This pack will be my stunt pack. I'm repeating this mantra: minimal investment in modifications. (If Doug makes brackets I'll get those, otherwise some motherboard mounted to an ALICE frame) - I've got a lot of spare decals and greeblies, and a ribbon cable that I can toss onto this, but what this pack will do is keep my HasLab in its place on display so I can enjoy social outings as a buster with a full sized pack that I don't have to be concerned about. I was considering an EVA foam pack build for this purpose, but for $250 shipped to my door, it saves me a lot of time and effort.
Arch27, deadderek liked this
Overall I think this is a great pack and can't wait to do some simple cosmetic mods, though for casual use it does not really _need_ anything.
But who am I kidding, it definitely needs to be modded. :wink:

Maybe I missed this in the description, but here are some wand comments (just received my pack):

1 - 2 non-movie canon buttons on the wand control the lights /sounds
2 - power button (not any movie pack equivalent so at least it is black) starts powercell and cyclotron light pattern and plays a startup sound and then goes silent
3 - Pack lights stay on. (At least for 10 minutes, did not check if forever.)
4 - same power button then will play a shutdown sound and turn off the powercell and cyclotron lights
5 - Fire button is the slo blo "light"...
6 - Only light on the wand is the wand tip LED
7 - No movie accurate pushbuttons or toggle switches - molded parts that are kind-of similar to switches?!?
8 - Fire button is independent of pack lights on or off (you can fire without any powercell or cyclotron lights illuminated)
Last edited by Spongeface on April 24th, 2023, 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KingTorg wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:05 pm
VenomSymbiote wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:00 pmI've been spending a bit more than I feel I should lately so I'm going to pass on this. Maybe if it's around come Halloween, or next year. If I get a chance though I'm gonna hop on one these. I mean sure I have a Haslab pack and 3 other Spirit packs... you can't have too many packs, can you? :blush:
Yeah, I feel that. I've spent quite a bit recently modding my HasLab pack and buying a bunch of extras to enhance my flight suit, so I'm also going to pass on this one for the time being. My son was thinking about going as a Ghostbuster this Halloween but I already have an original Spirit pack for him to use, so I can't really justify spending the extra cash on this, cool as it is.
I caved and ordered one. I think after this I really, officially, 100% do not need any more Proton Packs.

Right?
oidoglr liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 1:08 pm
KingTorg wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:05 pm
Yeah, I feel that. I've spent quite a bit recently modding my HasLab pack and buying a bunch of extras to enhance my flight suit, so I'm also going to pass on this one for the time being. My son was thinking about going as a Ghostbuster this Halloween but I already have an original Spirit pack for him to use, so I can't really justify spending the extra cash on this, cool as it is.
I caved and ordered one. I think after this I really, officially, 100% do not need any more Proton Packs.

Right?
uh huh. sure.
VenomSymbiote liked this
jonogunn wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 5:26 pm
VenomSymbiote wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 1:08 pm

Right?
uh huh. sure.
Well if Spirit makes an RGB pack I may be tempted but outside of getting a million dollars and splurging on a full on replica I'm good with packs.
jonogunn liked this
Most of the imperfection don't bother me, because it's a cheap starting place, and I know that mod-builders have already started work. I will say there is one major disappointment however: the block behind that HGA if super-fugly. And that's going to be extremely difficult if not impossible to mod.
WraithTDK wrote: April 25th, 2023, 3:19 pm Most of the imperfection don't bother me, because it's a cheap starting place, and I know that mod-builders have already started work. I will say there is one major disappointment however: the block behind that HGA if super-fugly. And that's going to be extremely difficult if not impossible to mod.
I had someone print that corner on my original scaled Spirit pack for a more accurate HGA. If someone has done the Tacobelli cyclotron mod, they can handle this one also.
We are going to be releasing an ABS plastic motherboard and an aluminum motherboard for this Pack:

https://www.gbfans.com/shop/spirit-hall ... therboard/
AJ Quick wrote: May 24th, 2023, 11:48 am We are going to be releasing an ABS plastic motherboard and an aluminum motherboard for this Pack:

https://www.gbfans.com/shop/spirit-hall ... therboard/
You've piqued me interest.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]