Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Alex Newborn
When I ordered my HasLab proton pack, I got a free month of Disney Plus.

One of the movies I recently watched for the first time was 2003's remake of Freaky Friday, with Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan.

Curtis plays the mom, Tess, a psychologist who switches bodies with her teen daughter, Anna, played by Lohan.

And I heard a familiar bit of terminology...

Anna (in Tess's body) : Mom, maybe we should go to the emergency room.

Tess (in Anna's body) : Oh no! All that will get us is a 72-hour lockdown in a psych ward and a Thorazine drip. No, we're not going anywhere.

Anyway, it struck me as funny how no one is out there trying to insinuate that *this* mention of Thorazine by another fictitious character with a degree in psychology must have some nefarious retroactive connotation.

And that film's almost twenty years more recent than Ghostbusters.

Exactly when did it become widespread public 'knowledge' that Thorazine = date rape drug?

Alex
By Macktacular
Yeah, my understanding has always been that early in the movie Dana mentions having been written a prescription / picked one up, and that it's this medicine that Venkman uses to put her out. He just gave her a much bigger dose than what she was prescribed because he knew how to do it safely.
By Sav C
I mean, Dana literally saw a terror dog in her fridge, and it’s clear that she’s concerned that it could be in her head. It makes perfect sense for her to have sought out a prescription for antipsychotic medication, even as a precaution.

Dana notes, when first talking to Peter, Ray, and Egon, that she hasn't been back to her apartment sine seeing the terror dog, and it's been two days. Maybe she went to a friend's place, or a hotel, or perhaps she even checked herself into a psych ward for evaluation. We don't know. However, I think it's more than safe to assume that she sought out some psychiatric help, and going to the Ghostbusters was an afterthought. She doesn't really seem to believe in the supernatural, but she also can't explain what she saw. She puts it pretty starkly when she says, "either there's a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy." Before going back and seeing the eggs on the counter, and learning about Zuul, there's a good chance she was leaning towards "completely crazy."

Personally, if I saw Zuul in my icebox, there's no way I'd be able to go back to my apartment unless I kept telling myself "it's all in my head, it's all in my head" over and over...
By zeta otaku
While not canon, IDW established Dana had a prescription to treat hiccups.

I had to look it up, but yes, it's a really prescribed to treat chronic hiccups and other physical disorders.
By Alex Newborn
l3w1sb159 wrote: February 6th, 2022, 10:42 pm My observation is you see tablets on her bedside table. A very subtle indication that they were in her bedside table? :whatever:
I was intrigued by this possibility, so I cued up the film to check. It looks more like a strand of pearls to me.

They're extremely spherical, and the ones on the far right form a precise C-shape as if they were all joined by a string.

Plus the line "whacked her up with about 300 cc's" always suggested to me that he administered a liquid dosage intravenously with a syringe.

On a side note, I still wonder who that beside photo is of?

Alex
By l3w1sb159
Ah nevermind, venkman is a somewhat sinister character then....

And I would assume that is a real photo of a younger Sigourney that she supplied? Don't know why she would have a phot of herself though... maybe it's meant to be her mum.
Alex Newborn liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]