the finished product?
It's remarks like that which I feel are examples of how a person can come off as condescending without outright "making fun" of someone.

And as I wrote earlier, it's not just one or two comments, but several... Including repeating some of the remarks in your newer reply.

I like classical music and '80s hair metal, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Lower Decks, sometimes the things we like don't mesh against each other... There are things to enjoy about Ghostbusters 2016 even if it is a very different animal to the original films it draws inspiration from... I like it because it gives us some things the original films didn't, such as seeing the equipment evolve as the Erin, Abbey, Holtzmann and Patty learn from their experiences, ghostly manifestations like the Thanksgiving Day parade/balloons... or the ghostly brawl in Times Square, and a human antagonist becoming the actual paranormal threat, rather than being subservient to it.

As far as an example, you can take your pick from any of the quotes I'd compiled above... Though perhaps the most churlish was the one where you'd reconsider your options if someone you were going out with said they loved it.

I just don't feel it was neccesary to turn a spotlight on the fans of the film when the topic's focus was revisiting the film itself.
RichardLess wrote: July 17th, 2023, 4:59 pmAlso? Please don’t let this thread devolve into a series of replies and responses about how any one person feels about the movie.
I don't plan to. I've said my piece on the matter.
By timeware
Coming from someone who liked the movie I didn’t find the post dismissive. Richardless just doesn’t want the whole never ending he said she said, battle of the sexes round quadruple 99.
deadderek liked this
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]