For users in: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, & Wyoming.
By RoseCityBuster
I'm looking to start a franchise for the Portland Metro Area. If anyone is interested in helping, please post here and let me know. :cool:

Everyone should have a uniform at least and one piece of equipment. I'd like to form a group that will help each other make their equipment if they need it. I think it would be fun to do some local events.
By TheBigGuy
Dude, I am definitely excited about this. I'm really busy, so I'll have to feel out how much time I can devote to it, but this is like a dream come true.

I'm currently working on a new pack, but it's going slow, just with work and family and some musical pursuits. The old one I built in 2000 is very so-so, but I think it's good enough to sport until my new pack is done.

I definitely think it's worth getting as many together as possible, just to sit down for some drinks and chat about what kind of thing people might be into.
By RoseCityBuster
I'm pretty busy right now as well. I work weekends, but I'd love to get a group going. Portland seems alike the perfect town for this sort of thing as well.
I'd like to build another pack eventually. Right now mine is good enough. :-)
I'm all for a sit down if we can get the people interested. :cool:
By TheBigGuy
Does that mean you don't work during the week? I won't have to work during spring break (last week of March.) Maybe let's see if anyone else responds and try to get together then.
By RoseCityBuster
I work during the week. I should clarify: I work most saturdays. The one day I'm garunteed off is Sunday. I have saturdays off about twice a month if I'm lucky.
Spring break sounds good if we can get the interest.
By egie
I really like this idea, and maybe I could be involved in a couple years. I have a dark GB2 uniform, a matty trap, and a very amature pack. Helping each other with props sounds good and could benefit everyone. I will gladly support this my best!

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By egie
Oh, and I have ecto goggles.

By egie
Sounds awesome!

By RoseCityBuster
I'd like to plan a meet and greet for those interested in a Portland Franchise. TheBigGuy mentioned having time during the week of spring break. Would a time during that week work for everybody? How are evenings? Also where would be a good area to meet? If anyone is interested, post to this forum.
By TheBigGuy
Sorry, the last couple of weeks have just blown by and now spring break is almost over. I think we should maybe keep this thread active and wait until there are a few more names on that list before we try to meet up as a group. Though, if there was a time that worked for all of us, I guess it couldn't hurt.
By RoseCityBuster
No worries. I've had some major work issues so this was a bad week for me anyway. I hope there will be more interest for a Portland franchise. :-) keep in touch!
By TheBigGuy
I work near mall 205 area. Are you in North Portland? I'm not sure what would be in the middle. Maybe somewhere over on NE Fremont or something. Let me know what you think.
By RoseCityBuster
I'm in NW. The Pearl District. I'm not all that familiar with the east side (except near Lloyd center). Let me know if that's a possibility. There's a mcmenamins pub around there I think.
By TheBigGuy
I'm in for McMenamins near Lloyd Center! Does 12:30 work for you?

McMenamins on Broadway
1504 N.E. Broadway
Portland, OR 97232
By TheBigGuy
I sent an email to ecto1fan, as I'm not sure if he's following this new thread or not. I also sent a message to another guy on FB. That first FB contact I mentioned a couple weeks ago never got back to me.

If figure, worst case scenario, at least you and I can meet and chat about stuff and if others show up that's great.

If no one else responds and you feel it's not worth meeting with just the two of us, let me know. I just figure it can't hurt.
By TheBigGuy
BTW - If you are someone new to this thread, feel free to join us for a meet & greet lunch this Friday. Location and time info is above.
By RoseCityBuster
I'm totally down with meeting. My cousin can't make it otherwise he'd come by. I'm excited by the prospect of a Portland group!
By TheBigGuy
Alright everyone, RoseCityBuster and I had a great conversation about Ghostbusters over lunch today. Looking forward to finding more ghostheads in the Portland area in the future!
By RoseCityBuster
I think it was a productive meeting. And the feast did not represent the last of the petty cash so we're in good shape. I hope to hear from all of the NW ghostheads. But I think we've got a good foundation for a franchise once we get more interest. :-)
By TheBigGuy
RoseCityBuster wrote: And the feast did not represent the last of the petty cash so we're in good shape.
There needs to be a "like" button on here. :-)
By Ecto-1 fan
I've been watching here guys. Hope to join up sometime, I just don't have a lot of "free" time around this part of the year. But I will get a chance to meet y'all.
By TheBigGuy
Ecto-1 fan wrote:I've been watching here guys. Hope to join up sometime, I just don't have a lot of "free" time around this part of the year. But I will get a chance to meet y'all.
That's no problem! We're not in a big hurry to make something happen. It was definitely nice to sit face to face with another fan. I'm sure we'll all have a good reason to get together in the future, and I bet there are others out there that just don't know they need us yet. :-)
By RoseCityBuster
I had a great time. And I can't wait to meet more like minded people. But as The Big Guy said, we're in no hurry. I think we've got a good foundation for a franchise. And ofcourse the most important thing is we all have fun!
By egie
This is going great, keep it up for portland's sake, we will soon have a ghost free community! No, but keep it up! Cant wait for a local franchise!

By evallded
seems I was late for this party:(

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]