Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By tw1478
boozer4 wrote:I've been wanting to make my own custom painted Kenner RGB heroes, so I'm excited to see this thread up and new!

What kind of paint did you use in your custom figures?
I used a few different brands of pure acrylic and mixed the colors I needed. Testors, Model Masters, Citadel, a couple of off brands my local shop carries, just a mix of stuff really.
By pettykid10
Hey tw1478!
I really like what you did with the restoration the the Ghostbusters action figures. So m7ch so. I would like to do the same with mine. May I ask what prep and materials you used to make them turn out so great? Thanks!
By tw1478
pettykid10 wrote:Hey tw1478!
I really like what you did with the restoration the the Ghostbusters action figures. So m7ch so. I would like to do the same with mine. May I ask what prep and materials you used to make them turn out so great? Thanks!
Hey,
I used regular acrylic model paint, plastic bondo, and automotive clearcoat for the finish. I also used automotive sandpaper for all the sanding, since you can get it in a really fine grit. All of the custom parts I sculpted, made silicone molds of them, and then used plastic epoxy to recreate them. Hope that helps.
By DVRSTY24
Good Evening, I know it's been some years since you did this custom but I'm tryin 2 do something similar with the Hasbro kenner classics re release, got a few questions. What did you use 2 make the white wall tires and did you use an ecto model kit for the roof pieces and hood blue lights?? Lastly where did you find the ornament for the front of the hood,much appreciated if you can help with that info thx
By tw1478
I didn't use any kits. Every thing is just hand sculpted. I used sculpting putty to make the white walled tires and all the roof and light pieces. The hood ornament is sculpted with a tiny metal pin embedded in it to stick through the hood and mount, and then a water slide no ghost emblem laid over it. I hand made everything in my kenner project, but there may be places to actually buy that stuff now, I couldn't say I've never looked into it. Hope that helps in some way.

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome