Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By JurorNo.2
Sav C wrote:Due to a misread, I now have Can't Stop the Feeling stuck in my head.
You should hear the real thing, lol.

HunterCC, Sav C liked this
By RichardLess
Kingpin wrote:
HunterCC wrote:Haven't heard anything about that movie until meow, but if you liked it sure.
Why are you substituting "now" with "meow"?
Because he's secretly a cat. Duh.
HunterCC liked this
By Commander_Jim
Alphagaia wrote:
Commander_Jim wrote: One month before production means one month before they started shooting, so your line of reasoning with them getting scared from the trailer does not add up there. It could be something else ofcourse, but if it happened, according to the article it happened a lot earlier.

The rest is open for interpretation but at least sounds like one possibility, bu as Richardless concludes by naming a few possibilities, we just don't know the reason.
Hmm, could have sworn In read elsewhere it was before the films release. Ok, a month before production. They were probably scared off by the negative reaction to the films announcement or didnt believe in the concept in that case.
HunterCC liked this
By Kingpin
Commander_Jim wrote:They were probably scared off by the negative reaction to the films announcement or didnt believe in the concept in that case.
Or something else entirely, something unrelated to either of those two explanations.
Alphagaia liked this
By HunterCC
RichardLess wrote:
Kingpin wrote:
Why are you substituting "now" with "meow"?
(Feigns anger) "Do I look like a cat to you? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? Do you see me eating mice?" (Writes speeding ticket)
By timeware
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Sav C wrote:Due to a misread, I now have Can't Stop the Feeling stuck in my head.
You should hear the real thing, lol.

I now have this song stuck in my head after watching the last episode of Ash Vs The Evil Dead.

It's done by Dr.Demento (I think) but will leave you creeped out when you first hear it.

HunterCC, JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By Commander_Jim
Kingpin wrote:
Commander_Jim wrote:They were probably scared off by the negative reaction to the films announcement or didnt believe in the concept in that case.
Or something else entirely, something unrelated to either of those two explanations.
Bottom line- they thought the movie was going to fail and lose them money.
HunterCC liked this
By Alphagaia
Commander_Jim wrote:
Kingpin wrote:
Bottom line- they thought the movie was going to fail and lose them money.
That however, never stopped them before. Plus it could be countless other reasons with LSC wanting a better deal, Sony spreading the money to other movies that were harder to finance, other possible profit margins that had higher risk higher rewards, LSC not getting merchandise moneys, etc.

So even if they wanted in, but later decides they did not want in, we don't have any proof of this and no one is confirming, you base your findings on hearsay, hindsight and only one of many possible options that don't all include quality.
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
DarkSpectre wrote:Spook Central has photographic evidence of them dropping off. They have screen shots from the theatrical cut and the extended and LSC's name is gone from the extended cut.
Thx for the Heads up. I found the two screenshots. That at least gives a bit of clarity that LSC at least was involved with GB.
I'm not sure how to gel it with the article though.
If they say LSC stopped funding the movie a month before it went into production, why are their initials still on the TC? Was that an error that somehow was missed? Or was this the source the article based their findings on? Is the EC a different renevue LSC does not benefit from?
By pferreira1983
deadderek wrote:Image
I love that bit with Carrey going "darling, who are you talking to?" :lol:
HunterCC wrote:So Ghostbusters 2016 is in the same category as "Can't Stop the Music". Along with other classics like "Anaconda", "Catwoman", "Gigli", "Showgirls", and "Battlefield Earth"?
I was under the impression Anaconda did well. I still hate the movie although Jonathan Hyde as always was great.
RichardLess wrote:
Maybe his name's actually 'Mike Hat'. Ho ho ho, how we laughed. :mrgreen:
Kingpin wrote:The only objection I had with the product placement in the reboot was the involvement of that thief Papa John. I think Sony should've stayed clear of him.
I can't remember him. Was he a character in the deleted scenes that's written to look like another male idiot? :shock:
timeware wrote:You should see the billboards in Superman II. Especially during the fight with Zod.
That's great though because of the irony of it all. Thanks to product placement in films however I know know how to ward off an alien invasion :wink: :

deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this
By Kingpin
pferreira1983 wrote:I can't remember him. Was he a character in the deleted scenes that's written to look like another male idiot? :shock:
Uh... no. He stole money from his employees in real life.
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:I can't remember him. Was he a character in the deleted scenes that's written to look like another male idiot? :shock:
Uh... no. He stole money from his employees in real life.
Ooooo, that Papa John, naughty naughty...
By Lefty Throckmorton
JurorNo.2 wrote: October 23rd, 2016, 5:35 pm
EJLambert wrote:It seems that people want original movies, but when one comes out they stay home and elect to rent later.
"Our customers are content with the contrived and mediocre."--Spongebob Squarepants
Not only that, they never bother to check out any of the domestic American non-mainstream movies shown at the Sundance Festival or foreign films, so they keep complaining about how crappy and unoriginal domestic mainstream movies are (apparently many have never heard of the old [and wise] saying 'There is nothing new under the sun.')
By Clifton Sleigh
JurorNo.2 wrote: October 19th, 2016, 1:58 pm Again, IMDB users openly admitted they voted the movie down before seeing it. The way you are. ;) That site is notoriously a safe space for anyone who wants to tear a movie apart.
Especially for this recent original movie, which tons of white people hated automatically due to the skin color of the main character. Talk about confirmation bias.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]