Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By RealGhostbusterJay
I spoke to Mike some weeks ago. He says mine should be shipped in December. Hopefully there's no issues as I'd hate to see his last few full commissions be over shadowed by issues from customers but also see why he's done making full packs and only selling parts these days. I can't say I'm ok waiting a year for a fully paid for pack. I know he has a wedding coming up but even so I'd like to think most have been patient with him. The other thing is if he's getting reviews from Yes Have Some Podcast and Ghostheads then I'd hope he'd be somewhat cognizant of that and want to make sure he wasn't making those folks or productions looked at as unfavorable. If you haven't heard anything by November maybe drop him a line again and simply be direct with what the hold up is. If there seems to be issues then you might need to use the Paypal refund term which does have an expiry date but for items like this where there are payment plans or special circumstances then you might have some support there. Hopefully things are just busy. I'm not going to get hosed on another pack regardless of who's making it.
By RealGhostbusterJay
Well bit of an update.

My pack was supposed to ship in December and things had been on schedule however I got a message the other day saying it might be late due to childcare issues with having kids home and not being able to go to the shop due to COVID and kids staying home. haven't responded as of yet. I'm hopeful were not looking at more then a month. With this pandemic it isn't really fair to compare it to the previous years where frankly put if personal stuff starts to come up it's usually a sign the project is not going to get done or not going to be what was promised. I do have to give him some type of date however as PP buyer help only exists for so long and that's not something I can just hope works out with an investment such as this. I'm hopeful that despite the lack of shop time he can get it shipped shortly as it was only 2 years ago I got my first pack after a mess of issues and having to have it basically rebuilt. Anyone else have updates?
By J. McFly
I received my pack end of Nov and the wand just arrived a few days ago. Mike ended up not charging me for shipping since the process took much longer than expected. I'm happy with the way the pack turned out. Everything is as described and up to par with my expectations. You definitely need to check in regularly with him to make sure things are still progressing but you will be happy with it once he's done.
By RealGhostbusterJay
He had said that my pack would ship January. I dropped him a line last week and then Thursday this week and still haven't heard anything. I'm hoping it's because he's in the shop trying to get these orders done but I'd feel better if he would at least respond to the message. I will update again next week and if he hasn't replied I'll have to start looking at PP protection sadly I think. It would suck if he's dealing with family being ill and what not but with no updates it's hard to sympathize. Hope he and his family are alright.
By Kingpin
We've only just reached the end of the first full week of January, it could be some personal business has arisen that's called his attention away from answering correspondence.

Hopefully you'll hear from him soon.
By RealGhostbusterJay
Understandable. I'm just keeping people appraised. Life is busy for many right now. I'm trying to get some repairs done on my first pack which was a horrid experience so I can keep myself busy till then.
By RealGhostbusterJay
He dropped me a line and it looks as if he says it should be good to ship at months end. I'll update then.
By RealGhostbusterJay
Bit of an update. The pack did arrive but there have been some complications and I will wait to post a more in depth review once those are fixed however in short there were some issues with the pack and I'm still paying to have those fixed but Mike has agreed to take care of some other issues the wand had once it's sent back.
Decided to read up on some of these threads since I commissioned a pack from Mike in March 2021. I have limited space in my condo so i cant really craft or paint in this place. Still waiting on it, but he mentioned he was busy renovating his shop as well as preparing other orders as well. He tells me my pack should ship before the end of this month (January 2022). Really hoping there are no issues with delivery, especially any on route damages some people here have mentioned when getting theirs.

I have noticed that someone mentioned that they had to ask, multiple times, for requests, ie. Photos, updates, ect. I have noticed that myself, but i don't really mind, so long as the pack arrives in good condition and looks accurate to what is promised, i will leave positive feedback for the whole experience.
By obiwanjabroni
I’m still awaiting a full commissioned pack that I finished paying for in March 2020. Initial order date and first payment were Sept 2019.

I also paid a $165USD shipping charge on Dec 1st for the pack shipment (minus the wand), but still have not seen anything touch down. The label that was created on December 6th still says “your package is on its way to a USPS facility”. To put this into perspective, I ordered a wand tip flash bulb from another user in the UK Dec 31st, and it arrived January 24th without issue.

In the time that I ordered the commission, I’ve built out a number of packs. If you go back a page, you can see the shell and mobo that I ordered from Mike for one of those builds. The shell was fantastic quality and very solid, which had me looking forward to receiving the commission. They showed up without any problems, or delays, but the commission sitting since March 2020…man, we’re coming up on the 2 year mark...

I know that Mike sold off his molds and was getting out of building Ghostbusters props. Hopefully these are all done…
Whodoesyourtaxes wrote: January 24th, 2022, 11:42 am Decided to read up on some of these threads since I commissioned a pack from Mike in March 2021. I have limited space in my condo so i cant really craft or paint in this place. Still waiting on it, but he mentioned he was busy renovating his shop as well as preparing other orders as well. He tells me my pack should ship before the end of this month (January 2022). Really hoping there are no issues with delivery, especially any on route damages some people here have mentioned when getting theirs.

I have noticed that someone mentioned that they had to ask, multiple times, for requests, ie. Photos, updates, ect. I have noticed that myself, but i don't really mind, so long as the pack arrives in good condition and looks accurate to what is promised, i will leave positive feedback for the whole experience.
Has he updated you with anything? I basically had to get my pack repaired and send the wand back which was pretty trashed upon arrival, stripped screws, sounds not working, cracks. Needed a whole new frame, chips out of the shell. Thankfully friends and folks I know from the Afterlife production here helped get the pack fixed but the wand had to be shipped back. He's told me several times since I shipped it back last summer that its been done but can't ship it because someone else owes him money so he needs that to ship it to me or the cost of inflation is too high (it cost me under 70 CDN to ship there...this isn't hundreds of dollars) and pretty sure the US isn't the only inflation amped country right now because I already have to pay more for anything that comes from the states. While he sent me a picture of a sealed box that I'm hoping contains the wand all repaired, he still hasn't sent it. That's just a wand, not a whole pack but if he's sold his molds...I'm hoping he's at least kept the ones needed for both your pack and ObiWanJabroni's.

I like Mike he's a nice guy and he was sure top of the game for a while but it's probably best he's out of the pack business as the fact that I had to pay for a total new frame, repairs for the shell and electronics not to mention the cost of driving the pack 4 hours away to drop off and pick up once repairs were done was not great for the gas budget. Add to that the cost to ship the wand back and still waiting for it. I would really advise you to be sure that when your pack comes you do a good once over on it, All the repairs I had to make were out of my pocket on top of the added CDN cost to buying the pack. I believe he will ship the packs...but I couldn't tell you when or if he'll be able to afford to ship them if my wand is anything to compare sadly.

This is the second pack I've had issues with and frankly I was ready to just drop the GB hobby after this but with the pack being brought up to spec as long as the wand is correct upon arrival and a Haslab pack coming my way I've come to ok terms with it...but I still am somewhat cautious of the delivery date and condition the wand will be in.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: January 28th, 2022, 7:18 am
Whodoesyourtaxes wrote: January 24th, 2022, 11:42 am Decided to read up on some of these threads since I commissioned a pack from Mike in March 2021. I have limited space in my condo so i cant really craft or paint in this place. Still waiting on it, but he mentioned he was busy renovating his shop as well as preparing other orders as well. He tells me my pack should ship before the end of this month (January 2022). Really hoping there are no issues with delivery, especially any on route damages some people here have mentioned when getting theirs.

Has he updated you with anything? I basically had to get my pack repaired and send the wand back which was pretty trashed upon arrival, stripped screws, sounds not working, cracks. Needed a whole new frame, chips out of the shell. Thankfully friends and folks I know from the Afterlife production here helped get the pack fixed but the wand had to be shipped back. He's told me several times since I shipped it back last summer that its been done but can't ship it because someone else owes him money so he needs that to ship it to me or the cost of inflation is too high (it cost me under 70 CDN to ship there...this isn't hundreds of dollars) and pretty sure the US isn't the only inflation amped country right now because I already have to pay more for anything that comes from the states. While he sent me a picture of a sealed box that I'm hoping contains the wand all repaired, he still hasn't sent it. That's just a wand, not a whole pack but if he's sold his molds...I'm hoping he's at least kept the ones needed for both your pack and ObiWanJabroni's.

I like Mike he's a nice guy and he was sure top of the game for a while but it's probably best he's out of the pack business as the fact that I had to pay for a total new frame, repairs for the shell and electronics not to mention the cost of driving the pack 4 hours away to drop off and pick up once repairs were done was not great for the gas budget. Add to that the cost to ship the wand back and still waiting for it. I would really advise you to be sure that when your pack comes you do a good once over on it, All the repairs I had to make were out of my pocket on top of the added CDN cost to buying the pack. I believe he will ship the packs...but I couldn't tell you when or if he'll be able to afford to ship them if my wand is anything to compare sadly.

This is the second pack I've had issues with and frankly I was ready to just drop the GB hobby after this but with the pack being brought up to spec as long as the wand is correct upon arrival and a Haslab pack coming my way I've come to ok terms with it...but I still am somewhat cautious of the delivery date and condition the wand will be in.
I made my last payment on tuesday 22nd on February 2022. I still owed a bit of money so i understand why it wasn't shipped yet. So, payment for the pack is done and Mike tells me it will ship next week, most likely, on Tuesday or Wednesday, the 1st or 2nd of March 2022. I live up in Canada as well, so I'm really hoping that there will be no damages to my pack during shipping, assuming it does ship on that time. I will most likely be paying for the shipping then. I will post a update with photos when i shows up. You mentioned it cost about 70 CAD to have it shipped for you?
By obiwanjabroni
I hate to sound like a pessimist, but I don't think your pack will be shipping next week. Hell, I'm at the 2 year mark past my final payment with nothing to show for it, except for a shipping label that was created back in December that says, "Shipping label created, USPS awaiting item". I've spoken to him multiple times and have also heard the same thing, "shipping next week"...

Kind of feels like I put $2,165 USD into a pile and set it on fire. Which is such a shame, because I've ordered other items from Mike without any issue, but here we are... I'll be honest, my patience has worn out and I don't think that's unreasonable to say.
By Whodoesyourtaxes
obiwanjabroni wrote: February 24th, 2022, 4:22 pm I hate to sound like a pessimist, but I don't think your pack will be shipping next week. Hell, I'm at the 2 year mark past my final payment with nothing to show for it, except for a shipping label that was created back in December that says, "Shipping label created, USPS awaiting item". I've spoken to him multiple times and have also heard the same thing, "shipping next week"...

Kind of feels like I put $2,165 USD into a pile and set it on fire. Which is such a shame, because I've ordered other items from Mike without any issue, but here we are... I'll be honest, my patience has worn out and I don't think that's unreasonable to say.
Ill have to wait and see. I spoke with him on the phone and he's mentioned that he has been swamped with alot of orders that he is planning on shipping soon. Some orders, he says, he has to refund because he wont be able to get them done but assures me that mine is not one of them. Again, i don't know for sure until my pack eventually shows up.
By Whodoesyourtaxes
obiwanjabroni wrote: February 24th, 2022, 4:22 pm I hate to sound like a pessimist, but I don't think your pack will be shipping next week. Hell, I'm at the 2 year mark past my final payment with nothing to show for it, except for a shipping label that was created back in December that says, "Shipping label created, USPS awaiting item". I've spoken to him multiple times and have also heard the same thing, "shipping next week"...

Also, concerning your order, i would definitely give him another call and get some answers. If a label was made almost 2 months ago, then you should try to twist his arm a bit to get a conformation.
By obiwanjabroni
I can assure you that we have been in regular contact. My point is, it seems to always be "shipping delays". If anything, what you mention above makes me suspicious that we are being told the same thing. If he did mentioned he is refunding projects, then I would hope mine would be on there.... again, we are two years on, my patience and more importantly my trust, is shot. If it can't be delivered, then it should be refunded.

I would be utterly shocked if your pack shipped next week, based on the track record with myself and what RealGhostbusterJay has mentioned. Not to mention, I have yet to see any definitive proof on mine. Trust me, I hope your pack does ship, but given current experiences, I would be very very surprised.

Anyway, this is a feedback thread for Mike. To get back on track, in the past, I have been very pleased with Mike's products and delivery, it's just such a shame that nothing has yet to be delivered on my commission. I will update, when and if it arrives, or alternatively if it is refunded. Either way, the situation needs to be fixed.
By Whodoesyourtaxes
obiwanjabroni wrote: February 24th, 2022, 8:59 pm I can assure you that we have been in regular contact. My point is, it seems to always be "shipping delays". If anything, what you mention above makes me suspicious that we are being told the same thing. If he did mentioned he is refunding projects, then I would hope mine would be on there.... again, we are two years on, my patience and more importantly my trust, is shot. If it can't be delivered, then it should be refunded.

I would be utterly shocked if your pack shipped next week, based on the track record with myself and what RealGhostbusterJay has mentioned. Not to mention, I have yet to see any definitive proof on mine. Trust me, I hope your pack does ship, but given current experiences, I would be very very surprised.

Anyway, this is a feedback thread for Mike. To get back on track, in the past, I have been very pleased with Mike's products and delivery, it's just such a shame that nothing has yet to be delivered on my commission. I will update, when and if it arrives, or alternatively if it is refunded. Either way, the situation needs to be fixed.
I hope so too. I know he has delivered with previous people before, as I have seen. Heres hoping he is planning on shipping the last few out all at once. I can't provide feedback yet since the date he has planned to ship has not come yet but when i get more updates and information, I will sing back here with feedback.
By RealGhostbusterJay
The cost for shipping was 70 roughly to send the wand BACK to him to be repaired. Not what it cost to ship it to me, Mike did pay for that out of the delay for my pack. However...having to ship the wand back, the duty from the shipping to me because it was 2 boxes, the cost of a new frame, the cost to have the shell repaired, the cost to have the electronics and money used for gas to get the pack back and forth across the province and it's still sitting here with no wand. If I had gotten a working pack that needed no repairs it would have been cheaper to simply pay shipping.

I also have been told various times that it is "shipping next week, shipping it later this week" and he's told me on the phone he's behind due to inflation (yeah? so is the rest of the world there man) and it's been excuse after excuse, he's told me the wand is fixed and showed me a picture of a taped box but again...he just needs to send the wand to me, like why keep the box?, get it off the bench and get it to the customer. Shipping it for me to him was 70 CDN so it would be that if not less for him and I just don't know if he doesn't physically have money or he's taken capital and building a new shop and a wedding and I mean I DID get my pack. It was supposed to be here in January of 2021 and it came in March almost a year now and I still don't have the wand for it.

ObiWanJabroni and yourself obviously have bigger things there but Mike has never said to me he's refunding people for anything, just it's the shop, it's the pandemic, it's inflation etc. If he's having this type of trouble sending just a wand I'm not filled with a lot of faith for anything that he hasn't physically built yet. I have plans to call him again this week as I last spoke to him in January.
By Whodoesyourtaxes
Well, its been awhile, but I finally got my proton pack from Mike. I would like to say the experience was completely flawless and for the most part, it was, however, there were a few complications. First off, the pack and the wand are beautiful and expertly crafted. Both came it great condition without issue. After getting the pack itself first, I noticed there was no activation switch. I contacted Mike about it and he told me the whole thing would be activated from the wand, once I finally got it. I get the wand a little over a week later, hook it up, but nothing works.

I inform Mike and i am told to send him some videos and pics of the boards to try and figure this out and that he would get back to me. In the meantime, I contacted NinjaTunes, who made the electronics, and send him the same photos of the boards and he tells me, right away, that the main board is missing a main activation switch and the potentiometer. So it turns out, i did need, at least, the switch, after all.

Mike still hadn't got to me, so I decided to just buy the switch, meter and wires and install them, myself. Had to drill a hole in the metal motherboard to install the power switch and decided to mod the fake crank knob into the potentiometer. After about 2 hours of that, my pack finally came to life, and works perfectly.

So the pack looks amazing, sounds amazing and feels amazing. Really great craftsmanship. It was still a bummer that I had to pay more money to finish the electronics that should have been completed already. I'm sure if anyone else, in my position, faced this issue, they would have been pretty pissed but i did enjoy bringing the pack to life myself, in sorts.

Shipping had some minor issues, invoice missing, which caused delays but other than that, it showed up in good time. All in all, I like Mike, seems like a really cool dude, and his work looks amazing, but like what some have said in this thread before, its probably best that he is retiring from pack building based off of recent feedback.
CitizenBuster liked this
By CitizenBuster
That's great you finally got your pack. It's also great you're keeping a positive outlook on it. But it's total crap you had to work on it, to make it work. I'm sure the whole reason you wanted a commissioned pack was so you didn't have to mess with building it and such.
By Whodoesyourtaxes
Yeah, that was the most annoying part. I dont mind if i have to make a few tweeks and it felt amazing when it finally turned on but i did pay the full price to have ot built. Plus i live up in Canada, so the inflation made it more expensive. I'm just glad its working now.
CitizenBuster liked this
By Whodoesyourtaxes
CitizenBuster wrote:Where's the pics of that unlicensed nuclear accelerator?
Hopefully the pic was sent with this message. Haven't shared photos here before. But, if it worked, here it is! Wonderful lights and sounds with the video game alt firing modes as well as a party mode with some nice beats!
By Whodoesyourtaxes
CitizenBuster wrote: April 1st, 2022, 3:24 pm Where's the pics of that unlicensed nuclear accelerator?
Hopefully the pic was sent with this message. Haven't shared photos here before. But, if it worked, here it is! Wonderful lights and sounds with the video game alt firing modes as well as a party mode with some nice beats! Image
By Whodoesyourtaxes
CitizenBuster wrote: April 1st, 2022, 3:24 pm Where's the pics of that unlicensed nuclear accelerator?
Hopefully the pic was sent with this message. Haven't shared photos here before. But, if it worked, here it is! Wonderful lights and sounds with the video game alt firing modes as well as a party mode with some nice beats! Image
By RealGhostbusterJay
Glad to hear you got your wand and pack and there weren't any physical damages. My own wand which had been "repaired" arrived back earlier in the month. While most of the items which had been voiced to Mike were repaired, when I got the wand back the lights in the emitter still did not turn on. There was now a stripped screw in the handle portion, the pop mech was still getting caught on the wires in the gunbox and the handle had some pieces of it come off in shipping. Also the gun box trigger box was loose as it isn't bolted on the inside of the gunbox and the cover for the trigger box didn't even have holes to screw it onto the box itself.

The damaged pieces I can glue and simply touch up with paint but I needed to once again get local help from a fellow GB who had more skills in building so after a night of him taking it all apart and having to re-screw and tack holes for new screws, adding nuts here and there and trying to address the other aspects including getting the emitter to light up and the pop mech to work smoothly. There's s till some things that have to be fixed but it's again far better then it was when it got here. Mike did address most of the things I had said on the wand didn't work but that shouldn't have taken 9 months to get done and it certainly should not have needed someone to once again take the thing apart and fix things.

As I've said Mike is an approachable guy but again as mentioned it's clear his passion isn't in the hobby anymore and he's moved onto other things. I get that but the last few of us who got kits from him all needed to have things fixed and repaired and out of our time and money. It's best he's moved onto other things. For me personally I really have no interest in keeping the pack after the issues its had the wait to get it done the way it should have been when it got here a year ago. If Mike got back into pack building which is unlikely would I buy again? No.
By CitizenBuster
I ordered a proton pack kit from him at the beginning of last November. He said it would take about a month to get it all together to ship. I emailed him in January because i hadn't heard anything. Took him a few days to reply. He said his machinist was behind cutting motherboards. Haven't heard anything since. I'm wondering how much longer i wait before i ask for a refund?
By universalcreature
I went through the same thing at the end of 2019, I think it was around December. I contacted him about purchasing a pack shell, bumper and ladder, I got the same "It should take 3-4 weeks max" Fast forward to 2020 and the pandemic hits and no messages from Mike so I contact him and he replies "It's done, just got to get it in the mail" So I'm like ok cool it'll ship by the end of the week. Nope a couple more weeks go by then I message again and received the same response then nothing. At this point I'm getting pissed and I told him if it doesn't ship by the end of the following week I want my money back. That's when I got my email kicked back to me because he shutdown the email he was using at the time and I'm like "This Motherf***er". So I file a claim with Paypal (luckily I used them) and what do you know I get a tracking number and it starts moving. I didn't close the claim until I knew it was actually what I ordered and not a spoof package (that's happened before haha) So after just over four months of heartache and many messages back and forth I received my stuff. It sucks because his stuff is really good and I'd like to order more but if I have to go through that again not a chance. Long story long, I'd just ask for my money back and see where that goes.
CitizenBuster liked this
By RealGhostbusterJay
I too was being given "it's getting mailed this week" and "I'll be sending it out next week" as far back as November for my wand. I'm not too surprised those replies were going to others as well. Again I did eventually get the wand but it did need extra repairs done locally once it came again. Like several others here living in Canada can make the costs even more so. Being that he is done with packs I doubt this will be an issue going forward but I'm not sure if there are others who are still awaiting packs and wands.
By Whodoesyourtaxes
universalcreature wrote: April 8th, 2022, 8:54 am I went through the same thing at the end of 2019, I think it was around December. I contacted him about purchasing a pack shell, bumper and ladder, I got the same "It should take 3-4 weeks max" Fast forward to 2020 and the pandemic hits and no messages from Mike so I contact him and he replies "It's done, just got to get it in the mail" So I'm like ok cool it'll ship by the end of the week. Nope a couple more weeks go by then I message again and received the same response then nothing. At this point I'm getting pissed and I told him if it doesn't ship by the end of the following week I want my money back. That's when I got my email kicked back to me because he shutdown the email he was using at the time and I'm like "This Motherf***er". So I file a claim with Paypal (luckily I used them) and what do you know I get a tracking number and it starts moving. I didn't close the claim until I knew it was actually what I ordered and not a spoof package (that's happened before haha) So after just over four months of heartache and many messages back and forth I received my stuff. It sucks because his stuff is really good and I'd like to order more but if I have to go through that again not a chance. Long story long, I'd just ask for my money back and see where that goes.
Delt with a similar issue during shipping. Said he shipped it and after a few days, no movement in transit. Just says a label was made and that's it. Called him again asking whats going on and he said he would go down and see whats happening. Later the following day, its still not moving in transit and I call him again, and a few hours later, its moving. He tells me that ups forgot to put it on there truck and now its moving. This happened again with the wand too but he assures me that it was dropped off. In both instances, there were issues with the invoice. He tells me never needed one before to ship the pack and with the wand, the invoice was fadedand they couldn't scan it. UPS tells me, however, that it simply wasn't dropped off with them. Basically it started to magically ship after I was calling him a dozen times. Im pretty sure if I wasn't on his ass, i would still be waiting for my pack.

On a slightly similar topic, he got back to me about those missing switches that it was supposed to have. Not that it matters now, but its been another two weeks, and nothing from him yet. He tells me they were delivered to the wrong address to the wrong county. (Oh my god) my pack works now since I bought my own switches, but holy... Also, sorry about the previous posts. The pics were not appearing in my messages. Heres a link to my pack.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7404183 ... 479374469/

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]