Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By Ackbar
Well, customs sent the pack back to David... customs blame the parcel service and vice versa.... David takes care about the issue and keeps me up to date. Meanhwile it arrived at him. We will try another parcel service, probably.
By DoctorPepper
Ackbar wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 3:41 am Well, customs sent the pack back to David... customs blame the parcel service and vice versa.... David takes care about the issue and keeps me up to date. Meanhwile it arrived at him. We will try another parcel service, probably.
At this point I would just cross the border and pick it up from him.
Dioxide liked this
By Ackbar
DoctorPepper wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 12:17 pm
Ackbar wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 3:41 am Well, customs sent the pack back to David... customs blame the parcel service and vice versa.... David takes care about the issue and keeps me up to date. Meanhwile it arrived at him. We will try another parcel service, probably.
At this point I would just cross the border and pick it up from him.
I thought about that more than once...
By Khronos
kernuyckdave wrote: February 17th, 2023, 12:51 pm I’ll absolutely give you a refund. As I’ve made very clear - on this very thread, orders that were due to ship last December were put back due to me being made homeless.

Ironically yours is all but finished and due to ship with 4 others in the next 2 weeks. Looks like someone else will get their pack early instead. Email me and I’ll process your refund.
I will be clear here I didn't want to leave another post here, I was hoping that my last post would be that: the last. But by now it has been 3 months since that post, and about A YEAR AND SEVEN MONTHS since I placed my order on Etsy, and I've finally hit a point where I can't take it anymore. I was FINALLY able to get ahold of David on his latest IG post, hoping to finally resolve this but all I got was a brief message and then...nothing. I wanted to have a brief, civil conversation to get my refund but I can tell it won't happen on there, so I have come here as a final resort to get his attention. David, if you see this: I want a refund. I have waited so long, and by now I don't want the pack, hell I don't even have anywhere to put it. I didn't want to be demanding or to slander you but I need that money back because clearly I'm not getting anything for it.
By shoesdontmatch
I'd Just like to get an update on where I sit in the queue my 2 year mark will be here next month and I've heard nothing in months , I mean which packs are you working on 2020 2021 what month orders of what year so I can figure where I am, I would hope you are going in order received so what orders are you working on Jan 2020 or May 2021 or WHAT! , give us a clue to your progress at least and if there is a problem tell us what the hold up is its better to know than just sit here in the dark :sigh:
Steelspartan112 liked this
By Steelspartan112
Agreed I've had zero contact from him since September 2022. I'm well over the 2 year mark. I'm trying to remain positive about this. But when myself and I'm sure others have seen him posting and getting zero response it is starting to vex me. David we deserve answers.
StarkMarkV liked this
By StarkMarkV
Steelspartan112 wrote: May 20th, 2023, 3:31 am Agreed I've had zero contact from him since September 2022. I'm well over the 2 year mark. I'm trying to remain positive about this. But when myself and I'm sure others have seen him posting and getting zero response it is starting to vex me. David we deserve answers.
While I do understand where David is coming from, feeling bad when there are no new updates to someones pack, I will say that I would still prefer that honestly than nothing at all.

I get that these packs are a labor of love and each one takes time and patience. Like he once told me before, these packs aren't being made in a warehouse in China. Can't just pump them out like crazy, I would still prefer something, anything really in the form of an update. Even if it's the smallest thing or how long is the queue before my pack, again just anything.

Only thing keeping me hopeful is some of the positive things I've read on here on his packs, along with the pics being shared. I have good faith in him. Just shoot me a reply is all.
Nighty80 liked this
By Ackbar
David wrote me these days and informed me, that he unwrapped the pack and checked it for damage. Now he is searching a courier suits our needs best. He apologized for things are going slowly.
I have to say, no problems with him. It seems to me, that he is drowning in work and does his best.
By GaudinosWheels
Ackbar, genuinely, how are you so calm about this? How are you so chilled? You have been waiting on your pack for ages. It’s been sent out. Apparently. And it’s not made it to you.

Seriously, I’m amazed at your patience.
Ackbar liked this
By DoctorPepper
GaudinosWheels wrote: May 26th, 2023, 4:10 pm Ackbar, genuinely, how are you so calm about this? How are you so chilled? You have been waiting on your pack for ages. It’s been sent out. Apparently. And it’s not made it to you.

pink slime energy
Ackbar liked this
By RedSpecial
Ackbar wrote: May 26th, 2023, 3:12 am David wrote me these days and informed me, that he unwrapped the pack and checked it for damage. Now he is searching a courier suits our needs best. He apologized for things are going slowly.
I have to say, no problems with him. It seems to me, that he is drowning in work and does his best.
I can confirm this.
I visited the proton props workshop recently and was there while your pack was being repackaged after being checked over.

David is absolutely up to his neck and working his ass off as a sole employee to get packs out to his customers as quickly as humanly possible.
Despite the fact that many of the parts that go into a build of this quality are increasingly difficult to come by or simply just take time to source and have delivered from the various locations around the world which they're purchased from.
Not to mention the sheer amount of time and effort it takes to construct a pack to the high specifications that he provides.

Having seen them in person, these pack commissions are built to an unprecedented level of finish, accuracy and attention to detail and that applies to both the Proton Props idealised shell based builds and the outstanding and insanely detailed Legacy based builds.

I get that his customers are anxious about extended wait times brought on by the extenuating circumstances that David has faced in recent times across supply issues and shipping delays, amongst others.
But what a lot of people who are quick to leap to conclusions may not be aware of, is that this level of detail and quality is usually only seen by some of the best builders in the community (who David can also be counted amongst) who would normally need to spend multiple years focused on one single pack to reach this level of finish with all of the part sourcing headaches that it brings, never mind achieving the same level across numerous packs, simultaneously as David is currently.

I'd be anxious too if i had dropped a large chunk of change on a pack and had to wait an extended period of time to receive it, but these particular packs are more than worth the wait and the asking price.
By Bobdor
I have a question about this company. A lot of the comments and replies here seem to be about people ordering fully complete packs, is that correct? I have seen rave reviews for this Proton Props on both Reddit and The RPF which make me want to do business with them. However this thread very much gives me pause.

I would like to simply order a mounted shell kit, not a fully assembled pack. Is all the issues in this thread about people order full packs which have a very long lead time, or do the same issues happen with just a shell kit as well? I sent a few questions over to Proton Props to get some details before my purchase, but that was several days ago which makes me wonder.

Just looking to understand the situation a little better as a perspective buyer. Thanks for the time.
By Ackbar
GaudinosWheels wrote: May 26th, 2023, 4:10 pm Ackbar, genuinely, how are you so calm about this? How are you so chilled? You have been waiting on your pack for ages. It’s been sent out. Apparently. And it’s not made it to you.

Ask my kids how patient I am :-D
But seriously: I think shit happens, David had a lot of trouble but kept me up to date and was earnest all the time. Yes there was a phase in which he didn´t reply for a while... but he found the time to explain the reasons. So I take a deep breath, knowing I will get my pack and meanwhile I have to live with the ghosts haunting my house... but their days are numbered^^
By tobycj
Ackbar wrote: May 26th, 2023, 3:12 am David wrote me these days and informed me, that he unwrapped the pack and checked it for damage. Now he is searching a courier suits our needs best. He apologized for things are going slowly.
I was down at David's workshop with RedSpecial and I helped check over your pack and repackaged it :) it's a lovely build!
By eljuanyo
eljuanyo wrote: April 24th, 2023, 5:03 am Almost 2 years here, he told me mine's would be ready this month or May, waiting for an update.
Remember me? Yes, 2 years club and las April I wrote that. Well it's almost June and guess what, I'm again in the "ghosting zone". After regaining hope in March when David told me my pack wast almost done, that it would be sent April (May at the latest)... I've been trying to contact him for three weeks. I've tried Instagram, the webpage, Etsy, WhatsApp... NOTHING. I've been patient, I've been hopefull, but everytime he is the same, he shows up, gives me hope, and when the date arrives... he vanishes. I don't care about the sheer quality of the job, about the happy customers... I just don't understand the absolute lack of dignity to IGNORE daily attempts to contact him, DAILY, for almost a month, from a customer that is giving him all this trust after all the let downs.

I don't know what to do anymore, I don't want to give up, I just want my pack, it's my dream since childhood... but this is tacking a huge toll in my mental health, I feel cheated and disrespected.

TL,DR: 2 years waiting, finally in March he tells me "almost ready, sending it in April/May", trying to contact him daily for weeks since it's almost June, radio silence.
By CaptainAssholay
Bobdor wrote: May 26th, 2023, 10:03 pm I have a question about this company. A lot of the comments and replies here seem to be about people ordering fully complete packs, is that correct? I have seen rave reviews for this Proton Props on both Reddit and The RPF which make me want to do business with them. However this thread very much gives me pause.

I would like to simply order a mounted shell kit, not a fully assembled pack. Is all the issues in this thread about people order full packs which have a very long lead time, or do the same issues happen with just a shell kit as well? I sent a few questions over to Proton Props to get some details before my purchase, but that was several days ago which makes me wonder.

Just looking to understand the situation a little better as a perspective buyer. Thanks for the time.
I ordered a mounted kit in November 2022 and am still waiting. I reached out to him on Facebook in early May and he said he has a few "solid weeks" of working through commissions still before he's able to start working on the kits. I had hoped to have the kit in time to get it up and running for Halloween this year but that's looking less likely. When he put up his Facebook group again earlier this year he mentioned he'd be giving weekly updates to give everyone an idea of what he's doing but that seemed to stop after a while.

It's unfortunate but as everyone is saying, he's a one man operation. I'm still going to wait because his packs are the best looking to me by far and it's not like I'm going to get a better communication / shipping speed from BenOfKent anyway :boogieman:
Bobdor liked this
By Bobdor
CaptainAssholay wrote: May 27th, 2023, 6:33 am I ordered a mounted kit in November 2022 and am still waiting. I reached out to him on Facebook in early May and he said he has a few "solid weeks" of working through commissions still before he's able to start working on the kits. I had hoped to have the kit in time to get it up and running for Halloween this year but that's looking less likely. When he put up his Facebook group again earlier this year he mentioned he'd be giving weekly updates to give everyone an idea of what he's doing but that seemed to stop after a while.

It's unfortunate but as everyone is saying, he's a one man operation. I'm still going to wait because his packs are the best looking to me by far and it's not like I'm going to get a better communication / shipping speed from BenOfKent anyway :boogieman:
Thank you very much for the reply. Would you recommend just putting my order in now to get into queue, and just be patient?
By frankov
Ordered one set of 84 Ecto Goggles in February, which were supposed to ship in May, sadly no news or updates on this.

I haven't contacted him as it seems a lot of you are already asking him for updates, so I didn't want to add more noise. I'll wait a couple of months and will contact him in early August if nothing shows up.

From what I read, David might be overwhelmed with orders, and having the occasional shipping problem, so I'm not too worried - just hope everything is going good on his side.
By StarkMarkV

Putting a more positive spin on things.

This, this is what we are here for.

It's videos like this that honestly keep me going lol. I know, it's a different kind of post but, like others have said, it will be worth it in the end.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 9th, 2023, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
tobycj, Ackbar, frankov liked this
By RealGhostbusterJay
I haven't ordered one from David but I have had bad experiences ordering full packs from others namely being Karnivourous Creations when he was "The Guy" once upon a time. For those who want to order a full pack from him but are hesitant due to this thread I would say simply. Hold off. It's obvious even if working his butt off to finish the packs that have been sitting there for years that adding to the line up only delays yours even further. Once he's caught up and shown he's good for what he's said he can do then it might be time to look at getting one. I would advise him however if he does make it through this with a sales base still intact that doing runs might be a better way to do it. open spots for 5 or ten packs etc. I haven't purchased anything from him, spoke about it in the past but after two horrid experiences with "pro built" pack makers I just don't want to see anyone loose money and also still want to see full pack makers in the hobby. Haslab packs are great but I still love the feeling of wearing my full prop one too.
Last edited by RealGhostbusterJay on June 30th, 2023, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Nighty80
GaudinosWheels wrote: June 25th, 2023, 2:56 am Are there any updates/progress for anyone currently waiting on this?
It’ll be two years for me as of 29/06; no recent updates and no sign of progress. I remain hopeful but we’ll see.
By shoesdontmatch
Unfortunately no, Nowhere else would you find so many paying customers so willing to sit in the dark for months with no updates or information of any kind on where their money went , we live in a time where if you order a pizza your sitting and watching the app to see where the delivery guy is after 10 mins and yet here we are most of us at 2 YEARS plus just sitting here with no idea where our delivery guy is ......... Just tell me what the hell is going on .......... We're ready to believe you ......... :sigh:
By StarkMarkV
It will be 2 years for me come this August. Nothing new for me sadly. Tried reaching out to him on insta and yeah, again, nothing. All I can do is be patient really.
By Bobdor
I didn't order a completed artisinal pack, I just ordered a shell kit. I am really curious how long just that is going to take. I was hoping 3-6 months, but no idea if that is a dream.
By NightshiftKnight
last contact I had was early this month.
I bought the 84 pack back on Nov 3rd 2021, with all metal, pop mech, charge plate, smoke and all extras.

last contact i had was on June 2nd saying that he would contact me the next day because he has alot going on. I know people can get busy and i know things happen. but it would put me and im sure well with others if jsut more comunication, more updates and know that we understand that things happen.

I hope to hear from him soon.
By Ackbar
I had contact with him at the beginning of the month. He apologized for the delay because he is very busy and suffers from an illness.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]