Mine weren't a great fit at first, so I did what I've done with any shoe and tried to break it in I wore them around the house occasionally and under my jeans at school (a lot of walking around campus) a couple times. I tried a few different pairs of socks and also applied a few coats of mink oil to them to waterproof them and soften up the leather a bit.

They were still a little iffy (albeit much better) by the time I marched in the Boston parade, but after that parade they've been super comfortable.

You've got to realize that these boots are 100% leather construction. Leather is tough stuff. It takes a little while and some effort to wear them in, unlike imitation leather or something with only partial leather construction. This also means that they require a bit of maintenance every now and again like applying waterproofing or a leather treatment product to them every so often.
For future reference, here's a printable chart that can be used to measure your feet for Corcoran jump boots.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-117 ... annock.pdf

Print the chart (and make sure that it's not scaled; 1 inch on the chart must measure 1 inch on a ruler) then measure your foot. That way you won't have to guess if your brand-new, expensive leather boots will fit you when you get them. :P
I used one of those foot devices i found at a local Belk, my toe came up RIGHT to 11, but when I tried on an 11 boot it was way to big, but 10.5 wide felt great, so thats what I went with. Excellent Source Filandrius!!
I'm just using generic combat boots. They fit good and they are comfortable.
I went with the Corcoran 10" Jump Boots. I actually just got them delivered today. They're nice n' shiny..... I need to take care of that problem, ASAFP.

I may need to either wear 2 pair of socks or get some inserts because the heels rub a little. Perhaps this will go away on its own as they're broken in. Any suggestions?

Places with a pharmacy (Walmart, Walgreens, etc) will typically carry heel padding in with their wrist braces, etc. It's a simple sling that you slip on around your foot, with the top strap going over your ankle and your entire heel being covered.

Your best bet would probably be Walgreens, though; I haven't seen them at Walmart for a while.
I won brand new Corcoran 1500 jump boots on ebay for $45.00 bucks in an auction. Just took 'em to a leather shop today to have the heavy duty aluminum zippers installed. Only cost me $30 bucks. Guess I'll have to post a pic when I get them back next week.
By T16skyhopp
Sorry to bump. Forum search for laces led me here.

Just got corcoran 995s (they are great!). I can lace them up to the top (barely) but not even close when jumpsuit is tucked in. Not sure if those 84" laces linked here will be enough. I was looking for 96" but can't find them locally. Do sport shops and stuff carry the paracord? Do I have to do anything after cutting it, or can I get lace caps somewhere? That seems to be the best solution as I can customize the length.

Also, any tips for a more casual way to keep them in shape and polished? I know worn is more accurate but I want these to last a long time and will be wearing them often. Don't want a constant spit shine or anything, just some casual care tips as I've never owned a nice leather boot.

Thanks!
T16skyhopp wrote: Also, any tips for a more casual way to keep them in shape and polished? I know worn is more accurate but I want these to last a long time and will be wearing them often. Don't want a constant spit shine or anything, just some casual care tips as I've never owned a nice leather boot.

Thanks!
i love polishing my shoes, i routinely polished all my black leather shoes on sundays.

get some decent black shoe polish from the puck sized can not the gel stuff, an old sock to apply it, another old sock to buff it off, and a shoe brush to get into cracks you cant get by buffing (even an old tooth brush will do/compliment the shoe brush). you'll be set for life.

with the price of the 995's; when i get my own pair, they'll always stay in beautiful shape.
By BCarn
T16skyhopp wrote:Sorry to bump. Forum search for laces led me here.

Just got corcoran 995s (they are great!). I can lace them up to the top (barely) but not even close when jumpsuit is tucked in. Not sure if those 84" laces linked here will be enough. I was looking for 96" but can't find them locally. Do sport shops and stuff carry the paracord? Do I have to do anything after cutting it, or can I get lace caps somewhere? That seems to be the best solution as I can customize the length.

Also, any tips for a more casual way to keep them in shape and polished? I know worn is more accurate but I want these to last a long time and will be wearing them often. Don't want a constant spit shine or anything, just some casual care tips as I've never owned a nice leather boot.

Thanks!
Your best bet for finding paracord would be at an Army surplus shop. 100 feet will run you about $10. Once you cut the ends, hit them with a lighter until it melts a little bit, and you can forget about frays.
By Filandrius
Vincenzo330 wrote:
parksdesign wrote:I won brand new Corcoran 1500 jump boots on ebay for $45.00 bucks in an auction. Just took 'em to a leather shop today to have the heavy duty aluminum zippers installed. Only cost me $30 bucks. Guess I'll have to post a pic when I get them back next week.
Let's see those pics, dude!
He posted them in his uni thread. ;)

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =4&t=26667
By Gareee
I picked up a pair of generic side zip military boots from Kmart of all places a month or so ago. $39.99, and they had buy one get 50% a second pair.

They don't look quite as nice as Cors, but they are way better than what I had before, and I love having the side zippers.

If yer on a budget, they are a great alternative.
By jezza
Just received a pair of Corcoran 995's from Forest Park Army Navy. Paid $99. Got 'em in five days.

The manufacturer suggests sizing down, implying the boots run large (most boots do). I agree, despite the contradictory statements I've read here. I wear 10.5 or 11 medium in most shoes; I bought a 10.5, but could probably wear a 10 comfortably.

Gareee wrote:I picked up a pair of generic side zip military boots from Kmart of all places a month or so ago. $39.99, and they had buy one get 50% a second pair.

They don't look quite as nice as Cors, but they are way better than what I had before, and I love having the side zippers.

If yer on a budget, they are a great alternative.
Went to KMart today looking for these and found them.
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1010 ... ockType=G4
They only had 12 and after trying them I am sure I needed a 13 so I ordered a pair with expedited shipping. Hopefully they arrive by the 26th as stated. For those folks with less enormous feet be sure to go checkout your local Kmart as they are on sale until tomorrow.
jezza wrote:The manufacturer suggests sizing down, implying the boots run large (most boots do). I agree, despite the contradictory statements I've read here. I wear 10.5 or 11 medium in most shoes; I bought a 10.5, but could probably wear a 10 comfortably.
Hmm. I'm typically an 11 shoe. I was going to get 11W 995s. So you're saying I should go with 10.5W instead? I'm glad I saw this post...
By jezza
I used to sell shoes years ago and consider myself educated in how to properly fit footware. Having said that, keep in mind comfort is still subjective; some people like a loose fit, some like it snug.

I wear a 10M in boots, a 10.5M dress shoe, and an 11M in runners. I find the 10.5M 995s run a little big, and even after wearing two pairs of (thin) socks I still experienced a bit of heel slip. It could be the heel is wide in general, but I've ordered a 10M to compare.

I suspect the reports that the boots run small is due to a snug fit across the calf, which these boots do indeed provide.
By jezza
The second pair, size 10M, arrived today. They're a much better fit.

Again, I would recommend ordering half to one full size down, as per the manufacturer.
I love those Corcoran 995's.. they are some damn comfy boots right there.... ESPECIALLY in fully loaded gear... it does not get any more comfy
By Higgs1
hmmm I'm thinking about picking up a pair of these too, think i can get away with wearing these more than just with my suit? IE with winter coming up, any way I can get away with these as winter boots? Or under dress pants for work lol
slave1pilot wrote:since the real Carolina's are hard to come by, I may opt for the Corocorans myself.
I still have my jump boots from 20 years ago , but they are kinda special to me so i don't think I'll troop them.
as luck would have it, ebay came through today
Size 8.5 for me ($45 shipped);
and a size 10.5 for my coworker($30 shipped)

I know the soles aren't smooth, but they are real Carolina's and that's good enough for us.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]