Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Warrenzo
So, I'm currently working as a front-end developer for a tech startup in San Francisco. I landed in this role about a year ago, and it's been a wild ride since then. The work is challenging, but the environment is super supportive. Plus, there's always something new to learn, which keeps things exciting.

But I must admit that it was quite difficult to find this position. I come from a small country in Eastern Europe, and initially I worked for this startup remotely for 6 months, and then they offered me the opportunity to move with my family to the USA.

I had to do this because the salary in my native country was too low to support my family, but also reaching the USA is a dream that I have had for years.

There's a tiny chance that this message will be read by people from outside the USA who have an "American dream", but if anyone does, I recommend that you start studying about employment in the USA today (click here for more about that), and place job applications to US companies. This is your ticket to making your dreams come true.
By JediChris1138
I used to do VFX, then theme park design. After a few years and a Master's Degree, I now work as the VP of Personnel in the Financial Services industry.

It is neither as glamorous or as well-paying as I imagine you expect it to be.
By Josh Foote
A bit late to this, but I’ve worked in/around politics for the last 15 years. Currently the Deputy Political Director for the Carpenters Union.
By Alphagaia
I'm a bit of a jack of all trades in Graphic Design and Videography.

Think weddingsvideos, websites, prints and logo designs.

Since Covid, musical producers got into making film scripts for their schoolmusicals to sell to the parents digitally and for the last few years I get hired to videocoach these scripts for a few months which is tremendous fun. Every week I get a new group that's excited to be a moviestar for a few days and learn how hard making a 'movie' actually is (especially the downtime between scenes).

Sometimes schools let the kids write their own scripts and these are absolutely batshit crazy and just fun to improvise with. The stuff they come up with: kids crashing a bingoparty where one of the old geezers chokes on a piece of apple pie, so they want to attend the funeral only for the guy to wake up in the coffin screaming he got a bingo.

Then edit the stuff together so they can watch their hard work in a real cinema, red carpet and all.

Just finished the last movie for the season, now back to other stuff!
robbritton liked this
By GuyX
I use to be an exotic dancer & did some male modelling & adult film work. Then came Only fans. I started doing that sort of stuff to payoff student loans. I kept at it because the money was good & it was an interesting experience. I could write 3-4 books just from that part of my life alone. I once did a bachelorette party with an EXTREMELY famous woman(who at the time was semi famous) & it was the most debauched private show I’ve ever done. And that’s saying something!

But now I’m in real estate & development. Not quite as exciting & I no longer have to listen to a room full of drunk women scream “WOOO” which is always a plus.
deadderek liked this
By Rasponov
I'm currently employed as a Logistician in a nursing home. Making beds, taking out the trash, do the laundry, that sorta stuff.
Only do it part-time so that i am free in the afternoon to work on my projects, and currently the job ain't really a good one, but it pays.
deadderek liked this
By liliath
I'm a freelancer right now and I started investing in crypto 'coz it's profitable field for investment. Doing this meant I had to do a lot of research of blockchain and it's applications. I really care for BTC and I see a lot of potential for cryptos that provide smart contract functionality. I always check the latest news at https://coinmarketcap.com/alexandria/ar ... 76044d0c10 to reduce the risks and make the right choice. I've been holding some Bitcoin for a while now, and I think there are some pretty compelling benefits to investing in it.
By Kukem
I am a Medical Radiation Dosimetrist. I design radiation treatment plans for Oncolgy Patients when they have to come in for Cancer treatments. I get to work with linear accelerators during my day job and pretend to use them in my hobby!
By GMartin58
I'm a retired broadcast professional with over 40+ years experience and still do a lot of voice-overs...and work with a local film crew making short films for the fun of it!
jonogunn, deadderek liked this
By GuyX
RichardLess wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 1:44 am Scrolling down through these perfectly normal occupations, finding them fairly fascinating. And then you get to GuyX’s and it’s like :

I’m trying to decide if you meant this to be insulting or not. I hope not. That would be rude.

People have different jobs. That mine involved the sexual appetites of adults shouldn’t be cause for shock. Use what the good lord gave you. For some people it’s brain power and mathematics, others it’s athletics and for me it use to be getting nude live and on camera. Paid my way through school that way.
Arch27, deadderek liked this
By gamera1968
Spirits (liquor) sales at a 24-hour drive-through liquor store in beautiful south Florida. (8 years and counting. It pays the bills and helps support my side gig, LOL)

My side gig is that I'm a part-time cosplayer since 2016, (mainly GB and Star Wars) and a proud member of Ecto Force Florida since August of 2022.
I am also the cosplay coordinator for a local arcade (Flynn's Arcade & More, Margate, FL), and have hosted numerous cosplay-related events since their opening in Dec. 2019.
By RichardLess
GuyX wrote: November 8th, 2023, 1:50 pm
RichardLess wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 1:44 am Scrolling down through these perfectly normal occupations, finding them fairly fascinating. And then you get to GuyX’s and it’s like :

I’m trying to decide if you meant this to be insulting or not. I hope not. That would be rude.

People have different jobs. That mine involved the sexual appetites of adults shouldn’t be cause for shock. Use what the good lord gave you. For some people it’s brain power and mathematics, others it’s athletics and for me it use to be getting nude live and on camera. Paid my way through school that way.
Oh heck no. I won’t lie and say it wasn’t surprising and that I wasn’t taken aback but you do what you gotta do to get that bag. I once dated someone who had been an exotic dancer & she had her mortgage paid for by the time she was 35. The day after she paid it off? She quit. So I got not qualms there.

So no I hope you took no offence it’s just there are all this random but regular jobs & then your post just kinda blows em away. There was a juxtaposition humour of seeing something like “plumber, nurse, car salesmen, computer programmer” and then you come out swinging with “only fans/adult films/stripper”.
By anxer5
I am fashion blogger and influencer. Dive into luxury and sophistication with the scintillating collection of diamond-studded wonders from labrilliante.com As a fashion connoisseur, I'm enthralled by the mesmerizing brilliance these diamonds exude. The exquisite craftsmanship and intricate designs of Labrilliante's silver rings embellished with diamonds are an epitome of elegance. Whether paired with a casual ensemble for a hint of glamour or worn to accentuate a formal attire, these rings elevate any look to haute couture levels. Each piece tells a story of timeless allure and impeccable style, making them an absolute must-have for those who cherish opulence and desire to sparkle effortlessly in every setting.
Last edited by anxer5 on November 16th, 2023, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sav C
Since last time I posted in this thread I've worked (briefly) at a small museum, and now I'm working for a literary journal.
By anxer5
mrmichaelt wrote: February 17th, 2022, 7:06 am List your day job in real life!
Crafting a non-custodial crypto wallet demands precision and security measures. Begin by selecting a blockchain platform and programming language aligned with the wallet's functionality. Implement robust encryption techniques to secure private keys and transactions, ensuring user autonomy over their funds. Prioritize intuitive UI/UX for seamless navigation and integrate multi-currency support for versatility. Consider compliance with industry standards and security audits to fortify against vulnerabilities. Leveraging expert guidance, such as from incora can streamline development, offering insights into blockchain integration, security protocols, and user-centric design. Creating a non-custodial crypto wallet demands meticulous coding and a user-focused approach, ensuring trust and reliability in handling digital assets.
(note: magnussteuber was original poster of thread but account has been hacked as of 1/18/2023)
doing some web dev projects

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]