Our franchise group was unfortunate to be wrapped up in the recent Facebook algorithmic purge of franchise groups that hit a bunch of other groups and communities, including Ghostbusters News. While GBNews was able to get their page back fairly quickly, due to their close connections to Ghost Corps/Sony, those of us in smaller groups were not so fortunate.

Our page is currently in "review" and I'm sure it'll get resolved eventually but who knows how long before a human will look at it. It was particularly frustrating for our group because we followed all the advice about being clear that we were a "fan group" and "not affiliated" with the usual rights holders etc etc. Our logo is also entirely unique and not simply a noghost with alternative colouration.

Anyway, I digress... my reason for posting is that I'm trying to wean myself off reliance on social media platforms so I've created a simple website and wondered if people in this community could give some feedback and advice on how it looks, what you like, don't like, which bits are a bit too wordy maybe or if I'm missing something really obvious.

The website is www.fromeghostbusters.co.uk.
Facebook is getting more and more invasive .....just hard to work with .
Then , for zero reason ..... BAM....they can take your account ( As you are experiencing first hand ) .

With that in mind , check out MeWe

https://mewe.com/

So far , it is mostly free and none of the Facebook garbage .
MeWe has 'groups' , which is free .....and 'Pages' , which they change a small fee.

I have a group and not sure what the 'Pages' do that is different than the 'groups'
Ghostbusters North was also wrapped up in this string of things. We have not created a new account because thats untrusting and confusing. We have also been in review for about a month now. I have been in contact with Meta daily through email and they just tell me to "wait" and when there is an update, they will email me. I don't trust that platform any longer and it's what drove a lot of our interaction within the communities that we serve.
Mercifull liked this
Heroic35 wrote: April 4th, 2024, 10:35 am Ghostbusters North was also wrapped up in this string of things. We have not created a new account because thats untrusting and confusing. We have also been in review for about a month now. I have been in contact with Meta daily through email and they just tell me to "wait" and when there is an update, they will email me. I don't trust that platform any longer and it's what drove a lot of our interaction within the communities that we serve.
How have you been contacting meta about it? I’ve had zip feedback from them so far not even a “please wait”.
deadderek liked this

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]