Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Kingpin wrote:It's a new poster for the 2016 film:

-which he'd posted on his twitter account.
I'd love to see a poster of that design made with the Original Ghostbusters.
Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:I echo Derek's statement, how ever this to me is the coolest thing to come out of the reboot
Even above your own retooled pack? I'm impressed!
Yeah because my reboot pack isn't a Holtmann but a Spengler. lol
Davideverona wrote:Someone catched the q&a?
I watched it start to finish.....nothing juicy at all. No announcements of any new series or movies at all. The VR trailer was shown, questions answered, and some prizes given out.

Still a good watch though.
Alphagaia liked this
By Lee FW
Interesting Ivan echoed his previous sentiment about uniting the two worlds going forward. Makes me somewhat hopeful we'll get something more than a comic....athough I reckon given he also mentioned the worldwide franchising that we'll get an entirely new team on screen first (which I'd be cool with)
Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote:That trailer though, Stay Puft looked not good...
Absolutely agree Alpha. But hopefully by the time it ships it'll look better.
Alphagaia wrote:That trailer though, Stay Puft looked not good...
Speaking of Stay Puft, I noticed Reitman said he was nervous about including him in Ghostbusters in the first place, because up until then the movie had such a realistic tone, and Stay Puft seemed to go against that. Interesting note for people who say ATC went against that same realistic tone. ;)
Davideverona wrote:I think the not realistic tone in ATC is due to the over-comedy-ish style compared to the subtlety in the original.
And I think all this serves to demonstrate that different people have different povs on what is too much. :)
zeta otaku liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote: Speaking of Stay Puft, I noticed Reitman said he was nervous about including him in Ghostbusters in the first place, because up until then the movie had such a realistic tone, and Stay Puft seemed to go against that. Interesting note for people who say ATC went against that same realistic tone. ;)
Id say thats exactly why Stay Puft worked so well and had so much impact. It was such a crazy sight and the juxtaposition of this big smiling marshmallow man being used seriously as an object of horror with all the usual movie monster aspects like the slow booming footsteps, people screaming and fleeing, all the tension and buildup as we see quick glimpses of him moving through the buildings etc just worked incredibly well. That the whole Stay Puft scene was filmed completely seriously as though it was a straightforward monster movie is what sells it. I still remember seeing that scene for the first time as a kid and being like "No freaking way!" The scene would never have had the same impact if the movie hadnt had a more realistic tone tone throughout and treated the horror aspects of the film seriously.
JurorNo.2, Sav C, deadderek liked this
Commander_Jim wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote: Speaking of Stay Puft, I noticed Reitman said he was nervous about including him in Ghostbusters in the first place, because up until then the movie had such a realistic tone, and Stay Puft seemed to go against that. Interesting note for people who say ATC went against that same realistic tone. ;)
Id say thats exactly why Stay Puft worked so well and had so much impact. It was such a crazy sight and the juxtaposition of this big smiling marshmallow man being used seriously as an object of horror with all the usual movie monster aspects like the slow booming footsteps, people screaming and fleeing, all the tension and buildup as we see quick glimpses of him moving through the buildings etc just worked incredibly well. That the whole Stay Puft scene was filmed completely seriously as though it was a straightforward monster movie is what sells it. I still remember seeing that scene for the first time as a kid and being like "No freaking way!" The scene would never have had the same impact if the movie hadnt had a more realistic tone tone throughout and treated the horror aspects of the film seriously.
I wouldn't say completely seriously, there is the amusing commentary from the Ghostbusters themselves. ;)

But I agree about the juxtaposition. Same reason I like the part when Rowan briefly turns into the cartoon logo, it was unexpected and creepy. If it were up to me, I would have lingered on that longer.
Sav C, Commander_Jim, Lee FW liked this
By Lee FW
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Commander_Jim wrote: Id say thats exactly why Stay Puft worked so well and had so much impact. It was such a crazy sight and the juxtaposition of this big smiling marshmallow man being used seriously as an object of horror with all the usual movie monster aspects like the slow booming footsteps, people screaming and fleeing, all the tension and buildup as we see quick glimpses of him moving through the buildings etc just worked incredibly well. That the whole Stay Puft scene was filmed completely seriously as though it was a straightforward monster movie is what sells it. I still remember seeing that scene for the first time as a kid and being like "No freaking way!" The scene would never have had the same impact if the movie hadnt had a more realistic tone tone throughout and treated the horror aspects of the film seriously.
I wouldn't say completely seriously, there is the amusing commentary from the Ghostbusters themselves. ;)

But I agree about the juxtaposition. Same reason I like the part when Rowan briefly turns into the cartoon logo, it was unexpected and creepy. If it were up to me, I would have lingered on that longer.
Not gonna lie I would have loved to have seen more of traditionally animated Rowan, hell I'd have even been down for them to just rip the strutting ghost straight from the RGB opening.
Kingpin wrote:It's a new poster for the 2016 film:

-which he'd posted on his twitter account.
And they still don't add the subtitle 'Answer The Call'! Apart from that it's a better poster than what got released.
Doctor Venkman wrote:Pretty cool poster... My only issue with it is why are there two images of Kevin?
This dates back to the movies posters. I have no idea, I did bring it up at the time and everybody said they liked it. Still makes no sense to me. :-|
By Kingpin
Lee FW wrote:Not gonna lie I would have loved to have seen more of traditionally animated Rowan
It worked well for a brief gimmick but I think the effectiveness of the visuals/suspension of disbelief would've started to break apart once he broke out of the Mercado - had he been cel animated for the whole battle.
OGB actors' cameos explained in GB 101 #4: they simply are ordinary people who looks an awful lot like the OGB :) Patty is the first to bring it up, saying that Winston looks very similar to her uncle but 30 years younger, Erin remember the Cabbie and Heiss.
Davideverona wrote:OGB actors' cameos explained in GB 101 #4: they simply are ordinary people who looks an awful lot like the OGB :) Patty is the first to bring it up, saying that Winston looks very similar to her uncle but 30 years younger, Erin remember the Cabbie and Heiss.
I've been told by someone who reads the IDW comics that the writers are struggling to make the reboot characters likable next to the original team. Apparently the only one who seems to work well with the original team is Patty.
555-2368, deadderek liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]