For users in: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, & Vermont.
By MRblahface
So what Is everyone's plans for Halloween? I know there Is a plan to get some GB's together and do Salem, We did it last year and had a blast! So what are peoples plans?
By Foom Man
I haven't missed a Halloween in Salem for 11 years- I'll be there with a non-GB costume on, but if I see you guys I'll be sure to say hi.
Crazy1van liked this
By dalesd
This was a lot of fun last year. Looking forward to it again this year.

Thursday the 31st, right?

I've been considering going up this Saturday the 26th, but I have Bruins tickets.
Crazy1van liked this
By venkman71
venkman30 wrote:Driving my niece around our local area in the ecto.
LOL! Where!? They always have all the good streets blocked off. My buddies and I took the Superior Ecto through there on Halloween 2002 and the crowd almost rolled the car.

No joke. Tons of car,...21 feet long the crowd swarmed and literally started rocking the Ecto. It was like something out of World War Z. A pudgy Salem cop came out of the crowd and said, "The lights and siren work on that thing?"

I was like, "Yeah!"

"Fire em' up and get the Hell outta here before they tip ya!"

Good luck!
Crazy1van liked this
By Carpeteria
venkman71 wrote: LOL! Where!? They always have all the good streets blocked off. My buddies and I took the Superior Ecto through there on Halloween 2002 and the crowd almost rolled the car.
Cops have gotten WAY more involved with Salem on Halloween since then - they're pretty much everywhere, and they are itching to shut the whole thing down as soon as the fireworks are over with. No doubt they would be all over a situation like that if it happened now.
Crazy1van liked this
By PssdffJay
venkman71 wrote:
No joke. Tons of car,...21 feet long the crowd swarmed and literally started rocking the Ecto. It was like something out of World War Z. A pudgy Salem cop came out of the crowd and said, "The lights and siren work on that thing?"

I was like, "Yeah!"

"Fire em' up and get the Hell outta here before they tip ya!"

Good luck!
I would have loved to see that! Not the tipping of the car but the "let's run some red lights" moment.
By apannos36
I'll be downtown on thursday in full gear. I work right near downtown and i'll probably bring my gear with me to work and walk from there. I'll be going in maybe this weekend and the next. If it's warm out, I'll go in my Ash (Evil Dead) costume during the weekends.
Crazy1van liked this
By Crazy1van
apannos36 wrote:I'll be downtown on thursday in full gear. I work right near downtown and i'll probably bring my gear with me to work and walk from there. I'll be going in maybe this weekend and the next. If it's warm out, I'll go in my Ash (Evil Dead) costume during the weekends.
Then it looks like we may have already met!

By apannos36
Thank you Pat. Here's me as Ash with my wife as Lara Croft:

Crazy1van liked this
By venkman71

I know exactly where you are and now all I want is shepherd's pie at The Old Spot.

.....................crap.

I hate not being in Salem during the Halloween season.
By Crazy1van
apannos36 wrote:Thank you Pat. Here's me as Ash with my wife as Lara Croft:

Pretty sure you weren't the Ash I saw at Gulu-Gulu Saturday night either then. I'll keep an eye out this Thursday.
By dalesd
Where and when are we gonna meet up Thursday?

Last year I believe we met up on Salem Common, near the gazebo. It's a good place to meet.

I remember I couldn't find parking anywhere near there. Any tips on parking on Halloween in Salem?
By Crazy1van
dalesd wrote:Where and when are we gonna meet up Thursday?

Last year I believe we met up on Salem Common, near the gazebo. It's a good place to meet.

I remember I couldn't find parking anywhere near there. Any tips on parking on Halloween in Salem?
The parking garage at Derby and Hawthorne isn't as well known as the one at the Mall, so it may not fill up as fast (it's also cheaper, IIRC).

Best tip I can give, though, is come early!

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]