Hijacker wrote:
Hoot wrote: You're fired sir.
Give me another chance! I even brushed my tongue!
Redeemed!

pyhasanon wrote:
Hijacker wrote: Give me another chance! I even brushed my tongue!
Redeemed!

Greatest. Photo. Ever.

Your pack looks amazing Phil! And you are so bad ass in that video! The look of determination towards the end when you fire was priceless.
More photos from AwesomeCon DC!!!

The one and only George Takei! After the photo, he was like "Wow, your Proton Pack is rumbling!" I answered him "That's because it's excited to meet you!"

Oh my!

Jim Cummings! I walked up to him and said, "Hey, Jim, does this sound familiar?" Then I started to play the Extreme Ghostbusters theme (which I have programmed to my song switch)... He was like "Oh, wow, I almost forgot I sang that! Keep playing it, play it louder! Hey, Jess [Harnell] check this out, this is awesome, I love this version of the theme song!"

Still gorgeous after all these years - Allison Mack! After this, she asked for us to take a photo with her on her own phone! Simple gesture, but epic geek moment for us!

Oh, and Mikey!!!

Wow! He wasn't kidding about kicking it. Love this photo!
Oh, God, it was exceptionally hot, he was dripping sweat! He would take the mask off after every couple of photos and he would be drenched! (Sorry, Hoot, no lady in there) It was pretty damn hot in the convention center to begin with, I was sweating pretty bad on my own, I couldn't imagine how the guys in the full suits felt...

Oh, and Jim Cummings shared my photo to his page!

And another member of the GBVA had a chance to be with Jim in his panel dressed as Darkwing Duck, he did such a great job with the costume!

Way to go, Phil! It looks like you're already knee deep in the fun with your gear! Congratulations!

Now you need to build a pack for your lovely assistant. :wink:
That's the plan, but I need to replenish my funds first... (And Throwing Chicken's Gigameter is going to take some cash too)... =P
Some lesser seen views of my pack...

Rear View: Bluetooth receiver wedged between the motherboard and the ALICE Frame, and the Powertec OEM II Power Supply (not really used, it's just for show, an homage to the Murray pack, and a way to disguise all the external wires... You can see the Switchcraft wires entering the Powertec from the side...)

...but what's that on the upper ALICE Frame mounting point?

Seeing all the horror stories of people's frames snapping, I figured I would reinforce it with a C-Bracket (or U-Bracket, whatever you want to call it, I had more luck searching for C-Bracket)...

I figured most of the force was at the point due to the weight of the pack pulling at this point, so I assumed (I very much could be wrong) that a C/U-shaped bracket would seriously prevent it's ability to bend and snap here... We shall see...

Pack internals... Not much to see here... Kinda messy...

Vent system... An 18650 Battery powering a Kangertech Subtank Plus... with Toasted Marshmallow e-Liquid, of course! (0% nicotine)

And, what the hell is this? Overkill, that's what it is! This is a mini soundboard that applies a sound effect to my manual vent switch (you can hear it in my demo video when I perform a manual vent)... Like I said... Overkill...

A mixer... Why? To route the vent soundboard and my bluetooth player to the GBFans AUX input! And I have an extra port left... A microphone, maybe? LOL!
pyhasanon wrote: A mixer... Why? To route the vent soundboard and my bluetooth player to the GBFans AUX input! And I have an extra port left... A microphone, maybe? LOL!

Drunken St. Patrick's Day Karaoke!
Thanks all!

I think the blue etching dye adds a nice touch, huh? I'm glad I figured to go ahead and do it, even though it's a detail that's hardly ever seen...
It's not the easiest thing to find, for some reason... It's sometimes called a U-Bracket, and it's mostly used in boats, from what I've seen... Not entirely sure what for, but I'm assuming like rigging and stuff... You can stroll around your local hardware store and maybe find something too... I live an hour away from pretty much everything, so Amazon and eBay ended up being my bestfriends...

I would like to state that I have not yet proven that this method will work... I mean, the pack, being the 37.2 lbs. that it weighs, has definitely survived several events already, and definitely over 20 hours of continuous wear (about 7 hours on average per event), but who knows when it will decide to finally snap...
Snapping is my biggest nightmare. But you got a genuine Alice frame, that should hold up well I'm sure.
In my mind, the pressure distribution should work nicely with that u-stock. I think the only ABSOLUTE way to enforce the mobo would be to secure it directly to the tube stock. The other way is to replace the center bar with a stronger stock as well. A few have done it and it's been extremely successful.
Hoot wrote:Ah I was wondering if it might've been a friend of mine lol
Here's your encouragement, Hoot ;) I searched for the vertical bar replacement in Mat's build...

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... &start=180
A non-GB friend of mine said it looks like you can rob a bank with it... LOL
Shoot, try taking it to where I work... luckily some of the gate guards know me well...

...and ask Hoot about crossing the border of the US and Canada...
Some eye candy for the evening... I figured why not, considering I haven't taken any real photos of the thrower yet...

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]