Have you picked up your AMT Ecto-1a model yet? Start a topic in this forum and share your build along with hundreds of others!
By Darkowski
Hello all!
This is my first post.
I'm not taking part in the Ecto-1a Group Build, but don't know where to post this.

I just got the 1/25 Ecto-1A from AMT, and would like to convert it into Ecto-1.
Even though the instructions say I have a choice to build either of the models, I noticed that for the Ecto-1 there are some accessories that are missing - like that "gun" with the two red barrels on top of the car...

Is there any info on how to convert the 1A into the 1?

Thanks in advance!

Darek
By Kingpin
It sounds like your kit might be missing at least one of the pieces, as the red scopes should be included with the kit.

It might be worth contacting the manufacturers about getting a replacement.
By Darkowski
Missing pieces?
Well, they aren't even showed in the instructions sheet...

Perhaps we're not talking about the same kit? :-?

The only number I can find on the box is:
AMT750M/12
By Kingpin
Ah.

I do own the kit, but haven't taken it out of the box yet.

In that case, you could replicate the part with some plastic or metal tubes fitted into a plactic cuboid, and fitted to a short round dowel or tube.
Darkowski liked this
By Darkowski
That's what I thought of doing. Scratch-building it.
Will search for some reference pics.

Thank you!
By Fritz
They say you can build it as either the ECTO-1A or the original ECTO-1, but it's really a lie--it's repop of the ECTO-1A kit from 1990, and yeah, there are some differences from the ECTO-1. All the instructions really say to make it ECTO-1 is to leave off the electronic sign boards and some of the decals, and use the GB1 logo decals. So yeah, there's some stuff that would go on the ECTO-1 that aren't there, because the kit was originally made as ECTO-1A.

You can see the instructions at Round2's website:
http://round2models.com/files/instructions/amt750.pdf

To be fair, at the time Round 2 didn't know the kit would be popular enough that they would find it feasible to repop the Polar Lights ECTO-1
Darkowski liked this
By darthbuster
Maybe I missed something. If so please forgive me, but Why convert the ect-1a kit when amt rereleased the polar lights ecto 1 kit a few years back I still find them available at my local hobby shop
By darthbuster
Fritz is correct, the ecto-1a rerelease box is misleading. It says you can build it as either the ecto-1 or 1a. Which technically is true, but if you want something that is actually first movie accurate then the statement from amt is false. The 1a does not have the proper roof pieces or the correct back bumper.
By Fritz
darthbuster wrote:Maybe I missed something. If so please forgive me, but Why convert the ect-1a kit when amt rereleased the polar lights ecto 1 kit a few years back I still find them available at my local hobby shop
Round2 released the ECTO-1A repop first; they weren't necessarily planning to repop the ECTO-1 at the time, or were hedging their bets if the ECTO-1A didn't sell very well. Since the ECTO-1A sold well, they went ahead and repopped ECTO-1. That's my guess, anyway.
By darthbuster
Fritz wrote:
darthbuster wrote:Maybe I missed something. If so please forgive me, but Why convert the ect-1a kit when amt rereleased the polar lights ecto 1 kit a few years back I still find them available at my local hobby shop
Round2 released the ECTO-1A repop first; they weren't necessarily planning to repop the ECTO-1 at the time, or were hedging their bets if the ECTO-1A didn't sell very well. Since the ECTO-1A sold well, they went ahead and repopped ECTO-1. That's my guess, anyway.
That seems about right to me

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]