Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 26th, 2023, 4:56 pm Andy Bottomley is the UK artist tasked with the internal redesign of the London logo. GBNews Jason was given two variations of it.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/05/26 ... roduction/

And noticed Aykroyd is doing 2 signings in London June 2-3 so he's definitely sticking around.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsuKOo5MifU/
Glad to see the source artwork pop up, and from the artist who made them. :)
deadderek, groschopf liked this
WCat2000 wrote: May 26th, 2023, 3:30 pm The way the bikes fly off seems weird. Like not how it should happen if a car really hit them from that angle. Reminds me of the ghosts throwing the courtroom chairs in GB2. I’m probably wrong but it looks very off imo.
A great comparison! The chairs in GB2 were set upon an elevated platform, under which air mortars were placed to propel the chairs upwards¹. Looks like the same mechanics being employed here.

Likely the car and bikes will be framed in such a way on camera as to make it look like Ecto sideswiped a bike rack without actually having to bang the car up.

¹ Wallace, Daniel, et al. “19.” Ghostbusters: The Ultimate Visual History, Insight Editions, San Rafael, CA, 2018, pg 147.
deadderek, mrmichaelt, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
deadderek, I found the mysterious A. West. Aaron P. West on facebook. Posted it to a group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2907946 ... 631998831/

Davideverona wrote: May 26th, 2023, 8:59 am Wait, Podcast has a real name?
He does. It was in one of the Afterlife scripts but it was removed and Logan Kim was sworn to secrecy (according to an AV Club interview posted on November 23, 2021).
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 26th, 2023, 11:22 pm deadderek, I found the mysterious A. West. Aaron P. West on facebook. Posted it to a group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2907946 ... 631998831/

Davideverona wrote: May 26th, 2023, 8:59 am Wait, Podcast has a real name?
He does. It was in one of the Afterlife scripts but it was removed and Logan Kim was sworn to secrecy (according to an AV Club interview posted on November 23, 2021).
Yeah I saw that scrolling earlier.
zeta otaku wrote: May 26th, 2023, 8:59 am So, the Metlife Stadium is literally 5 minutes from my apartment. Took a drive over and where they were doing those tests were over by the Giants' training facility. I didn't stay long as security is HIGH (though I think that's due to the Taylor Swift concert tonight and not so much the Ecto).
Yeah, scrolling through the post, Aaron P. West replied on Thursday, the second filming unit had a tiff with Taylor Swift's reps but were ultimately allowed to film there and had to clear out by 7 pm. Evidently, Swift's Eras Tour performs at MetLife tonight to Sunday. For reference in the comments, West wrote "it's second unit shooting for Firehouse. Seems like this one was sported up for stunt shots. Doing lots of burnouts." and "this was yesterday afternoon. Admin didn't approve until this morning. Big fight with the Taylor Swift people on if they could even film yesterday. Everything had to be cleared out by 7 last night."

I'm gonna guess it was a shorter rehearsal today. About what time did you stay until, zeta?
Yeah that group is notoriously bad approving posts until hours upon hours later. Really poorly run on that part.
timeware wrote:You think the "swifties" would be more patient in allowing Ghostcorps to film. If I were her i'd be like"Uh, let's move the concert if you put one of my songs in the movie. Bam, free advertising and the Swifties get a new song for waiting a day longer. Win win.
Genuine lol you think this is how that conversation / negotiation would go. Absurd.

Do you realise how big Taylor Swift is right now?
mrmichaelt wrote: May 27th, 2023, 12:21 am
I'm gonna guess it was a shorter rehearsal today. About what time did you stay until, zeta?
I think it was around 10:30~ish AM. Security was super strict and I wasn't convinced I could talk my way near the training center to where I could see what was going on. I used to work with a guy who does security for Metlife stadium, I'll see if he can do me a solid. Will update later.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 27th, 2023, 4:53 am Oh yeah. Wonder if there will be an actual official soundtrack this time. EDIT: Thematically, it would make sense. GB are back in NYC. Just please no more cover songs.
I don't go out to the movies too often anymore (our closest theater is 3 hours away so we plan ahead on what we REALLY wanna see), do most movies even have pop songs in them anymore during montages? I think that was an 80s thing, even the cartoon had them occasionally. (EDIT: I forgot about the Creed films!)

The last we saw of the Ecto, Winston wanted to restore it. I think that's what they're doing after seeing that test footage. It's got new racing tires and it's cleaned up quite a bit. I wouldn't mind small upgrades like that to make it more productive, I drive a '72 Caddy Hearse and that thing is like driving a tank. I'm too afraid to drive it past 35mph
I would love to get another great soundtrack from this movie, with original songs galore. Not sure how likely that is, but we can hope. With the younger cast, I feel like some pop-punk might be appropriate. Trevor, especially, I could imagine listening to a band like New Found Glory:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Bison256 wrote: May 27th, 2023, 5:55 am In Afterlife Callie knew something about the Ghostbusters that is a never revealed to the audience. I hope this movie clarifies it. Perhaps the guys knew her when was a kid. I feel her and Venkman would get along well.
It’s unlikely, as Venkman clearly meets her for the first time at the end of Afterlife - “Who’s this one?” “Spengler, huh? Weird name, good luck with that”. While you can headcanon maternal surnames and all sorts to cover that gap if you want to, it’d be a real stretch and an odd thing to shoehorn into a sequel.
jonogunn, Kingpin liked this
Bison256 wrote: May 27th, 2023, 5:55 am In Afterlife Callie knew something about the Ghostbusters that is a never revealed to the audience. I hope this movie clarifies it. Perhaps the guys knew her when was a kid. I feel her and Venkman would get along well.
robbritton wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:04 am It’s unlikely, as Venkman clearly meets her for the first time at the end of Afterlife - “Who’s this one?” “Spengler, huh? Weird name, good luck with that”. While you can headcanon maternal surnames and all sorts to cover that gap if you want to, it’d be a real stretch and an odd thing to shoehorn into a sequel.
Yes, but the basis of what Bison256 was alluding to was that argument between Phoebe and Callie after they get home from the sheriff's office.
Phoebe: Don't you think your father came out here for a reason?

Callie: No. No. I think he was a sad old man who turned his back on his family, his partners. And for what? For a stupid farm in a town nobody cares about. Where, by the way, everybody thought he was nuts. Yeah, great decision, Dad.

Phoebe: He was special. He loved science, like me. Why didn't you tell me my grandfather was Egon Spengler?

Callie: Hey, I'm glad you found yourself here. I really am. But all I see are reminders that I didn't mean a thing to him. He never cared about me.
But there's also the confirmation that part of that exchange became a deleted scene when Callie smashes the P.K.E. Meter so I think the scene could have been a little bit of a victim of editing and some things lack cohesion in the final cut (or just overall the way they phrased that line lends itself to speculation no matter what got cut out). I get that it seems like Callie knew about the Ghostbusters and kept it a secret but imo, Callie could have simply been told by her mother that her father was a scientist who was running a business. And due to the limited information given to Callie, she didn't have a complete picture and internalized her frustration hence in the movie we saw her disdain for science in general and how she vilified Egon in her mind as the absent parent who would have nothing to do with her and only cared about his own pursuits. I'm sure it was done with good intentions, a woman in that position, I'm sure she was just trying to protect Callie's interests and save her more potential heartbreak by not telling her very much about Egon. Yeah, Callie's mom - wonder if she will ever come up or show up down the line. Hmm, like for instance what would she think about her daughter and grandchildren becoming Ghostbusters. Hmm.
robbritton liked this
It was reported the Flash would have a $140 million opening. that expectation was cut in half to a $70 million dollar opening. Indy 5 has also been reported to have it's own problems due in large part to Kathleen Kennedy. I think Blue Beetle could be DC's last hope until their cinemaitic reboot takes place. The term big movies might end up being over hyped.

If Ghostbusters is filmed with the fun nalstogic theme that was used with Afterlife and Mario Bros. I think Firehouse could be considered for best movie of the year. But yeah, I have good faith that we'll get a trailer on Ghostbusters day or at tleast some behind the set scenes, or pics of equipment if no trailer shows up.
DancingToaster liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:24 am
robbritton wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:04 am It’s unlikely, as Venkman clearly meets her for the first time at the end of Afterlife - “Who’s this one?” “Spengler, huh? Weird name, good luck with that”. While you can headcanon maternal surnames and all sorts to cover that gap if you want to, it’d be a real stretch and an odd thing to shoehorn into a sequel.
Yes, but the basis of what Bison256 was alluding to was that argument between Phoebe and Callie after they get home from the sheriff's office.
Phoebe: Don't you think your father came out here for a reason?

Callie: No. No. I think he was a sad old man who turned his back on his family, his partners. And for what? For a stupid farm in a town nobody cares about. Where, by the way, everybody thought he was nuts. Yeah, great decision, Dad.

Phoebe: He was special. He loved science, like me. Why didn't you tell me my grandfather was Egon Spengler?

Callie: Hey, I'm glad you found yourself here. I really am. But all I see are reminders that I didn't mean a thing to him. He never cared about me.
But there's also the confirmation that part of that exchange became a deleted scene when Callie smashes the P.K.E. Meter so I think the scene could have been a little bit of a victim of editing and some things lack cohesion in the final cut (or just overall the way they phrased that line lends itself to speculation no matter what got cut out). I get that it seems like Callie knew about the Ghostbusters and kept it a secret but imo, Callie could have simply been told by her mother that her father was a scientist who was running a business. And due to the limited information given to Callie, she didn't have a complete picture and internalized her frustration hence in the movie we saw her disdain for science in general and how she vilified Egon in her mind as the absent parent who would have nothing to do with her and only cared about his own pursuits. I'm sure it was done with good intentions, a woman in that position, I'm sure she was just trying to protect Callie's interests and save her more potential heartbreak by not telling her very much about Egon. Yeah, Callie's mom - wonder if she will ever come up or show up down the line. Hmm, like for instance what would she think about her daughter and grandchildren becoming Ghostbusters. Hmm.
I don't think Callie knew a lot, nor do I think the guys knew her well as a child. I was thinking along the lines of that Peter and Ray knew of her because they had meet her and her mother at some point before the first flim. You know a simple hi, nice to meet you, cute kid you got there, etc. When I said I think Callie and Peter would get along I mean in this film with her as an adult.
timeware wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:40 pm It was reported the Flash would have a $140 million opening. that expectation was cut in half to a $70 million dollar opening. Indy 5 has also been reported to have it's own problems due in large part to Kathleen Kennedy. I think Blue Beetle could be DC's last hope until their cinemaitic reboot takes place. The term big movies might end up being over hyped.

If Ghostbusters is filmed with the fun nalstogic theme that was used with Afterlife and Mario Bros. I think Firehouse could be considered for best movie of the year. But yeah, I have good faith that we'll get a trailer on Ghostbusters day or at tleast some behind the set scenes, or pics of equipment if no trailer shows up.
Sorry I know this is off topic but this is a pet peeve of mine and I gotta say something.

Please don’t fall for that “Kathleen Kennedy is the devil” crap that so many try to spew on the inter web. It’s complete non sense. Mangold was given huge creative freedom on Indy 5 and the final result, good or bad, rests on his shoulders. Frank Marshall, Kennedy’s husband, had more involvement with Indy 5 than she did.

The hate Kennedy seems to get by a certain contingent on the Star Wars fanbase is sexism at its worst. I see it all over the internet. If a project works out, like Andor, and is good it’s somebody else who gets the credit and if it’s crap it’s by her meddling.

I’m not saying Kathleen Kennedy is perfect or everything she touches turns to gold, but my god, look at that woman’s CV. It’s filled with some of the greatest films of all time. She’s a legend. I didn’t like the Star Wars sequel films but I can tell you one thing that I know beyond a shadow or a doubt, most of those films problems were not on her. Bob Igor said “ I need a Star Wars film every year” and unfortunately that’s a recipe for short sighted creative thinking.

Anyways, that’s my last word on the matter. I just have to nip that shit in the bud because I see it spread and no one corrects it.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, deadderek and 4 others liked this
timeware wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:40 pmIt was reported the Flash would have a $140 million opening. that expectation was cut in half to a $70 million dollar opening. Indy 5 has also been reported to have it's own problems due in large part to Kathleen Kennedy. I think Blue Beetle could be DC's last hope until their cinemaitic reboot takes place. The term big movies might end up being over hyped.
I'm not getting the relevance of either The Flash's projected box office taking being halved, that there might be some behind-the-scenes problems with Dial of Destiny, or that Blue Beetle might be DC's "last hope", two of those movies are being released this summer, and a third in the early autumn, while "Firehouse" is intended to be due out in the winter... So there's no competition or issue with them and our new flick.

And to expand on Richard's post, are those reports about Kennedy actually from impartial and verified sources, or from commentators on sites like YouTube who could plausibly have an axe to grind?
I'm not a Kathleen Kennedy fanboy, but like Richard said, some folks seem a bit too quick to apportion blame to her as a convenient boogieman.
Bison256 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:32 pm I don't think Callie knew a lot, nor do I think the guys knew her well as a child. I was thinking along the lines of that Peter and Ray knew of her because they had meet her and her mother at some point before the first flim. You know a simple hi, nice to meet you, cute kid you got there, etc. When I said I think Callie and Peter would get along I mean in this film with her as an adult.
I don't believe Callie had ever met the guys, or they her, prior to events of Gozer's return in Summerville.
Peter, as previously noted, seemed to be meeting Callie for the first time, as opposed to encountering someone he'd met many years ago... And Ray himself appeared surprised/thoughtful to learn that Egon had a granddaughter. Meanwhile, Janine approached her interactions with Callie as a hesitant executor of Egon's "estate", rather than someone who maybe met Callie when she was younger... It was largely business-first.
Given the type of person Egon was, I think the revelation that he had a daughter would've been something that Peter, Ray and Winston wouldn't have easily forgotten if they'd known about it when Callie was a child, which makes me feel that that was a part of his life he kept separate from the other Ghostbusters.

I also believe that what knowledge Callie did have about the Ghostbusters, was either from speaking to Janine when she visited Summerville, and/or from the stories about the Ghostbusters that circulated around the country over the years... The ones that Trevor alluded to.
deadderek, robbritton liked this
I’m not saying Kathleen Kennedy is perfect or everything she touches turns to gold, but my god, look at that woman’s CV. It’s filled with some of the greatest films of all time. She’s a legend. I didn’t like the Star Wars sequel films but I can tell you one thing that I know beyond a shadow or a doubt, most of those films problems were not on her. Bob Igor said “ I need a Star Wars film every year” and unfortunately that’s a recipe for short sighted creative thinking.
Yeah...The bad decisions were made all around but Kennedy seemed to be the focal point for a lot of things that were cut from Mandalorian Seaon 3. Happy Hogan wasn't happy with her stepping in, and by Happy Hogan I mean John Favreau. I'm not blaming her for everything that's gone wrong with Starwars.

It did feel alot of things were cut. This isn't a sexist thing this a blame who's in charge thing, at least for me. I can see how someone can percieve blaming Keneddy for bad decisions can draw the sexist conclusion, but again it's all around bad decision making. Someone definitly screwed the pooch with the Star Wars Hotel between Igor, Chepek (Cheap it) , and Kennedy. That's for damn certain. My 2 cents.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]