Have you accumulated a huge Ghostbusters Collection? Talk about what you have and show it off!
Hey, has anybody ever customized the Super Fright Features Egon figure into the outfit he wears in X-mas Marks the Spot?

I mean, they're similar but it could still be nudged more.

I nabbed some pics of broken figures off eBay and made a quick mockup...

It's the body of the SFF Egon with the helmet bubble of SFF Winston, plus a regular Egon head since the one under the SFF helmet won't work.

Sculpt on the headset and a few other details, slap the right color scheme on it, and voila.

It's too simple NOT to have been conceived and executed yet, so who's done one?

Alex
That's pretty spot on Alex, I never noticed how close those were. I've got some bits since I bashed some SFF for another project. I might have to give it a go. Another one for the list anyway ;)
Very cool Alex, those Super Fright Featured have to be the loneliest Ghostbusters set out there, I always felt that they were wearing containment unit outfits. I still believe this set has a quirky retro appeal.

I'll be directing Little Shop of Horrors in October (I've acted in it three times since 1989) so I've been dragging my Audrey II collection out of storage.

Whenever my son watches Little Shop, he calls Seymour "Louis" and Arthur Denton "Peter Venkman", so this pic was only logical.

"Hey Janine, I brought you a present!"

Alex
Sutton621 liked this
Okay, way back in September of 2011, Jimmy Miller had this to say on the previous page...
Jimmy Miller wrote:I was thinking if I used the Hector Hammond Figure from Green Lantern series for parts I could use his torso for a figure. Hectors over large head is perfect for a demon head to use on a Slime Blower Ray body. Just ad a little epoxy putty on the head for stub horns and paint and your done. The head snaps on a peg just like the GB figures.
Now, I must have subconsciously buried that idea. But the other day I was looking for certain Batman Movie Masters figures that have potential as Ghostbusters customs, and while searching for Movie Masters on eBay, I got an accidental hit for the Green Lantern figures.

I saw the Hector Hammond and thought, hey, he might make a good courtroom Louis. I then did a Google Search for "hector hammond louis tully" and it brought me to... my own thread. LOL

Anyway, it felt like a positive omen, so I went ahead and bought the HH figure, but he's super tiny!

In this pic you can see how the neck posts aren't even the same size.

I still think there's some potential here for a Courtroom Louis and a possessed Ray, though. It will just take more work than originally anticipated. I think I even have an extra Slimeblower body in a parts bin somewhere.

Alex
Alex, you are a little slow on your reply. I finished him over two years ago! I sanded his double chin off, used epoxy putty to make the horns, and repainted the face to make him look ill like he was in the movie. I had to drill the peg hole a little larger so that it would fit over the peg of the slime blower body. Thanks for remembering me Alex and good luck on your build. Can't wait to see pictures.

Sutton621, Heroic35, Daniel liked this
So it's 2014 and I *still* have not started cutting up the RGB figures to make that 'ECU suit' Egon from the X-mas Marks the Spot episode.

But last month I found those figures in a colder area and noticed the color-change on the Slimed Egon had reactivated. Plus, I was never happy with some of the changes they made to his deco, so I found a loose regular Egon on eBay and bought it.

The facial differences between the two Egons on the left are subtle, but I just like the older face better. I do kinda like the different position of the eyebrows on the later one, but overall I have to go with the original.

So here's a new mockup of how they might look whenever I do get around to hacking them apart and recombining them.

Then it will be time for some tweaks to the sculpt, then paint.

Alex
Heroic35, Kingpin liked this
I plan to eventually re-take this pic if I ever get a firehouse that doesn't have a huge chunk out of the corner. But consider this the test version.

I was already thinking of doing this, and then pics of a very similar eBay Stay-Puft diorama began making the rounds.

I started not to even bother, but I'd already dug out almost everything except my Diamond Select 2009 Stay-Puft bank by that point, so I went ahead and finished it.

The police cars and tiny GB figures are from Johnny Lightning. The taxi is a Matchbox checker cab by Mattel. All from 2003.

I substituted the Hot Wheels Ecto-1 since it always bugged me that the Johnny Lightning set had the 1989 GB2 Ecto-1A in front of a photo showing the 1984 GB1 Mr. Stay-Puft.

Alex
Daniel liked this
New pic for my photo series on the Cross the Streams Facebook page, #MidWeekMattyMatters.

Here's everything that was done in-camera...

And here it is with a retouched frame grab added behind it.

Ray is the only figure unmodified. Egon's labcoat was spray-painted white (did that ages ago), Peter got a custom sweater made from felt and 'stitch witch', and charcoal-flightsuit Winston got a temporary headswap with the Slimeblower Winston.

The toaster is a dollhouse accessory from Hobby Lobby. Its cord is a black twist-tie that I found in the kitchen drawer.

The billiard balls came from a Dollar General pool set that I originally bought for my Muppet collection.

The pool cues are bamboo skewers that I cut down.

The 'table' is a piece of green felt folded over a DVD case, stacked on top of other DVD cases. I think What About Bob is on top and Ghostbusters is on the bottom.

Their heights weren't quite right, so Egon, Ray, and Winston are all on top of whatever junk was lying around to get them looking right through the camera's lens. I think Egon's on a piece of junk mail, Ray is on cardboard, and Winston, the shortest, is on a pack of pencils.

I thought about painting out Winston's pack but decided to leave it on.

Alex
I recently rearranged some shelves into a Ghostbusters display area. Here are some closeups of each shelf.

It's a nice mix of all aspects of GB fandom, I think.

The Ertl diecast Ecto once tumbled off a ledge about this same height (roughly six feet) and smashed up the back blue lightbar.

The Funko Pop! figure of Ray Stantz was purchased in New York City, at a comic book shop just a couple of doors down from where they filmed the exterior for Ray's Occult Books.

I think the old Kenner Play-Doh Ectomobile goes great with the MiniMates.

All of my Extreme GB toys were donated by my friend John, when he was thinning out his toy collection.

At one time, the Fuji Ectomobile was the item I'd spent the most on for my collection. I impulsively paid $100 for it in the mid 1990's... only to find another a year later in a flea market for fifty cents. So, if you ever hear me talk about being proud of getting an item for a super low-price, this was probably the hard-learned lesson that makes me shop so frugally today.

'Citizen Ghost' display required a bunch of extra Venkmans in the khaki flightsuit when he showed up on markdown at Big Lots.

Ecto-Glow figures are still MOC because I never saw them in stores, didn't know they existed until a few years later when I saw them listed in an Indiana-based toy seller's catalogue to which I subscribed. (Jeff Freeman's Falcon's Hanger - sic) I think I bought them for about $15 or $20 each in the 90's, and it was such a HUGE price to pay, I couldn't bring myself to damage their cards.

Oh, and the coin on the shelf in front is from the 1964 World's Fair in Flushing Meadows. Who else would collect a prop from a deleted scene?

I bought a bunch of custom pieces to modify the LEGO Ecto set. I'd forgotten about buying the LEGO Statue of Liberty minifig a few years ago, found her in a box, put her with the GB's.

NECA figures display well with a Venky Gozer temple door.

X-men Statue of Liberty playsets by Toy Biz serve as a backdrop for Matty GB2 dolls.

I had this one-sheet signed by Dan Aykroyd back in January, but have never photographed it until now. It's been in its travel tube ever since.

Alex
By Fritz
I think the old Kenner Play-Doh Ectomobile goes great with the MiniMates.
The ECTO-1 and ECTO-1A model kits are actually fairly close to "in-scale" with the Minimates:

Oh, and the coin on the shelf in front is from the 1964 World's Fair in Flushing Meadows. Who else would collect a prop from a deleted scene?
I love that scene. If there's one scene that should have been in the movies that wasn't...

All looking great, Alex. Man, I really need to drag my stuff out of it's boxes and photograph more of it.
Alex Newborn liked this
Here's a closer pic from a couple of weeks ago of my 'upgraded' LEGO Ghostbusters.

Their packs/PKE meter/goggles came from one website, the traps came from another, the arms with tampo-printed GB logo came from a third, but for some unknown reason you have to buy right AND left arms, you can't get just the rights.

Oh, and "Slimer" is a repurposed Rotta the Hutt. I also bought a trio of glow-in-the-dark 'bedsheet' style ghosts from the Monster Fighters sets put out a year or two ago.

~~~

Fritz, here's are some better pics of my souvenir coin.

ImageImage

Wish I had better reference images to see if they bothered to get an actual one for the film.

Alex

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]