Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By pferreira1983
The man just couldn't resist. Oh no, not content with trolling after the reaction to his reboot movie he decided to troll with April Fools this year (sighs). Believe it or not there are some people who sad as they are were looking forward to an all female Back to the Future reboot until they found out it was a joke :roll: :

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/01/ghostbust ... t-6548282/
GBfan77 liked this
By Kingpin
I'll go on record that I honestly don't think this needed to be addressed here, as it barely is relevant.

Personally, after the trolling he and his cast got over the last year, he was perfectly entitled to post that. It was obvious it was an April Fool's post, and any reasonable person wouldn't have batted an eye at it.
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia, Sav C and 2 others liked this
By pferreira1983
I'm going to be diplomatic in what I say here so for once I don't come across as biased but when you've made a reboot of a popular movie that first of all didn't do that great at the Box Office and second of all isn't seen by the general public as anything special (general fans less so) is it wise to troll not only Ghostbusters fans but also BTTF fans? Reveling in his own controversy isn't the first time he's done this but to crack jokes about starting more controversy feels like walking a fine line between confidence and unnecessary trolling.
SpaceBallz liked this
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:is it wise to troll not only Ghostbusters fans but also BTTF fans?
....It's an April Fools joke....

This is why ATC detractors are not taken seriously. For Ghostbusters fans, their sense of humor is strangely absent at times.

I saw plenty of unnecessary trolling this past year. It wasn't from Feig or Jones.
Sav C, Kingpin, Razorgeist and 1 others liked this
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:This is why ATC detractors are not taken seriously. For Ghostbusters fans, their sense of humor is strangely absent at times.

I saw plenty of unnecessary trolling this past year. It wasn't from Feig or Jones.
I guess what I'm trying to say is if you've in many people's minds mishandled a franchise is it wise to then go and rub it in people's faces? There's nothing wrong with making a joke along as you have an audience to laugh at it.
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:This is why ATC detractors are not taken seriously. For Ghostbusters fans, their sense of humor is strangely absent at times.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you've in many people's minds mishandled a franchise is it wise to then go and rub it in people's faces? There's nothing wrong with making a joke along as you have an audience to laugh at it.
It is wise, because many people took their complaining to some very ugly places. I don't feel sorry for them.
Sav C, Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Ha, looks like I liked your post twice! Not sure how I did that.
Kingpin wrote:I'll go on record that I honestly don't think this needed to be addressed here, as it barely is relevant.
I'm not sure why this news piece was even written. Is a Tweet and its responses really considered newsworthy? I've been seeing more and more fluff pieces like this where all it is a Tweet. It's even a little odd to see Tweets quoted in actual news stories, but I guess it's not much different from people releasing a press statement.

Now thinking about it, I wonder how many stories concerning the reboot were fluff. I thought the media handled the reboot poorly. Granted it was the smaller agencies that were reporting on it, but still they could've done a better job. I wouldn't blame them for how the trolls responded to it, that blame lies solely on the trolls, but the media certainly didn't help, either.
Alphagaia liked this
By SpaceBallz
He just wanted to cause a stir and make fun of the uproar of his failed revival.

At least this joke made sense, can't say the same for the jokes in GB16.
By SSJmole
Wait people are complaining he made a joke on April fools ? Sure i can do that with people i don't like too. Grrrr :-x i heard Michael Bay wrapped boxes in paper in December only for people to just rip it off. That's such a waste of paper that selfish **** is killing our planet! (Did i do it right?)
JurorNo.2, Sav C, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By timeware
Sure it was a harmless April Fool's day joke. I think Paul's a little annoyed right now that IDW's version of ATC is much more popular then his at the moment. He has to try and create another controversy. :whatever:
pferreira1983 liked this
By Kingpin
People automatically assuming the worst of Paul Feig? What is this, 2016? :P:whatever:
Sav C wrote:I'm not sure why this news piece was even written. Is a Tweet and its responses really considered newsworthy?
The Metro isn't renowned for being the home of hard-nosed journalism, it's often quite lightweight or fluffy in the pieces if features. It's not as bad as some, but definitely worse than others... and naturally they'll try find stuff to fill their column inches/boost their readership/clicks.
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote:Sure it was a harmless April Fool's day joke. I think Paul's a little annoyed right now that IDW's version of ATC is much more popular then his at the moment. He has to try and create another controversy. :whatever:
Nehh, if anything his tweets about the comic indicates he is proud and happy.

Alternate OP: Feig made a self/controversy aware joke on April Fool's. People who are already annoyed by his actions are annoyed that he did. More at eleven.
Sav C, Kingpin, JurorNo.2 liked this
By HunterCC
pferreira1983 wrote:The man just couldn't resist. Oh no, not content with trolling after the reaction to his reboot movie he decided to troll with April Fools this year (sighs). Believe it or not there are some people who sad as they are were looking forward to an all female Back to the Future reboot until they found out it was a joke :roll: :

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/01/ghostbust ... t-6548282/
Given that the Ocean's 11 all female reboot is still on... the only unbelievable thing I saw in Feig's tweet, is that a major studio would give him another shot at a blockbuster movie. Lol.

Love how Feig thinks trolling, and reminding people of his GB16 flop, is somehow a good thing. :walterpeck: Great way to prove his detractors were right, and that he's learned nothing from it.
By timeware
By the way guys Paul's done this thing before. It was a cameo in Lego Dimensions. Cant believe I forgot about that one, so is he running out of a-list material?
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote:Once he starts standing up for conservative/independent women maybe i'll cut him some slack.
Cut us some slack you mean. It's not like he reads this Forum. ;-)
JurorNo.2 liked this
By timeware
People still act like he's a champion for women's rights, when he doesn't stand for all women. That's my issue with him. He's had numerous opportunity to.

Still waiting for him to condemn Bow Wows comments on the first lady.
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote: Cut us some slack you mean. It's not like he reads this Forum. ;-)
I agree, cut us some slack indeed. We're the ones who have to endure kids choice awards and April fools jokes being nitpicked to death. For a fandom based on a comedy, there is very little sense of humor to be found. You'd think we were a bunch of Nolanites with all the bitter brooding going on. ;)
Razorgeist liked this
By timeware
I have a sense of humor when the joke isn't stuck on repeat. Had a strange feeling of deja vu so I looked up the lego dimensions cameo that no one seemed to remember.
By JurorNo.2
We all have deja vu every day on this board. And pretty much anywhere else fans gather. ;) Just today I saw someone complaining about the emails again. It's beyond silly at this point and just tiring.

Feig is not going to read these forums, he's not likely to ever see your complaints. All you're doing is complaining to us....about an April Fools joke....
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote:I have a sense of humor when the joke isn't stuck on repeat. Had a strange feeling of deja vu so I looked up the lego dimensions cameo that no one seemed to remember.
It's not that I don't remember, it's just that I don't care if it's a continuation of a previous joke he now makes towards a bigger public, because it feels like just another nitpick to complain about.

It's getting beyond silly how much complaining there still is or just gets repeated.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By JurorNo.2
And again, just gotta say, the alternative to the constant complaining is to post about the GB movies you do like. Which somehow barely seems to happen.
By Alphagaia
I actually had a great conversation in the new comic thread about interdimensional beings and their powers. MrMichael provided some great insights. How refreshing to just talk GB instead of complaining to each other!
JurorNo.2, Kingpin liked this
By Alphagaia
I think the new animated movie might follow up on the 84/89 timeline. I feel it's the easiest way to continue the characters without making them seem old or dead. That's seems such a downer.
They still can do a 'new team takes over' kinda thing, but for an animation it's not necessary to make the old characters obsolete.

It will also depend if they still consider the videogame as canon or tie things up with 2016 to create a huge canon universe. With each universe having slightly different rules to spice up the ghost catching for instance. I know some would not like that last one, but perhaps a new director can add to the story, just like IDW seems to be doing and Ivan seems keen on bringing us all together with the least amount of toe stepping.

Anyways, I hope we get some info soon!
Sav C liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]