So, I need a little advice.

I recently had a spell of good luck and was able to pick up LC-1 ALICE frame from a craigslist ad (ONLY $30!) and it happened to come with 3 (2 Lefts and 1 Right) accurate LC-1 shoulder straps with the V strap pattern. The first set of straps have aged and discolored a bit, looking less olive green and more gold/brown and they are a bit stiff and kind of uncomfortable to wear. The odd strap out was still olive green so I picked up the remaining right strap at a really good price, and they look great together. I'm very psyched that I now have a 98% accurate GB1 Pack!

Now, the whole reason I was looking for a ALICE frame was that I'm in the beginning stages of starting a GB2 pack and one of the things I wanted to do was make a set of Super Straps to go with it. Doing some research, it seems that the movie straps were made from LC-1 straps, which I now happen to have an extra set of. However, I know they're getting harder to find and I'm not sure if cutting them up would be the kosher thing to do.

However, I also have a set of the replica LC-1 straps from the GBFans store, and these are the ones that I have been using for a year now. They are comfortable, but putting them side by side, there's some things that don't quite match up to a O.G. set that no one but an obsessive weirdo like me might notice.

So I guess my question is this:

Which set of straps would you cut up to make a set of Super Straps?

1. An accurate pair of original LC-1 Straps, but have discolored over the years.
2. A replica pair of LC-1 straps that perfectly fine, but not as quite screen accurate.

I personally love the original LC-1 straps. I think the discolouration looks like the way the original props probably do now in their current state, and that's the kind of look I like in a Proton Pack, one that looks like the original prop, like it's been handled and damaged and sat in a display case under bright lights for 30 years, but is that the kind of look you're going for?

Do you want your pack to appear as though it has just stepped off the set on Day 1 of filming? In that case you might be better off with the replica set, also if you're planning on wearing it to conventions and things then comfort is an important factor.
J Man of DOOM liked this
For anyone who might still care, here is the final product.

Took about 3 hours of sewing (and 5 months of staring at all the supplies on my table) , but I think the final product looks and feels pretty good.

Thanks everyone for their opinions, certainly made the deconstruction process a bit easier to stomach.
tobycj liked this

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]