For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
By Ray Stanz GB
CNC Ghostbusters wrote:
Ray Stanz GB wrote:welcome to the site guys. i am also from NC. I now live in Concord, NC and its good to see someone from hickory. if got a few friends in hickory. Hope you guys like the site. def should get something together for NC ghostbusters.

My dad did live in King, NC but has now moved but I def. know where that is. My fiance's family lives really close to hanes mall. In fact her father does payroll for Haynes underwear in Winson-salem.

I would love to be a part of a group. Somepeople to help me figure out how to make a proton pack. I can't follow drawings, i need hands on expeirence.

Keep in touch guys.

I agree - well, with everything, but let me be specific, ha. Proton packs - I need to be taught by doing as well. I made one out of a vaccuum cleaner but it's crap and a the cyclotron pan is held on by electrical tape. Sure, it certainly looks pieced together haphazardly like in the movies, but ... wow, it looks like crap. I can't believe most people I've met out while wearing it actually comment that it looks movie authentic! lol (Because it doesn't).

Well, my friends and I created the Central NC group as you probably read above, and there's no reason why we wouldn't be interested in expanding or compromising for other groups or new members in the central area... We're definitely open, but you might find it easier to put something together closer to Concord. That's like 2 hours away from Winston Salem, right? Anyway, that was one thing we should have thought about before claiming the whole central portion of NC as a part of our name, but oh well. :-) It's all in good fun. So, whether it's to form a group or not, it'd be cool to get as many NC buster fans together sometime...

I've got something to say about that that I'd like to share. I've been interested for some time in creating a fan film but, you know, there are always problems - actors bailing out, expenses and budget problems, bad schedules - stuff like that has happened to me. But I put out a want add for help on films within the past month and got someone who builds proton packs and is training in college to work on digital special effects for live action movies - like me as a part of my animation degree - and he seems fairly serious and enthusiastic about doing something. I figure that if we get as many like minded available people together that we can actually make something fairly decent. I'm thinking a Ghostbusters International story in which several Ghostbusters from different franchise teams are brought together during a string of seemingly unconnected events that lead up to some sort of final confrontation with a supernatural force. With that in mind, we can have well over four Ghostbusters but our supernatural villain is going to have to be the baddest of bad to have that many busters face the thing. And with enough busters it wouldn't matter necessarily if we had to replace one, which is sadly what happened for my last movie - the main actor didn't pull through for his last few shots in one room, and I had relied so heavily on him that I couldn't see making the movie with anyone else, so the project was sent to, well, Limbo indefinitely.
Nah man i can get to WS in about an hour. its straight up I-85 then to Hwy 52. I despratly want to build a pack but just don't know how to get started. I'm willing to pay and build all the stuff, i would just like some in person tutorials...lol

I would love to meet up with all you guys sometime. we could meet in WS or halfway doesnt matter to me. Prolly shoot you a PM.
By CNC Ghostbusters
vcm1613 wrote:
CNC Ghostbusters wrote:Hey, man, that's awesome. I'm in the Triad (Winston Salem) myself. It's been a long time since I've checked the message boards here. My team, the CNCGB, pretty much never did anything past join my group and buy flight suits, so I got discouraged and gave up the ghost for awhile. I have a flight suit, proton pack, and other props and I'm always looking to do more Ghostbusters related stuff. Would you like to join CNCGB or at least meet up sometime? You mentioned working on proton packs, and quite honestly I need to build a better one but don't have the know-how or equipment. So, yeah, I'd love to work on pack builds too. As far as working in a group goes, it'd just be me for now. My friends/team more or less is iffy on the costume thing and mostly only lend their talents (brainstorming, writing, voice acting, camera work, etc) to the creation of our online web comic and any of the live action and animated fan films we do. And you're always welcome to participate in that as well.

If you haven't checked it out yet, you can see our comic and fan film work and photos of our equipment at http://cncgb.deviantart.com .

~Will Boyer, CNCGB (Triad; Winston Salem)

Will,

Hey man thanks for the responce. Your art work is phenominal man. I like the style of it quite alot. Kudos on that!

I actually only did the GB thing for Halloween but was really swept away by props building. Not to mention some of the completely awesome people on this forum and especially Garee and Bustinforjesus. Garee was probably my biggest inspirations as he made the packs feel achievable for the working man. Then I learned he's in my home state too!
It was probably one of the single most dedicated things I have done in a long time that didn't relate to my job. (Wait...does Homebrewing & World of Warcraft count?) It was nice to create by hand something from the movies that i would have killed for as a kid. Definately a blast from the past and Halloween night was awesome, I got so many cheers and comments from people. Sadly the the actual thrower is at about 40% completion and I have had no motivation to finish it. I tend to think this summer I will as its been to cold this winter to screw around much in the garage. If you do decide to get serious about making another pack let me know. I'd be happy to share some things with you that made my journey easier (and a lot of what made it hard!) I also think if I had the time and the money to make pack #2, I'd probably start with the thrower first and work my way to the pack.
PM me if you need any help!

-J

Love to work on a pack sometime, man. Don't know when though, my schedule has been pretty insane lately - well, on the week ends. Week days are still all too empty.
By theheatv1
Well it's cool to see that there are some ghostheads in the Raleigh area, I was starting to think I was all alone. I actually just moved to Chapel Hill from Upstate NY a few months ago taking a position as a Store Manager for Radio Shack in Durham.
By Jangonate
Sup, North Carolinians!

It's sad that I have been a part of GBFans for years and never thought to check out if there were fellow brothers and sisters in my home state with the same interest.

Currently I am living in Elon, NC, though as a United Methodist pastor that can change quite a bit. I've been a fan since birth and remember beggin' my parents for the first pack Norm made from Home Depot parts only to be turned down. As of a couple of years ago I came into possession of a proton pack in need of refurbishing and have been slowly fixing it up. To the casual observer or after a quick glance it looks perfect, but I need to replace an unevenly cut motherboard and want to add some more metal parts to make it sparkle. Not to mention I want some lights. Also, I'm awaiting one of Ghostguy's wonderful RGB PKE's. Other than collecting anything Ghostbusters and playing video games religiously, I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

That's the long and short of my propping history (if I leave out the part where I made an absolutely terrible looking pack on my own), and I am currently connected to two other propping Ghostheads, one in the Charlotte area and another in Greenville, NC. The most recent thing we did together was dress up at Best Buy for the release of Ghostbusters on Bluray and the videogame. We got 'em for free since we were sorta kinda hired. I believe I also ran into the CNC Ghostbusters at the Heroes Convention last year. Sadly I couldn't make it out there. This is getting long, so I'm going to fizzle out for now. I'll post more later! Nice to meet you guys!
By Ray Stanz GB
welcome Jangonate. My best friend graduated from Elon college. I use to go there a lot to see him.
By Jangonate
Thanks for the welcome. Just out of curiosity have any of you considered doing a meet up somewhere to get to know each other and find ways to connect for events such as Heroes Con where we can show off our GB suits and props?
By CNC Ghostbusters
Jangonate wrote:Thanks for the welcome. Just out of curiosity have any of you considered doing a meet up somewhere to get to know each other and find ways to connect for events such as Heroes Con where we can show off our GB suits and props?
Boyer of CNCGB:

First of all: Awesome that you're a Christian/pastor but can still openly be nerdy with Ghostbusters fever! I went to Bible college and stuff but sometimes some more legalistic brothers and sisters (in Christ) make you feel like being a Ghosthead is dirty or something, so always cool to find someone who takes advantage of some Christian liberty.

Second: Awesome! You met us at Heroes Con 2009 I take it? I don't think I dressed up in 2010... But, yeah, I was there with team members Gray and Phil - but they chose to only wear black GB t-shirts and khaki pants or etc. We met up with two or three other people in flight suits though and took photos for a minute.

Third: I would love to amass an army of NC Ghostheads and talk props and especially do something creative like prop building, make a fan movie or animation (I am an animator), a comic book (I am a self-published comic artist), or etc... but I have to admit that the old passion to bust has died down in the past year or so. It's just that ... the rest of my team never shared the same amount of passion that I do. They loved the GB fan-webcomic we made and religiously played the GBTVG until the red ring of death came, but simply didn't go all the way when it came to costumes and film making. We started making a film but my actors refused to return for filming and ... it just didn't work out. We still talk about finishing it sometimes and it's been almost three years. So that's kind of a downer and the obsessive fan Otaku love for Ghostbusters (I feel dirty for using the word "otaku") has fizzled. Right now I'm just hoping to get a job and end this past year of unemployment. But e-mail me at cncghostbusters@gmail.com (I don't check here often) if you want to chat. I dunno, maybe we could all get together in the future. But without money in my wallet and gas in my car I can't make it out of Winston Salem. Let me know if any of you are hiring managers or can get me hooked up, because the economy sucks and jobs are hard to get right now.

Fourth: I just wanted to end on a positive note. I have a girl now and Jesus is working in my life a lot in the past year, so who needs obsessive fandom to fill my lonely heart? lol

Seriously, I love the Ghostbusters. Just afraid no one nearby will share my geeky passion for the cosplaying aspect like before. It's not as fun to go it alone and I got sick of prop building without knowing what I was doing (Know what it's like to almost lose your finger to a 7-foot saw machine screwed into a cement floor? Trust me, you don't want to find out).

-Will Boyer, CNCGB
By GAVAL
We had a reporter gal who was in our Christmas parade who's moving up to North Carolina and was asking if there's a franchise up there.

Her name is Veronica White and she can be found on Facebook.

Might want to look her up! Tell her LAGB sent ya!

G
By CNC Ghostbusters
GAVAL wrote:We had a reporter gal who was in our Christmas parade who's moving up to North Carolina and was asking if there's a franchise up there.

Her name is Veronica White and she can be found on Facebook.

Might want to look her up! Tell her LAGB sent ya!

G

That depends on where in NC she's moved to (heads up to the other franchises that aren't in my area of the Triad). Also, you'd be surprised how difficult it is to find someone on Facebook by going just on a name. :-)
By kalgoretrout
Im on the road 24/7 and coming up thru the east coast soon from florida to new york and I was wondering if someone could build me a pack with lights and if possible sound and I could pay you in cash in person. I would build it myself but its tough when youdont have a spot where you can work on it. If so then email me please. kalgoretrout@gmail.com. thank you!
By holypaladin2819
kalgoretrout wrote:Im on the road 24/7 and coming up thru the east coast soon from florida to new york and I was wondering if someone could build me a pack with lights and if possible sound and I could pay you in cash in person. I would build it myself but its tough when youdont have a spot where you can work on it. If so then email me please. kalgoretrout@gmail.com. thank you!
I have a great one for ya but it doesn't really have any lights it doesn't really need em cos it glows. we retrieved it from the nuclear fault line about 90 miles south of Osaka. someone just left it there. unfortunately the only sound that it emits are the notes to "Madame Butterfly" as it is very Japanese in nature. its only slightly radioactive so you can only carry it with you part of the time, when not in use it should be kept in the lead bag that came with it. you have to discard it after it's first half-life (about three years) otherwise you're liable to have an arm start growing out of your neck and your first child will be born with three eyes.
By holypaladin2819
holypaladin2819 wrote:
kalgoretrout wrote:Im on the road 24/7 and coming up thru the east coast soon from florida to new york and I was wondering if someone could build me a pack with lights and if possible sound and I could pay you in cash in person. I would build it myself but its tough when youdont have a spot where you can work on it. If so then email me please. kalgoretrout@gmail.com. thank you!
I have a great one for ya but it doesn't really have any lights it doesn't really need em cos it glows. we retrieved it from the nuclear fault line about 90 miles south of Osaka. someone just left it there. unfortunately the only sound that it emits are the notes to "Madame Butterfly" as it is very Japanese in nature. its only slightly radioactive so you can only carry it with you part of the time, when not in use it should be kept in the lead bag that came with it. you have to discard it after it's first half-life (about three years) otherwise you're liable to have an arm start growing out of your neck and your first child will be born with three eyes.
I have a great idea for a franchise...ROACH BUSTERS!!...everyone dress up in one of those costumes from the movie trying to look like Bill Murray Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis (but not the black one) and but the silver back pack is filled with roach poison and you run around squirting up the place and killing bugs and termites...it would be entertaining like a show and it would rid the customer of common household pests...
By corruptparadise
I'm Originally from NC, (Chapel Hill) and Support any and ALL NC related Ghostbustings, Unfortunately I dont know if or when I'll ever be back in the area. I'm on indef free agent status.
By acaulder
I live in Wilmington and my young son has become a huge GB fan. I've agreed to a GB themed party for his 6th bday on 4/30/11. He is giddy with anticipation already. He deserves a big effort from me and I want to knock this one out of the park for him. I'm creative and crafty so I've got a handle on the decor and stuff. I'm hoping ya'll may have some ideas or resources for something BIG or just unexpecte; like some "real" ghostbusters making an appearance or surprising him with a "real" proton pack or ___________.

Thanks in advance for anything and everything. No idea is too small, and all advice will be taken!
By Ray Stanz GB
acaulder wrote:I live in Wilmington and my young son has become a huge GB fan. I've agreed to a GB themed party for his 6th bday on 4/30/11. He is giddy with anticipation already. He deserves a big effort from me and I want to knock this one out of the park for him. I'm creative and crafty so I've got a handle on the decor and stuff. I'm hoping ya'll may have some ideas or resources for something BIG or just unexpecte; like some "real" ghostbusters making an appearance or surprising him with a "real" proton pack or ___________.

Thanks in advance for anything and everything. No idea is too small, and all advice will be taken!

well hopefully you picked him up some stuff from mattycollector.com, i would drop in but i'm still working on my suit and props. good to see us ghostheads reproducing...lol
By CarolinaGhostbusters
Carolina Ghostbusters here.

We're based in Charlotte/Gastonia, but we travel all over North and South Carolina. We've even been to Virginia to ShevaCon.

Keep an eye out on our events calendar on our website and see when we'll be in your area. We'd love to meet all the Ghostheads from all over the Carolinas!
By Gareee
Are you guys heading up to Asheville the end of the month like last year? We are planning attending the con as well this year with our ecto.
By holypaladin2819
Gareee wrote:Are you guys heading up to Asheville the end of the month like last year? We are planning attending the con as well this year with our ecto.
don't let them confuse you with those Star Trek geeks.
By Gareee
What are you talking about? The Carolina guys were at the first Fanaticon in Asheville last year, and I wanted to know if they planned attending this year as well.
By holypaladin2819
Gareee wrote:What are you talking about? The Carolina guys were at the first Fanaticon in Asheville last year, and I wanted to know if they planned attending this year as well.
well I mean we're normal; all we do is dress up like Bill Murray in shiny costumes with fake laser guns, and wear smoking, radioactive backpacks that play music...but those Star Trek freaks are really weird...
By CarolinaGhostbusters
Yeah, Fanaticon has us booked at the main convention on Saturday and at both the pre and post parties as well. So we'll be around for the weekend!
By Gareee
Cool. I'll contact them as well. It'll be nice to be a something local with more gb goodness around than just ourselves!
By vcm1613
Hey just checking in. I'm back in the business again. Started ordering and putting some gear together for my uniform. Not sure that I'll have the time for a pack this year nut might crank out a "styrene/stunt" pack by the big night. Are there any family oriented Halloween festivals going on this year in NC? Anyone headed to do anything?

-John
By Jangonate
Hey guys and gals,

It's me again from Elon checking in. The responses to this board are so random and spread out that sometimes I forget to check it.

CNC, this is a very late response, but I am the guy from Heroes Con way back.

Anybody find out if Ghostbusters is coming to your local theater this month? I haven't been able to find anything out about near me, but I know there's a theater in Wilmington getting it. This might be a great chance for some of us to dress up and meet up if there's one locally.

I'll post if I hear something.
By Gareee
I'm going to just call the local theaters, and see what I can find out. We have our inflatable stay puft for event display now, and I should have a killer RGB Samhain done within a few days as well.
By Jangonate
I know I mentioned this in the screenings thread, but just in case I wanted to see if there were any of you planning on going to Durham Southpointe Cinemas to see GBs next Thursday or the Thursday after? I'd love to see a meetup in uniform if possible.
By vcm1613
Just saying hello and that I'd love to meet up with NC GB's anytime!
By JCool
Halloween greetings from the Raleigh area!

Any other fans from the Triangle area? Would be cool to meet up and talk shop. I'm fully decked out in my costume and gear today - watch for a black saab wagon with the no-ghost logo on its doors as you drive around the area today!

-Joe

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]