I had always thought it may have been a variation of a fire siren, it has a similar recessed weld line. The A6 tanks have what looks like a raised weld line.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/for/4474673312.html

Here are the pictures measuring the A-6 tanks that I said I would post but never did.

The tanks measure about 13" from the top where the nozzle attaches to the bottom of the tank.

Here are the first two tanks I measured:

When I measured the length of the tanks, I started from the bottom of the valve threading and went all the way to the bottom.

All of them measured 16 1/4".

Now the width:
Tank 1:

Tank 2:

Now, let's add a third tank. All different manufacturers.

Here you can see the measurements are the same.

To cut the tank for a raydome, it looks like that cut will need to be made somewhere around 9.5" to 10.5" (going from the valve threading).

And plush for scale.

Eventually, I will measure the Raydome on the real Ecto-1 with this exact measuring tape and get pictures. I will have that opportunity later this year.
sprprops wrote: January 29th, 2022, 7:51 amImage
Great job on the fab of the raydome! Are those just pictures of the screen used Ecto-1A raydome or did you recently purchase it? Also, it looks like you're building a 1A just by seeing the Sonobuoy in the background behind the naked lightbar? Washington-Ferno cot too. You're part collecting right now. Excellent!
Not my fab on the radome but it is from the Northern Illinois Ecto1A brothers who are building a fantastic 1A replica right now and are absolutely nailing all the hard to find parts, although my garage does look similar with all my ecto parts strewn about. The other two pics are the screen used 1A radome.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]