By csullivan1980
If there was one part of the proton pack I am obsessed with getting just right it is definitely the front grip.

When I build my first pack in 2015 I opted for the Throwing Chicken kit because I did not have the experience, right tools or funds for an all aluminum wand. Honestly for it being my first time I don't think it came out too badly.

A few years later, 2019, I decided to go back and correct some of the mistakes I made on my first version. This time I decided to give myself some upgrades with an aluminum tip, aluminum trigger tip, new acrylic tip and hat light with socket.

The wand has suited me well for the last eight years, but after doing a couple commissions the last few months it has inspired me to go back and rebuild my front grip again. This time around I've decided to make my front grip a combination of aluminum, resin and 3D printed parts. I am not going to rebuild my TC V3H rear grip or body as I am quite happy with them and want to focus on the front grip only.

Instead of reordering a new molded front grip from TC I've decided to build the grip completely from scratch using one of his leftover loose grips.

First part of the process was finding the appropriate/correct sized dimensions of the aluminum tubes to fit my body with the molded aluminum collar.

Here is what I found:

Rear Grip, Front Grip & Aluminum Collar (embedded in resin body): 1.25" OD x 0.058" Wall x 1.134" ID Aluminum Round Tube 6061-T6-Drawn-Part #: 7001 (via https://www.onlinemetals.com)

Inner Tube: 1.125" OD x 0.035 " Wall x 1.055" ID Aluminum Round Tube 6061-T6-Drawn 6061-T6-Drawn-Part #:7537 (via https://www.onlinemetals.com)

Emitter Tube:(Awaiting delivery to confirm measurements.)

I will post more as the parts come in. Looking forward to the final outcome.
Last edited by csullivan1980 on April 14th, 2023, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]