For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Hairy Biker wrote:
Anyword on fixing the game crashes?
I didn't hear anything specific about the crashes. It was a quick mention on Albert's part because someone on the chat mentioned the tints. Unless it's a livestream where a patch/update is the main feature, they are vague as hell in the livestreams leading up to it. But last week, Jordan did say the hot patch is going to fix all the issues that, well he implied, that won't cascade into bigger issues that need to be fixed. So if the crashes are a stand-alone issue, then they should be fixed in this upcoming patch.
Hairy Biker liked this
Patch 1.5.1 is live.
https://www.ghostbusterssu.com/news/patch-notes-1-5-1
General
• Various Crash fixes
• Various Localization issues fixed
• Fixed an issue where certain cinematics were not displaying properly at lower video settings
• Made improvements and fixes to various locations in Courthouse
• Fixed various locations that could cause players to become stuck
• Fixed various locations that could cause the Drudges to become stuck
• Fixed an issue where certain possessables would have their particle effects loop after being destroyed
• Fixed an issue where certain locations had walls that would become invisible at a distance

Busters:
• Added the option to remap the Buster’s Trap Minion minigame in the Controls menu
• Fixed an issue where the R.T.V. would not behave properly when switching in and out of the R.T.V. control view
• Fixed an issue where the Ghost VO would not play for the Busters during the end of match cinematic when the Ghost wins
• Fixed an issue where the Ecto Goggles could cause the Buster’s character model to not behave properly
• Fixed an issue where the Buster would temporarily not be able to use their gear after being downed by a Trap Minion
• Fixed an issue where the Buster’s Proton Pack could not vent after using the P.K.E blast
• Fixed an issue where certain attachments were causing heat generation to not work properly
• Fixed an issue where the Ecto Zapper attachment would sometimes not work properly as a client
• Fixed an issue where the Seismic Proximity Pedal attachment would sometimes have an inconsistent recharge rate

Ghosts:
• Removed the ability for Ghosts to possess and place rifts into various large possessable objects

Glutton:
• Fixed an issue that was causing the Glutton to become invisible

Possessor:
• Fixed an issue where the Possessor could possess a buster after the match has already ended
• Fixed an issue where the Hellion’s Charging Chaos was not getting canceled when tethered during windup.
• Fixed an issue where the Hellion’s Charging Chaos would have it’s cooldown reduced when charging into a wall
• Fixed an issue where the Terror Sentinel was able to place more than the maximum amount of Trap Claws on the map
• Fixed an issue where the Scuttle’s Malevolent Vortex was not cancelable during windup Reduced Phase energy cost
• Reduced Scuttle’s Malevolent Vortex health Increased slime dealt to Busters from Terror Sentinel’s Trap Claws

Chicken, He Clucked wrote: May 4th, 2023, 7:54 am Sorry my language should have been more clear - it was my suggestion for how they could make the unlocks more transparent, not something active in the current build.
Apologies! Yes, I agree with that. Yes, when you look at the contract it says what item and when you're at the customization screen, it will list the contract needed. That would great.
Hairy Biker liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 5th, 2023, 8:08 pm
Hairy Biker wrote:Still having game crashes. 2 out of 6 games so far.
Can you describe the situation leading up to both crashes? So they can kind of have a starting point to test what causes the crash.
The first was capturing the ghost. So trap, 4 streams, NPCs, ghosts etc. Alot of action.

The second was closing a rift but again same sort of thing. Ghosts, busters, effects etc.
mrmichaelt, Christof liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: May 5th, 2023, 10:17 pm
The first was capturing the ghost. So trap, 4 streams, NPCs, ghosts etc. Alot of action.

The second was closing a rift but again same sort of thing. Ghosts, busters, effects etc.
Ok, I'll send this off on Monday just in case anyone else here has bugs to report post Patch 1.5.1 this weekend.

EDIT: 5/8/23: Ok, thread started just for matching items to side hustles.
https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50853
Christof liked this
If you have the ability to capture video, and can include a clip of what exactly was happening when the game crashed, it's immensely more helpful. Course, I CAN capture my game footage and am almost never recording when it crashes, so of course your mileage may vary.
Before I uninstalled unleashed again I had a few more crashes. If it helps I was on the lodge level in the kitchen area with the tables. That was the first time. The second time was as the trap was sucking in the ghost on the first floor next to the downstairs fire place during a rift being discovered, and the third time was chasing the possesed vaccum next to the area with the Bear statue. I was about to stun the ghost with the PKE meter.

Unleashed freezing wasn't the reason why I uninstalled it. I didn't have room for Jedi Survivor.

(excellent game, but it has it's own issues. I reccomend it for sure. )
Got a reply back about timeware and Hairy Biker's bugs
Hello again Michael,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you for reaching out to us and providing us with this information.

We appreciate that you are reporting bugs in behalf of other players, but in order to better investigate and assist with their issues, all players should contact us directly through this mail in the future.

We are aware of a number of similar issues with crashing after lots of effects and NPCs are present at the same time, and we are actively investigating these problems. We will escalate this new information to our team, and we hope to have a patch out soon that will address these bugs. Please keep an eye on our Social Media pages and our Discord for the latest news.

If you are in need of assistance with anything else, please do let me know!

Kind regards,
Federico
Ghostbusters Spirits Unleashed Support Team
You can haunt... I mean, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and our Discord!
So I guess they want people to report things themselves, not sure what difference that would make but he asked.
Tight-Pants Jack wrote: May 9th, 2023, 6:21 pm Reporting bugs yourself has the benefit of passing along player data along with it. Devs can use that to track your game history to see more info on how/where/when the error occurred.
That makes sense.

Well, if anyone needs it, the email I've been sending to is: gbsu-support@illfonic.com
Hairy Biker liked this
Patch 1.5.2 out today
https://mp1st.com/news/ghostbusters-spi ... his-may-11
Addressed several issues that were causing certain gadgets and gear to not function properly when round cycling

Addressed an issue where the player would sometimes encounter an infinite loading screen after skipping certain parts of the tutorial

Fixed an issue where certain contract completion XP rewards being awarded properly

Fixed an issue where Rifts that are hidden in certain objects will respawn in a different location when the object is destroyed
Kingpin liked this
Tight-Pants Jack wrote:I tenured last week for the first time, but just noticed this evening that I've somehow lost the fungus patch I'd previously earned for collecting 100% of the spores, molds and fungus. Is that normal? I thought tenure didn't cost you any cosmetic unlocks?
You should report that asap. I've noticed players had a similar glitch with this fungus patch in both Tenure Level 1 and 2. For example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SpiritsUnleash ... us_glitch/
Tight-Pants Jack liked this
Tight-Pants Jack wrote: May 21st, 2023, 1:43 am I tenured last week for the first time, but just noticed this evening that I've somehow lost the fungus patch I'd previously earned for collecting 100% of the spores, molds and fungus. Is that normal? I thought tenure didn't cost you any cosmetic unlocks?
I'm not sure it's intentional, but can confirm that all levels of Tenure will reset the Spores, Mold, and Fungus rewards.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 21st, 2023, 3:15 am
Tight-Pants Jack wrote:I tenured last week for the first time, but just noticed this evening that I've somehow lost the fungus patch I'd previously earned for collecting 100% of the spores, molds and fungus. Is that normal? I thought tenure didn't cost you any cosmetic unlocks?
You should report that asap. I've noticed players had a similar glitch with this fungus patch in both Tenure Level 1 and 2. For example:
I believe that might be the rare exception compared to all the others, as the hat you get when you get 100% of the fungus also disappears when you tenure up.
mrmichaelt liked this
Kingpin wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 2:52 am
mrmichaelt wrote: May 21st, 2023, 3:15 am You should report that asap. I've noticed players had a similar glitch with this fungus patch in both Tenure Level 1 and 2. For example:
I believe that might be the rare exception compared to all the others, as the hat you get when you get 100% of the fungus also disappears when you tenure up.
I don't believe mine did. I've tenured twice now and didn't have to unlock the hat or patch again.
JonXCTrack wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:12 am I know its not entirely related to Firehouse, and the mods can move this post to the video game thread, but....

https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 5601856512

That hand looks awfully familiar!
Interesting! I guess Samhain will be in DLC #3 and hopefully not just the Switch port. Hmm, wonder if that means the new set of ghosts added will be 'celebrity' ones, Samhain and 2 others? Of are they giving a map that Samhain inhabits like a boss character like we've been asking for.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2023, 5:16 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:12 am I know its not entirely related to Firehouse, and the mods can move this post to the video game thread, but....

https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 5601856512

That hand looks awfully familiar!
Interesting! I guess Samhain will be in DLC #3 and hopefully not just the Switch port. Hmm, wonder if that means the new set of ghosts added will be 'celebrity' ones, Samhain and 2 others? Of are they giving a map that Samhain inhabits like a boss character like we've been asking for.
Be cool if the did like the cartoon and the map is a ghostly warped version of the Firehouse
mrmichaelt liked this
https://www.shacknews.com/cortex/articl ... ing-update

Shacknews confirms, Summer is the release so he'll be in DLC 3.
There's also some speculation amongst us on Discord that Samhain may be non-playable and just part of the new storyline expansion. I kinda hope not, but we'll have to wait and see.
mrmichaelt liked this
Christof wrote: June 8th, 2023, 8:29 pmhttps://www.shacknews.com/cortex/articl ... ing-update

Shacknews confirms, Summer is the release so he'll be in DLC 3.
There's also some speculation amongst us on Discord that Samhain may be non-playable and just part of the new storyline expansion. I kinda hope not, but we'll have to wait and see.
Thanks! Hmm. Perhaps Nameless is a harbinger for Samhain. I recall in Celtic and other lore, mythical entities would refuse to say their names or else a druid and the like would be able to hold dominion over it. Maybe Samhain will just be in new cutscenes (just a speculating there) in the DLC, that expand on thatt aspect of the game's story.
Christof liked this
I wonder if illfonic will make any changes to ecto-1 and the firehouse to sync better with firehouse? As I said in another thread this game's story doesn't matter, it's window dressing for the multi player matches, but Sony may want some cross promotion. I guess at minimum ecto will get the red hood stripes and the fire house will get a few new decorative items from the new movie.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]