For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
By roseofsilence
So, How many NCGBs do we have on this site???

Don't disappoint me guys.
By CNC Ghostbusters
North Carolina GB fans or franchises?

1. CNCGB -
Hello, I'm Will Boyer. Well, there are at least two franchises I know of - my group, the Central North Carolina Ghostbusters (although our members have lived in King and Thomasville, we're otherwise the Winston Salem Chapter since we can't hold exclusive rights to the central portion of this state :-) ). You can check us out at the following websites, to list only a few:
MySpace Page - http://www.myspace.com/cncgb
Deviant Art Site - http://cncgb.deviantart.com
CNCGB Webcomic - http://cncgb.smackjeeves.com

2. WNCGB
The Western North Carolina Ghostbusters, coming before my group, is lead and comprised of Kyle Peterson. This is why we chose to call ourselves the Central North Carolina Ghostbusters. It just made sense. Kyle has a website but I'm not sure what it is. Otherwise his deviant art account and myspace accounts are linked up to CNCGB. On deviant art, for example, he is LonelyImmortal.

3. There are also at least 4 OTHER people in North Carolina that dress up in Flightsuits for fun with proton packs like my group and Kyle's. I don't think they've gone as far as we have and made up fan groups. Chrisakamagic - if I spelled his username correctly - is one of them. There are several more and I have not met most of them.

So, tell us about yourself? :-)
By Ray Stanz GB
welcome to the site guys. i am also from NC. I now live in Concord, NC and its good to see someone from hickory. if got a few friends in hickory. Hope you guys like the site. def should get something together for NC ghostbusters.

My dad did live in King, NC but has now moved but I def. know where that is. My fiance's family lives really close to hanes mall. In fact her father does payroll for Haynes underwear in Winson-salem.

I would love to be a part of a group. Somepeople to help me figure out how to make a proton pack. I can't follow drawings, i need hands on expeirence.

Keep in touch guys.
By CNC Ghostbusters
Ray Stanz GB wrote:welcome to the site guys. i am also from NC. I now live in Concord, NC and its good to see someone from hickory. if got a few friends in hickory. Hope you guys like the site. def should get something together for NC ghostbusters.

My dad did live in King, NC but has now moved but I def. know where that is. My fiance's family lives really close to hanes mall. In fact her father does payroll for Haynes underwear in Winson-salem.

I would love to be a part of a group. Somepeople to help me figure out how to make a proton pack. I can't follow drawings, i need hands on expeirence.

Keep in touch guys.

I agree - well, with everything, but let me be specific, ha. Proton packs - I need to be taught by doing as well. I made one out of a vaccuum cleaner but it's crap and a the cyclotron pan is held on by electrical tape. Sure, it certainly looks pieced together haphazardly like in the movies, but ... wow, it looks like crap. I can't believe most people I've met out while wearing it actually comment that it looks movie authentic! lol (Because it doesn't).

Well, my friends and I created the Central NC group as you probably read above, and there's no reason why we wouldn't be interested in expanding or compromising for other groups or new members in the central area... We're definitely open, but you might find it easier to put something together closer to Concord. That's like 2 hours away from Winston Salem, right? Anyway, that was one thing we should have thought about before claiming the whole central portion of NC as a part of our name, but oh well. :-) It's all in good fun. So, whether it's to form a group or not, it'd be cool to get as many NC buster fans together sometime...

I've got something to say about that that I'd like to share. I've been interested for some time in creating a fan film but, you know, there are always problems - actors bailing out, expenses and budget problems, bad schedules - stuff like that has happened to me. But I put out a want add for help on films within the past month and got someone who builds proton packs and is training in college to work on digital special effects for live action movies - like me as a part of my animation degree - and he seems fairly serious and enthusiastic about doing something. I figure that if we get as many like minded available people together that we can actually make something fairly decent. I'm thinking a Ghostbusters International story in which several Ghostbusters from different franchise teams are brought together during a string of seemingly unconnected events that lead up to some sort of final confrontation with a supernatural force. With that in mind, we can have well over four Ghostbusters but our supernatural villain is going to have to be the baddest of bad to have that many busters face the thing. And with enough busters it wouldn't matter necessarily if we had to replace one, which is sadly what happened for my last movie - the main actor didn't pull through for his last few shots in one room, and I had relied so heavily on him that I couldn't see making the movie with anyone else, so the project was sent to, well, Limbo indefinitely.
By Gareee
Since there hasn;t been a post by the wnc ghostbusters since 2005, I'm jumping claim to the name, at least here.
By vcm1613
I live in the NC Triad area also, I am about 90% done with my pack and I think it looks pretty good. Its my first attempt at making a replica. Although I followed all 3 plans, Stephan's, Norm's and Sean's as a guidelines for shape and dimensions, I took "frugal" and "artistic" liberties on things like fittings and hoses. To be honest, it looks great and if I had the spare $ I would have invested in Clippard and Legris parts. For now old plumbing and automotive parts will do just fine and IMHO share the spirit of that "garage-made" look from the original Movie. I hope to share some pictures of the pack soon. I would LOVE to work with some folks on pack builds. I, by no stretch of the imagination, consider myself an expert or guru on this kind of thing. However, if I had this much fun working solo, I can't imagine what working with a group would be like!

-J :cool:
By Gareee
Wherre is the NC triad area? We are in western NC, over by Cherokee.
By vcm1613
The Triad is the Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem area of NC. Your probably 2hrs from us. I think some of these other guys posting are pretty local, within 20 mins to an hour. Either way it's awesome to know other Ghostheads and prop modelers are in NC. :cool:
By Ray Stanz GB
Gareee wrote:Wherre is the NC triad area? We are in western NC, over by Cherokee.

Gareee man, don't you remember 4th grade social studies at all? it was all about NC. I'm really suprised you didn't know where the triad is. do you know where the Queen city is? or do you know what the capital is? lol just f****g with you man
By Arkais
Anyone lay claim the the Ft. Bragg area yet?
By Gareee
Not that I know of.. maybe a ENC (Eastern NC) group would make sense.. I think there are a few guys over that way in various locations as well.
By Ray Stanz GB
ENC sucks, i lived there for a very long 8 months
By Gareee
Some people told us Western NC sucked as well.. but we love it here.
By wolfraptor
Sorry everybody. I didn't see this post until after I placed mine. I'm in Waynesville, I don't have all the fancy props and other items but I'm still a fan. The only time my car comes close to looking like Ecto is when I get slime from the tree sap on it.
By Gareee
Too bad you didn't show up last week! We ended up short the driver in the maggie valley parade, and coulda used you!

Ah well... we'll have to get together one of these days, and spook up some fun.. ;)
By wolfraptor
It probably wouldn't have been a good idea for me to drive. They would have needed Ghostbusters for the Ghostbusters...
By Gareee
LOL... well, it worked out ok as it was, but it would have been better to have two walkers instead of one walker and one driver.. 8(

There's always next year!
By tsunami
NC here. I'm going to claim Raleigh area(there all the time). Even though I'm really 60 miles to the north. Maybe we'll organize something one day. My dream is to have an Ecto-1. It has to be a Caddy though. I want to get an Ecto and then we'd really have a KICKA!@#$ franchise!
By CNC Ghostbusters
Gareee wrote:Since there hasn;t been a post by the wnc ghostbusters since 2005, I'm jumping claim to the name, at least here.
Cool, man. Kyle Peterson is in the Western North Carolina Ghostbusters group (or his WNC), so you should send him a message. He's a pretty cool guy and has his own costume and proton pack. Might have some fun if you guys turn out to be in the same neighborhood. I know his deviant art and I know he's on myspace, but not sure past that. I can get back to you later if you ask me, but here's his deviantart: http://lonelyimmortal.deviantart.com/

Kyle Peterson's character and group should make appearances or be mentioned from time to time in my CNCGB comic and animated series.

I haven't met Kyle yet, but it'd be awesome if all of us Ghostheads in NC got together sometime.

~Will Boyer, CNCGB (Triad Area)
By CNC Ghostbusters
vcm1613 wrote:I live in the NC Triad area also, I am about 90% done with my pack and I think it looks pretty good. Its my first attempt at making a replica. Although I followed all 3 plans, Stephan's, Norm's and Sean's as a guidelines for shape and dimensions, I took "frugal" and "artistic" liberties on things like fittings and hoses. To be honest, it looks great and if I had the spare $ I would have invested in Clippard and Legris parts. For now old plumbing and automotive parts will do just fine and IMHO share the spirit of that "garage-made" look from the original Movie. I hope to share some pictures of the pack soon. I would LOVE to work with some folks on pack builds. I, by no stretch of the imagination, consider myself an expert or guru on this kind of thing. However, if I had this much fun working solo, I can't imagine what working with a group would be like!

-J :cool:

Hey, man, that's awesome. I'm in the Triad (Winston Salem) myself. It's been a long time since I've checked the message boards here. My team, the CNCGB, pretty much never did anything past join my group and buy flight suits, so I got discouraged and gave up the ghost for awhile. I have a flight suit, proton pack, and other props and I'm always looking to do more Ghostbusters related stuff. Would you like to join CNCGB or at least meet up sometime? You mentioned working on proton packs, and quite honestly I need to build a better one but don't have the know-how or equipment. So, yeah, I'd love to work on pack builds too. As far as working in a group goes, it'd just be me for now. My friends/team more or less is iffy on the costume thing and mostly only lend their talents (brainstorming, writing, voice acting, camera work, etc) to the creation of our online web comic and any of the live action and animated fan films we do. And you're always welcome to participate in that as well.

If you haven't checked it out yet, you can see our comic and fan film work and photos of our equipment at http://cncgb.deviantart.com .

~Will Boyer, CNCGB (Triad; Winston Salem)
By CNC Ghostbusters
tsunami wrote:NC here. I'm going to claim Raleigh area(there all the time). Even though I'm really 60 miles to the north. Maybe we'll organize something one day. My dream is to have an Ecto-1. It has to be a Caddy though. I want to get an Ecto and then we'd really have a KICKA!@#$ franchise!

Awesome, man. Raleigh isn't too awfully far away. Let me know if you ever want to organize anything.

~Will Boyer of the CNCGB (Triad Area, Winston Salem)
By Peterson
Hmm, 2005? Methinks someone has the link to my old defunct Yahoo/Geocities-based site. But the fact that I had to stop and think "geez, has it been THAT long since I posted something???" is a sign that I'm not really active at all these days. :-?

Anyhow, I'm in Western NC, the mountains. Here's my current "franchise" site: http://www.freewebs.com/wncgb/
ENC sucks, i lived there for a very long 8 months
Huh, I've not spent a lot of time there but thought it was okay when I did. I'd love to go back to Wilmington one day. If I ever get into writing again, I was going to base one of my stories (the ol' "possible apocalyptic future") there.

I was somewhat recently in Raleigh too, briefly. Anyone else from here catch the Muse/U2 show at State?

I like it here in WNC pretty good. This winter is starting to SUCK, though - but I guess a lot of places can say that!
By Gareee
Where abouts are you located? We are over in Waynesville, but have done events over in Maggie Valley, Cherokee, and Asheville.
By Peterson
Gareee wrote:Where abouts are you located? We are over in Waynesville, but have done events over in Maggie Valley, Cherokee, and Asheville.
Around Burnsville.
By Gareee
Yer not far away at all then! It would have been nice to have others around when we appeared at the asheville and Bethel corn mazes!
By vcm1613
CNC Ghostbusters wrote:Hey, man, that's awesome. I'm in the Triad (Winston Salem) myself. It's been a long time since I've checked the message boards here. My team, the CNCGB, pretty much never did anything past join my group and buy flight suits, so I got discouraged and gave up the ghost for awhile. I have a flight suit, proton pack, and other props and I'm always looking to do more Ghostbusters related stuff. Would you like to join CNCGB or at least meet up sometime? You mentioned working on proton packs, and quite honestly I need to build a better one but don't have the know-how or equipment. So, yeah, I'd love to work on pack builds too. As far as working in a group goes, it'd just be me for now. My friends/team more or less is iffy on the costume thing and mostly only lend their talents (brainstorming, writing, voice acting, camera work, etc) to the creation of our online web comic and any of the live action and animated fan films we do. And you're always welcome to participate in that as well.

If you haven't checked it out yet, you can see our comic and fan film work and photos of our equipment at http://cncgb.deviantart.com .

~Will Boyer, CNCGB (Triad; Winston Salem)

Will,

Hey man thanks for the responce. Your art work is phenominal man. I like the style of it quite alot. Kudos on that!

I actually only did the GB thing for Halloween but was really swept away by props building. Not to mention some of the completely awesome people on this forum and especially Garee and Bustinforjesus. Garee was probably my biggest inspirations as he made the packs feel achievable for the working man. Then I learned he's in my home state too!
It was probably one of the single most dedicated things I have done in a long time that didn't relate to my job. (Wait...does Homebrewing & World of Warcraft count?) It was nice to create by hand something from the movies that i would have killed for as a kid. Definately a blast from the past and Halloween night was awesome, I got so many cheers and comments from people. Sadly the the actual thrower is at about 40% completion and I have had no motivation to finish it. I tend to think this summer I will as its been to cold this winter to screw around much in the garage. If you do decide to get serious about making another pack let me know. I'd be happy to share some things with you that made my journey easier (and a lot of what made it hard!) I also think if I had the time and the money to make pack #2, I'd probably start with the thrower first and work my way to the pack.
PM me if you need any help!

-J
By Peterson
Yeah, Asheville's pretty close!

Dang...the next thing I was gonna do was dress up for "Free Comic Book Day" at Mountain Empire Comics in Johnson City the first weekend of May...but I think I'm working then!
By NCGB
Fairly new around here, only been browsing for a few days... But, I happened across an Ecto-1 in Charlotte, and the guy directed me to here and to www.carolinaghostbusters.com.

Looks like they're primarily around the Charlotte, Belmont and Gastonia area for any of us located near there. Doc Geressy is the name of the guy that heads up the group.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]