Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By GBmeb1982
I love Ghostbusters! I'm a comedy fan, I love Supernatural films and mysteries, Ghostbusters is all three of those. Dan Aykroyd wrote these films based on his belief and experiences with the paranormal. He is a believer and so am I. I was wondering if anyone else also loves Ghostbusters because of the supernatural part of as well as the comedy. Does anyone else believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
By venkman30
Yes. I've been a ghost hunter for 15 16 years now. I've seen and experienced so weird stuff over the years. I've also seen and filmed what I believe is a ufo. But yes seeing ghostbusters at the age of 4 when ghostbusters first came to theatres made me want to look for answers in this field.
By Sav C
Do I believe in the paranormal? I think my house is haunted by multiple ghosts including our previous dog. My neighbor's house is haunted and cursed (in my opinion) by a ghost that appears as an orange dwarf. It has wandered over to my property on occasion, and the one time I went in the neighbor's house I saw it at the bottom of a stairwell.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'd call that a big yes.
By TonyM
I didn't really give it much credence until recently. I work graveyard shift at a prison, and the housing unit that I'm in this quarter....well....I've experienced some weird stuff. After getting freaked out a few times, I passively mentioned it to another officer, and he's like, "Oh yeah, this particular building is haunted as %$*&." We've had "something" spotted in various common areas after lock down, my bulletin board violently sheds its documents, office machines turn on by themselves, doors open and close, figures rush past my door, etc. All of this goes on while the inmates are locked down for the night, so it's just me.
Since then, the "supernatural" happenings have become sort of routine. It's certainly given me a greater appreciation for the movies and Aykroyd's fascination with the subject.
By GBmeb1982
Thanks for the replies. My first experiences were when I was a kid. My mom got an armoire from my great grandmother. Every time the door on it was left open electronics would come on by them selves. My mom felt a phantom hand on her ankle when she was going to bed. I've heard phantom footsteps at my dad's. We had a dog that died, I've heard that dog run around.
By Chace
I've helped our coroner in several removals and a couple of autopsies.

I've assisted a friend in the funeral industry in a couple of embalmings.

I've owned old hearses, ambulances, and caskets including a used one (a rental for services before cremations)

Recently I've gotten into collecting real human remains formerly used for medical study.

I have a jar about half full (or half empty! Hah!) of human teeth.

I have a pair of arms from a russian female from the 1920's

and my prize is a human male skull...murdered by severe head trauma (likely a hatchet) in the late 1950's

You would think that by now some of that would have netted me an experience or two...

I mean I've actually done the ghost hunting thing and did experience things then that I couldn't explain...But I mean...I once degloved an unidentified fella to get fingerprints... A description of that process along with a pic follows...WARNING! GRAPHIC!!!
This Post Contains Spoilers

so...yeah, not such a believer anymore.

So here's the bones! (BTW both the arms are missing the Radius)

deadderek liked this
By pyhasanon
Do I believe in the supernatural? As a devoted Christian, yes, very much so... I've seen many miracles in the past year alone, and several manifestations of the Holy Spirit, so yes, I'm inclined to believe the supernatural exists, a holy and a demonic side as well...
JurorNo.2 liked this
By GBfan77
I've seen and felt things I couldn't explain. Whether they are supernatural or not in open for interpretation. Recently I was at my sister's home and something odd happened. There was a loud bang from the basement and from my side I heard the growl of a small dog. I was the only one in that room and my sister's two dogs were in another part of the house. Paranormal? Maybe, maybe not. I have yet to figure out how water taps can shut off on their own.
By Scum
I try to stay a skeptical as possible to all of these things. Though, I've had some really odd experiences. I've done a fair amount of study into the paranormal, and it's honestly all thanks to my obsession with Ghostbusters.

One of my favorite areas of study is the theory of residual energy. I live in a relatively small house with my wife, son, dog, and two cats. So obviously there's almost never silence, always something moving around. On the very odd day when I'm here by myself, I sometimes hear the dogs nails clinking on the ground, see (what I assume) is one of my cats walk past me, but I know no-one is there. I'm probably going to butcher it, by the way I understand it is that the more something or someone routinely does something, somewhere beyond the wall of our perception and existence, a pattern is formed. This "pattern" is almost on a ticking clock, and assumes the same action will be taken again, and when the action isn't taken in the "real world" the residual energy of said action happens anyway. This is also directly tied into the ghost/haunting theory. When a ghost is "bound" to a certain area, it's actually the energy left over from when the person or animal was still living.

Also, I'm convinced I've had experiences with Astral Projection (or time travel, or lucid dreaming, still have no idea what actually happened). One of the more jarring situations I'll briefly explain here.
My wife and were laying in bed, dozing off. We were watching "Comic Book Men" on AMC. The time was 12:11. I got up out of bed, shut the bathroom door, guest room door, and office door (These doors are all located directly outside of my bedroom door). Opened our bedroom door and there was what seemed to be a "black hole " or portal of sorts directly located at the entrance of our bedroom. Before I could attempt to avoid it, I stepped into it with my left leg first, just above my knee cap. I then awoke, in my bed, "Comic Book Men" was still on the T.V. and the time was still 12:11. The freakiest part of this whole thing was that when I awoke my left leg, from the knee down, was completely numb. :boogieman:

This area of study in general is just so fascinating. Unfortunately between the charlatans and the ignorance of the general public, the study of the paranormal is one of the hardest areas of science to study.
Tony Bondioli liked this
By deadderek
GBmeb1982 wrote:Does anyone else believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
I don't believe in ghosts or most things considered paranormal. I believe and trust in science. Something unexplained does not automatically mean something spooky is going on.
By pyhasanon
For me, it's not things unexplained (mostly because I can explain it), it's when I see things that would normally be considered impossible, all happen within a matter of seconds... and these aren't con artists, these are people I know personally... The crippled walking, the blind seeing, the incurable cured - that kind of stuff... Also, the speaking in tongues, where literally within seconds of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, people start speaking a different language that is discernibly not just gibberish as people may think it is... If that's not supernatural, I don't know what is...
By Silverstreak
I'm conflicted. I don't believe in ghosts and monsters in the sense portrayed by Hollywood and old-timey ghost stories. These make for good entertainment, but that's about it. I do however believe strongly in the power of the human mind. The mind is incredibly powerful but also incredibly flawed. It can play tricks on us. I believe in chi (aka The Force), and that there are facets of the mind not yet understood, but somehow innate to all of us. It helps us read people's faces and body language. Not everyone uses it well, but we all have it. Some have it stronger than others. The strongest among us may have the ability to sense things which others can't. The mind also manufactures things in the absence of other stimuli.

I don't lump aliens and UFOs in with the paranormal. I absolutely believe there is life on other planets, possibly even intelligent. To think that in the entire cosmos life developed only here as a happy accident, is absurd. However I DO NOT believe that such creatures routinely visit Earth in small, car or bus sized craft, visit the least literate among us, do things involving their butts, and vanish without a trace.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By Lee FW
I'm a sceptic, always have been but definitely experienced things I can't explain. I think that irritates a few true believers I know because I seem to be more prone to seeing the weird than them. I'd love to believe in spirits but I'm sure there's a rational explanation for them all. Voices calling my name, full figure apparitions, strange presences, out of body experiences, a crow tapping on my window at the time of a relatives death. You name it I've experienced it.

3 standout ones for me,

About 7 years ago was probably when things were most active, I was working at an old farm converted into a studio, was painting a wall when my assistant walks in, I didn't turn around but greeted her and then when I asked her how she was and didn't get an answer I figured she'd gone straight into the next room and straight to work. 10 minutes later get a text saying she's on her way in and is running late. Odd I thought, coulda swore someone was in the room with me but I was the only one there that day. Anyhoooo, a few days later similar thing, only I saw a shadowy shape this time. This became a regular occurrence in exactly the same spot until one day I looked up and saw an old lady stood there. Never spoke about it with anyone until my assistant mentioned she thinks she's seen something in the corner and felt weird about working in there. Not long after, I was asleep in the crew accommodation and when I woke I had a figure sat at the end of my bed, tried to speak to it but no answer. When I looked away and back again it was gone. That place definitely had a strange vibe, especially when the guy who owned the place used to tell us he'd regularly talk to his dead mother who used to live on the site.

Another time was staying over at a friends, got up in the night to get a drink but got a horrid feeling of dread walking down the hall and especially the stairwell. Can't describe it but it was intense. Nothing weird about the place, not a creepy old mansion, just a normal everyday house. Then I found out in passing conversation that a lady had been shot dead on the stairwell at that exact place where I felt the worst. Needless to say I kept my experience quiet...he still had to live there afterall.

Probably my strangest experience was when I was about 7 or 8 and I remember it so clearly. I had a really bad fall down a flight of stairs, I tripped at the top and fell all the way down to the bottom...the kind of dramatic fall you see in movies, only thing is, as it happened I was watching myself fall from the top of the stairs and had a distinct feeling of flying. Next thing I know I'm looking down at my hands covered in dog food (I'd fallen into my dogs bowl) Got up as if nothing happened, not a bump, scratch or bruise on me.

Sooooo yeah, I believe in the paranormal I just believe there's a scientific rational explanation for it all and not a higher power....just not sure what that explanation is yet!
By Dreamstalker
One year when I was little we had some rental property on Nantucket, and were heading back to the mainland after a weekend "vacation"/inspection/fixing stuff. The weather was perfect; blue skies, calm and nothing unusual....except I did NOT want to set foot on the ferry at all and kept begging mom to postpone the trip until the last boat out. That didn't happen, we ended up getting caught smack in the middle of a freak hurricane a few miles offshore and the captain managed to turn around; it was a miracle we made it back in one piece. 20+ foot waves, windows were broken, everyone had evacuated the lower deck and had life vests on and mom thought she saw a fishing boat capsize. For the next week she kept trying to figure out how I could have known what would happen...I'm still not sure if I actually did or it was just a weird coincidence (I love boats, so there's no real rational explanation for my refusal and the few things I was scared of I never tried to get my parents to change their plans).

My grandparents' house had a ghost which we dubbed the Lady in Black. My mom didn't know if I was just making it up until we realized that my description, hers, and my grandmother's were exactly the same; we had never discussed the ghost among ourselves prior to that and she didn't even tell me there was one. Grandma finally knew what I was talking to in the attic all those times :) We think that she might have been either a servant girl or older child of the family. There was also a male entity which nobody ever saw, but the whole feeling in the house got darker/slightly violent when he was around (which thankfully wasn't very often). I was able to do some research on the property (entire development used to be a working farm, and their plot held the stables and carriagehouse), but wasn't able to do anything else before we sold the house and the new owners did some drastic renovations. When cleaning the house out we found a wooden (1902-ish) Ouija board that nobody remembered...when my grandparents bought the home it was a brand new development so it couldn't have been left by previous owners, and they wouldn't have owned one. I still have it and don't think there's anything attached to it...if there was I'd think after 10 years we'd know.

We occasionally sense the spirits of our two most recent cats around; one was 'my' cat since grade school (died in 2010, 21 years old) and the other one we literally saved his life.

In a way I'm also a skeptic of sorts; I like to rule out any possible rational explanations. In the case of our "Lady in Black" there was no rational explanation. The other entity, not sure and that will likely never be figured out.
I am a Buddhist, so naturally I have been taught that the spirit plane is a thing. I have also seen photos and footage taken by my uncle and a friend of his from a haunted office they went to. I remember seeing white faceless, bodyless blobs of light that just flew around in the footage. My uncle's friend even told me I've got an actual guardian spirit watching over me (cos he got goosebumps on his hand when he started reading my palm). I wasn't still sure what to believe until I took my own photos.

Four years ago, my family and I went back to Sri Lanka for a combined holiday/family and friends reunion. Being Buddhists, we went to the temple in Sri Lanka's historic old capital. That temple has a sacred tree that was once a sapling taken from the original tree Buddha found enlightenment under. So yes, it's a very, very sacred place.

Sacred enough to attract spirits who wanted to cross over to the other side, as I found out when we went there at night and I took a few photos of the pagoda on a digital camera.

It was a really clear night, no stars and the pagoda was pure white and clean. Yet there were coloured blobs and what looked like a faraway animal-like face near and on the pagoda. One of the blobs looked like it had two people sitting in it, as my uncle pointed out.

One of the elder monks told us that departed souls who feel remorseful (Many of them were criminals when they were alive) come to this temple, because of its religious and historic significance and take part in prayer sessions so that they can completely find peace.

So, yes, I do believe in the paranormal to some extent. Just not what I see in Ghostbusters or other famous Hollywood paranormal-themed movies. The Blair Witch Project may have given me the creeps, but no I don't believe in its take on the paranormal either. I just believe what my religion taught me of the paranormal.
James9178 wrote:No belief personaly and cant see much scientific proof, the deeper ive looked into these things the more sceptical i become, would be great if true though!
It's out there, and it's true, you just need to know where to look...
Tony Bondioli, Scum liked this
By James9178
Yes.... maybe your right! even though a sceptic myself id love to spend a night in a (supposedly) haunted house!

maybe I should join a ghost hunting crew and see what happens?
By GB_Long
I want to believe. I've never personally witnessed anything paranormal or supernatural but i believe these are all possible. Including UFO's.
By GB_Long
I want to believe. I've never personally witnessed anything paranormal or supernatural but i believe these are all possible. Including UFO's.
By gold333
I had 2 experiences when I was a teenager which I thought were "very rare but normal" and just happened sometimes in life.

Growing up into an adult (and never having had a repeat experience) I realised that they were not as normal as my teenage mind believed and would be classified as paranormal.

They taught me that if something genuinely unexplainable (actually) happens to you, your first instinct is to be very quiet about it, instead of shouting about it from rooftops.

Unless you are a child, when an adult makes paranormal claims the only line of questioning is usually psychological health. That discovery (that your first instinct is to -not- tell everyone) was what surprised me the most. Extrapolating that to society, how many people must there be with (actual) scientifically unexplainable experiences?

On another note, the OP may (or may not) have interest in this:

viewtopic.php?p=4865622
Sav C, Tony Bondioli liked this
By Flash6
I believe in such things. Sometimes I have dreams about the future ( I mean some things which firstly appear only in my dreams, later appear in the real life). It's a little bit strange, but cool. When I'm in a some situation, and I know what words would be spoken next, or simply have a strange feeling of déjà vu. I believe that many people have such dreams, and it's quite paranormal.
Tony Bondioli liked this
By Addison04ajm
I have had some crazy things happen to me also. Things I can't explain! So ya I believe their are things that we can't understand or maybe we just aren't supposed you know own.
By RichardLess
Chace wrote: July 20th, 2016, 9:53 pm I've helped our coroner in several removals and a couple of autopsies.

I've assisted a friend in the funeral industry in a couple of embalmings.

I've owned old hearses, ambulances, and caskets including a used one (a rental for services before cremations)

Recently I've gotten into collecting real human remains formerly used for medical study.

I have a jar about half full (or half empty! Hah!) of human teeth.

I have a pair of arms from a russian female from the 1920's

and my prize is a human male skull...murdered by severe head trauma (likely a hatchet) in the late 1950's

You would think that by now some of that would have netted me an experience or two...

I mean I've actually done the ghost hunting thing and did experience things then that I couldn't explain...But I mean...I once degloved an unidentified fella to get fingerprints... A description of that process along with a pic follows...WARNING! GRAPHIC!!!
This Post Contains Spoilers

so...yeah, not such a believer anymore.

So here's the bones! (BTW both the arms are missing the Radius)

Um. I don’t know what’s more odd. That buddy here is bragging about owning human teeth, bodies, skulls and wearing a dead persons skin over his body OR… that nobody here questioned him on it.

I realize this post is about 6 years old but god damn. Double You Tee Eph!
frankov liked this
By GBfan77
James9178 wrote: August 1st, 2016, 4:50 am Yes.... maybe your right! even though a sceptic myself id love to spend a night in a (supposedly) haunted house!

maybe I should join a ghost hunting crew and see what happens?
Be a septic, but also keep an opened mind. There are things that can be easily explained, however there are also things that just make you scratch your head and wonder what the hell is going on.

I'll give you an example, I was staying one night in my camper trailer when something odd happened. I'm sitting on my bed when my light above the table fads out. I figure, since it's solar, it didn't get enough charge.

Then the light above my bed went out, then the light in the center of the camper almost went out.

Out of curiosity, and since I just happen to have it with me, I took out my EMF Meter and got a maximum reading beside me on my bed. The Camper isn't anywhere near a electrical Pole or anything else that could produce a high level of EMF and I certainly don't have anything in the mattress or under the bed that could produce that much EMF.

This lasted a few minutes. Then the light above the table came back on as bright as before followed by the light above my bed and finally the light in the center. The EMF read zero.

Now, I'm not saying it was a Ghost. But it was definitely something that left me scratching my head and wondering what the hell was going on.
By Spenglers
I'm a bit fenced, honestly. As a kid, I can distinctly remember times when I'd swear I could hear someone calling my name but nobody had whenever I'd ask them a moment later, and could also swear that I was hearing clips of music playing in the house whenever it was completely quiet. No radio on, no CDs playing, nothing. Just this ghostly sort of whisper of a line or two of a song. As an adult, I don't notice the music playing out of nowhere much if any anymore, but sometimes I'll still swear people are calling my name when they haven't. I chalk it up to someone saying something that sounds like my name and I overhear and misinterpret it. I also sometimes get weird vibes from new places I visit, but a lot factors into that. What kinda place is it? Is it a retailer, food venue, doctor's office, etc? Where is it located? Good neighborhood or somewhere seedy? Is the building old or new, and if it's old, is the wiring old too? Who's working there and how do they present themselves? So I guess that's all to say, instinct kicks in and makes me hyper-aware of my surroundings (as it's meant to do).

And as for seeing things I can't explain... I can't say that I've seen anything out of the ordinary whatsoever. I've even been in places sworn to be haunted more than once. Nothing. I lean far more into the idea that science can and will eventually explain all the strange things we currently have no explanations for. Even things like faucets turning off and on by themselves, or feeling a strange chill when no AC or fans are on, or seeing a shadow or figure present. After all, what is science but explaining things in the natural world and how they work? And really, what a cool day it'll be when the paranormal/supernatural have explanations!
deadderek liked this
By frankov
RichardLess wrote: August 27th, 2022, 2:58 am Um. I don’t know what’s more odd. That buddy here is bragging about owning human teeth, bodies, skulls and wearing a dead persons skin over his body OR… that nobody here questioned him on it.

I realize this post is about 6 years old but god damn. Double You Tee Eph!
Tell you what, though... Next time someone says they degloved someone and posts pics, I'm not pressing that Show Spoiler button. Then again, what the hell was I expecting?
deadderek liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]