By WrectoEcto
Has anyone attempted to install a new volume knob that can located somewhere else on the pack? I've been digging around for a couple days know and can't find anything. I'm looking to install a new volume knob on the back of the pack, so to be more easily accessible for the wearer.
By masha_diana
hai wrecto,
I've been in the same boat as you, searching high and low for a solution to move the volume knob on my pack. It's frustrating, isn't it? I mean, who wants to fumble around awkwardly trying to adjust volume while wearing it? I've scoured forums, checked out DIY guides, and even reached out to some tech-savvy friends, but so far, no luck. It seems like such a simple idea, yet surprisingly hard to find info on.
By zeta otaku
Not HasLab specifically, but I recently attempted to convert the Clippard valve on my thrower into a volume knob... it did NOT go well and ended up destroying the Clippard (it's fixed so that it looks normal, but... yeah... I know it's ruined).

That said... if you're not trying to hide it as one of the parts of the thrower or pack, there's A LOT of empty space in the pack. Now, I don't know what the mechanism actually is, but if it's a potentiometer like 99% of every volume knob in existence, you could de-solder it off the circuit board and run wires to a new knob that you can install almost anywhere on the motherboard. I'd recommend going low in the cyclotron area so you can reach your new knob easier.
By The_Y33TER
zeta otaku wrote: March 5th, 2024, 2:21 am Not HasLab specifically, but I recently attempted to convert the Clippard valve on my thrower into a volume knob... it did NOT go well and ended up destroying the Clippard (it's fixed so that it looks normal, but... yeah... I know it's ruined).

That said... if you're not trying to hide it as one of the parts of the thrower or pack, there's A LOT of empty space in the pack. Now, I don't know what the mechanism actually is, but if it's a potentiometer like 99% of every volume knob in existence, you could de-solder it off the circuit board and run wires to a new knob that you can install almost anywhere on the motherboard. I'd recommend going low in the cyclotron area so you can reach your new knob easier.
On the Hasbro pack, it's not a potentiometer, instead a rotary encoder.
By cybertron
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Youll need this rotary encoder with thread https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325529510785 ... R4bH5o_DYw
EC11 one has thread , A,C,B solder points

On haslab board remove rotary encoder and de-solder from board.

white = B
Yellow =C
purple =A

Are the positions of wiring relative to encoder, it has them marked on the board. Solder extended cable matching those to positions on new encoder. Drill hole low down pack of motherboard , look for area to put it where you can close it (probably around the bottom somewhere. Fit it through hole , hold down with nut. Optionally buy a knob to put on it.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]