Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By YHSCraig
I don't know if we have any fellow card collectors on the boards but Topps recently put out a 75th anniversary card set which features some pretty cool Ghostbusters stuff.

The set itself is comprised of cards highlighting some of the great pop-culture and entertainment releases that Topps has put out over the years. These include Rambo, Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters 2, Lost in Space, James Bond etc.

As far as Ghostbusters cards in the set there is the regular base card and various buyback cards. Buyback cards are original cards from the Ghostbusters 2 set that Topps has stamped with a 75 year golf logo and randomly inserted in the set. I think you can get one buyback per box so they are not all that common.

The coolest thing is that Ernie Hudson signed autographs for the set. There are 3 versions of the Ernie Hudson Ghostbusters 2 autographed card. There is a regular version, a rainbow foiled parallel version, and a diamond foiled parallel which is serial numbered to 75.

There are various other GB related cards so I say go check them out!
RedSpecial liked this
I have a display box of original gb2 cards. Was around $12 on eBay for the entire box.

Looked at eBay and Ernie is going for 10-40 for the common auto. Not a bad thing actually. I wonder what TMNT specialty there is?
I will eventually try and get one of the diamond sparkle Ernie autos. The best TMNT cards would be the 1/1 printing plates. Theres only a few out there and it looks like 2 of them sold on eBay already. I'd just keep my eyes open.
brettkybuster wrote:I'm wondering what design the Corey Feldman auto will have when redeemed. Considering he did the voice of Donatello in the original Turtles movie that would be a cool one. It could also be Gremlins or Goonies as well.
I am pretty sure that the Cory Feldman auto is a Goonies card. I think I read that somewhere.
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:
brettkybuster wrote:I'm wondering what design the Corey Feldman auto will have when redeemed. Considering he did the voice of Donatello in the original Turtles movie that would be a cool one. It could also be Gremlins or Goonies as well.
I am pretty sure that the Cory Feldman auto is a Goonies card. I think I read that somewhere.
Yep you're right I actually redeemed a feldman rainbow foil last night.
Cool, I will have keep my eyes open for these. Even though I have an autographed photo of Ernie Hudson, it would be pretty cool to have one of the autographed cards in my collection. Additionally I really want finish my set of Ghostbusters II trading cards, I had quite a few of them back in my childhood.
after I bought the two autos on eBay I decided to try my luck and kept busting box after box lol. I think I broke 7or 8 boxes total. I ended up with two more Feldman redemptions (one rainbow foil and one regular) another Chunk auto, two Dawn Wells autos, two Bill Mumy autos, two Mark Goddard autos, two Julia Nickson regular autos and one Julia Nickson rainbow foil, one Maggie Langrich auto, one regular Van Williams redemption, one rainbow foil Van Williams redemption, one Barbara Feldon, one Tyler Mane, one Richard Kiel, two Joyce DeWitt, two Laser, one Marta Kristen, and my favorite a diamond sparkle Ernie Hudson!!!!!

I also got diamond sparkle base of Jurassic Park, E.T., Iron Man, Grease, U.N.C.L.E., and Wanted cards

I got buyback cards from Ghostbusters 2, TMNT 2, Jaws 3D, Michael Jackson, Aliens 3, King Kong, E.T. , Happy Days, Universal Monsters, Garbage Pail Kids, Desert Storm, Jurassic Park, and Hopalong Cassidy (1950), and Batman.

I completed countless base sets, I think after today I have completed the rainbow foil base set

I have finished the mini set a few times now and I am pretty close to the complet test print card set as well.

I'll add pictures of the stuff when I get home. I was hoping to end up with a Russel Johnson, Roger Moore, Karen Allen, and then I would just pic up the other 3 autos I need on eBay next to nothing to complete the set but I didn't get lucky enough to get those 3.
YHSCraig, bigwhip2u liked this
Sounds like some great hits! Have you been collecting cards for awhile or just now getting into it? Ripping open boxes of cards is the most addicting thing in the world! I've scaled down my collection and am only focusing on autos of celebs I really want. I had a lot of Lost, Warehouse 13, BSG etc. but have sole most of it.
I used to collect a lot of sports cards but I got out of it for the most part. I recently (like yourself) have been really focusing on celeb autos that correspond with stuff that I collect otherwise. When I found out about this set (being a huge 80's memorabilia collector) I had to have some and decided to try my luck. Besides this set the only other autographed cards I have are Sean Astin Topps American Pie Auto, Supernatural Sam & Dean dual auto, Sam & Dean episode worn shirt cards, and a Lauren Cohan auto from Supernatural (Maggie- The Walking Dead). I agree that busting open boxes and packs are super super addicting. I love the thrill and when you get super lucky. There's been a few times out of retail packs I pulled some nice autos (Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett) but then times where I spent a ton on hobby and got squat lol. This set however was right up my alley!!!
YHSCraig liked this
I would check out Leaf Pop Century, usually about 100 bucks a box. You get 5 cards, all autos of various celebs. Really fun to break though. I have a Mario Lopez as AC Slater and Lori Petty from Point break, which are two of my favorites. Kind of quiry but good conversation pieces. American Pie was a fun set but the autos were kind of blah.
I am very interested in Jurassic Park Diamond, Glossy or printing plates from this set. Also the buyback cards, I have about 15 buybacks and 10 diamond cards so far.

Please let me know if you would like to sell any of the JP items you have from the Topps 75th anniversary set.

Thanks in advance, Eric
Anyone know where I can find an Ernie Hudson autograph card from this series? I was really busy in 2014 and I never got around to picking one up. I did however manage to get a nearly complete set of Ghostbusters II trading cards after buying a whole case full of them from a seller on Amazon.
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: May 1st, 2022, 6:49 pm Anyone know where I can find an Ernie Hudson autograph card from this series? I was really busy in 2014 and I never got around to picking one up. I did however manage to get a nearly complete set of Ghostbusters II trading cards after buying a whole case full of them from a seller on Amazon.
Sadly I don’t have it anymore, but I used to have a couple including a Diamond sparkle version I pulled /75.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]