For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By Zharthaddeus
Morning fellow busters'!
How many of you are going to Grand Rapids Comic Con?
TheWebMonkey liked this
By Tyko
I wish. When is it?
By Zharthaddeus
October 21-23. (Fri.-Sun)
By Tyko
That would be fun. I'll see if I can talk the ol lady into it.
By Zharthaddeus
It appears, thus far, they'll be a number of us there. That'll be
great!
Make sure to book accommodations if need be.

http://www.grcomiccon.com/hotels/

http://www.grcomiccon.com/schedule/

http://www.grcomiccon.com/hours/
TheWebMonkey liked this
By gpghosts
very cool
By Zharthaddeus
Grand Rapids Comic-Con
Oct 20 - Oct 22 · Grand Rapids

It'll be here sooner than you think!
Hooligan404 liked this
By theorize
Any south-east Michigan people active? My name patch arrived today, rest arrives tomorrow/Saturday except for the spirit proton pack... so I've almost got my suit finished more or less.
deadderek liked this
By Tyko
Hooligan404 wrote:If you're on Facebook, the Great Lakes Ghostbusters Coalition has a page you can contact that tries to help aggregate GB related efforts in Michigan. https://www.facebook.com/GLGCMichigan/
What about those few of us who refuse to use social media? Lol....but seriously. I'm in Lansing, should have a pack ready for Halloween. I see the k-zoo guys up here sometimes but don't think there's an actual local group.
By Hooligan404
No social media... I know, right? I said the same thing, but to my knowledge no one has setup anything for the GLGC other than on Facebook. That's the problem with Facebook is that it makes some things so easy that no one tries to do anything outside of it once you're there. But I digress... There IS a Lansing group! In fact, it's the Lansing group that has the new movie replica car, and it looks fantastic. BTW, I'm Tom from the Kalamazoo group. I'll see if I can find a local-ish contact for you.
By Tyko
That would be great! I met you guys during the Ernie Hudson signing a couple years ago. You all seemed like an awesome group if only you weren't an hour away :(
By Hooligan404
That was a pretty fun event, and it's always great to meet up with fellow ghostheads, and Ernie Hudson as well. ;-) Ryan Holmes is our contact in the Lansing group. You can email him at RyanxArt at gmail.com. We've traveled to Lansing a few times and all over the state. That's why the GLGC was formed so local events could be posted state-wide and any GB that's available that day could make a day-trip of it, help with the local event and hang out with fellow GB fans. Traveling such distances isn't something you'd want to do frequently (or maybe you do), but at least the option and opportunity to attend and assist is out there. Getting out and going someplace new is fun and it makes it easier when you know you'll be with friends. Around Halloween there are more event opportunities than ever. Hopefully we'll see you at an event soon!
By Tyko
Awesome! Thanks for everything, Hooligan! See you on the road :)
Hooligan404 liked this
By theorize
Actually I messaged the page a few days ago and never got a response :( Part of why I asked on here. Right now tonight is sewing the two patches onto the suit and the leg hose attachment... after that I'm just waiting on the spirit pack. Might print a PKE Meter later, but I'm out of funds for supplies at the moment... and out of filament.
By Tyko
Sorry about that, Theorize. I became my daughter and made it all about me lol. I'm going tonight to grab my son's spirit pack! What city are you in/near?
By Hooligan404
Theorize, I sent a message to the GLGC guys that monitor the Facebook page. I know the two main guys are currently heavily occupied with Ecto/vehicle problems. At least one is now. Maybe the other is less occupied and is able to check back into the social feed. Regardless, I sent them a message to let them know we have a fellow ghosthead to follow up with. If you've not heard back in a day or two, let me know either via this thread or a message to Kalamazoo Ghostbusters. Hopefully we can get you plugged into the system to start spreading and sharing our collective GB love. ;-)
Tyko liked this
By Tyko
Looking good man! Those Matty goggles?
By theorize
They are cheap welding goggles from Amazon, three parts from a hardware store, some spraypaint, and stickers I printed at home.
By Tyko
Bravo! You nailed the hardest lesson of any ghosthead...MAKE IT WORK! Lol
By theorize
Believe me, after spending about 4 years trying to get approved, and failing, by the Mandalorian Mercs... making things work is something I'm good at. Have to give up on trying to join them at this point, boots are holding me up and I can't afford to drop the money on a new pair that will be safe/comfortable enough for my health + meet their look standards. I do have some steel toed doc martens for the Ghostbusters suit though, which should work well :) This is being one of my cheaper costume builds LOL
Tyko liked this
By theorize
Tyko wrote:Sorry about that, Theorize. I became my daughter and made it all about me lol. I'm going tonight to grab my son's spirit pack! What city are you in/near?
Realized I never responded to this! So sorry. Monroe. Very south-east.
By Tyko
Spirit Halloween. In Lansing on West Saginaw has a proton pack in stock right now. I'm here and already bought one.
By jo r
I rec'd an email stating that the pack I ordered 9/4 shipped today- when I click on the tracking number, it states that the shipping label has been created for FedEx pickup. So...another step closer!
Hooligan404, Grimmy GB liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]