Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Since the GB4 news thread has sort of become a catch-all for both news and general speculation, perhaps it would make sense to have a less official "what would you like to see," "what do you think will happen?" and "wouldn't it be funny if..." thread for the sequel? Apologies if there's a similar thread that I missed somewhere, or if this belongs in a different area!

I, for one, would love for Podcast's podcast to be featured somewhere, with Ray as a guest. Could be a fun framing device or plot point for the movie, or a good marketing campaign for it.
jonogunn, BatDan, mrmichaelt liked this
Thats a great idea! however..we'd have to listen to 46 episodes to finally find its voice. :-P

Joking aside. thats an awesome marketing tactic. You could release the episodes on the Youtube page, have podcasts have guests like Ray and Grooberson on. I love when movies do that for the hype.

The new mario movie, released a working website for Mario Bros Plumbing. https://www.smbplumbing.com/
You can even call the number and luigi is on the answering machine. fun stuff.

With GB being a business as well..its time Ghost Corp create a fictional website for Ghostbusters Inc.

However..i know that in movie verse...The GB are no longer functional (as far as we know now). so you can make the website super dated and 90s. And have the number redirect you to Rays Occult Books.

Also...i said it before..but I'd like to see a return to some straight up horror into the mix. The terror dog scenes in GB1 and the heads on spikes in GB2.

Afterlife was a little lacking in the horror department...but dont get me wrong..it made up for it in great storytelling.

So i'd like Gil to tap into his Monster House and Poltergeist experiments and apply them to Ghostbusters. I mean if the film's working title is "Hells Kitchen" we gotta crank the horror to 11.
DancingToaster liked this
Afterlife's Terror Dogs & Ghost miner were a good horror up.
I also think Shandor getting ripped in half was in the humor horror vein.
Needless, more practical effects would up the horror because straight CGI just isn't scary. (There's a reason I'm still fearful of the Queen Alien as a full grown adult)

I'd like to see some GBTVG Easter eggs, like Rookie's pack, or pieces of it.

Some kinda Easter Egg to ATC via equip or a copy of Ghosts of Our Past.

Mostly, just have Agent Holtzman cameo (GB Prime's Holtzman from IDW) which would acknowledge everything in a single go. (Or the Interdimensional Portal busted in the background would do the same thing)

One thing that made IDW amazing (aside from the great writing and artistic style) was the endless Easter Eggs. The movies should do the same thing; I think Jason did hit on it some what in GBAL.
BatDan wrote: March 10th, 2023, 12:00 pm Thats a great idea! however..we'd have to listen to 46 episodes to finally find its voice. :-P

Joking aside. thats an awesome marketing tactic. You could release the episodes on the Youtube page, have podcasts have guests like Ray and Grooberson on. I love when movies do that for the hype.
Callie and Grooberson telling the dramatic story about how they saved the world from certain doom.[/quote]
BatDan wrote: March 10th, 2023, 12:00 pm The new mario movie, released a working website for Mario Bros Plumbing. https://www.smbplumbing.com/
You can even call the number and luigi is on the answering machine. fun stuff.

With GB being a business as well..its time Ghost Corp create a fictional website for Ghostbusters Inc.

However..i know that in movie verse...The GB are no longer functional (as far as we know now). so you can make the website super dated and 90s. And have the number redirect you to Rays Occult Books.
A 90s style website would be a fun idea. I really like the SMB stuff, including the Super Show tribute in the plumbing ad (along with the geographically weird map of Queens, focusing on somewhat obscure, yet real, neighborhoods with completely fake streets).
BatDan wrote: March 10th, 2023, 12:00 pm Also...i said it before..but I'd like to see a return to some straight up horror into the mix. The terror dog scenes in GB1 and the heads on spikes in GB2.

Afterlife was a little lacking in the horror department...but dont get me wrong..it made up for it in great storytelling.

So i'd like Gil to tap into his Monster House and Poltergeist experiments and apply them to Ghostbusters. I mean if the film's working title is "Hells Kitchen" we gotta crank the horror to 11.
I'm OK with the level of horror in GB1 and 2. Genuinely scary at times but tempered by the humor. GBA is generally milder, but the cold open is one of the freakiest and most jarring moments in the series.
joezlo wrote: I'd like to see some GBTVG Easter eggs, like Rookie's pack, or pieces of it.
Definitely! Or the employee of the month calendar :cool:
Ya Podcast and Pheobe really need to visit Ray’s bookstore. Interviewing him is a great idea. Ray needs to have scenes at the firehouse too of course.

I think it’d be funny if Ray had a jar of mood slime in his bookstore that he kept on the counter as a novelty item that was not for sale but you can talk to it.

Some kind of scene with a slime blower. Maybe Mr. Grooberson tries it on. I know the proton packs are heavy but they seem too big for Pheobe or Podcast.

I mentioned before a new cute ghost/creature. A counterpart to Stay Puft.

I’ve always wanted them to explain or at least brief us on the stuff on top of the car. This should have happened in the first movie. It doesn’t have to be a huge speech but give it’s purpose. I understand why they didn’t in Afterlife since they just discovered it. Now is the perfect time since they’ll be restoring it.

Other than that it’s hard to come up with a wishlist without knowing the plot.
jonogunn wrote: March 14th, 2023, 3:19 am
Mercifull wrote: March 14th, 2023, 3:15 am A 90s style website would be super cool. I'm reminded that the original Space Jam website is still online... https://www.spacejam.com/1996/
OH MY GOD that is a throwback! Any reason they kept it online after all this time?
I'm not sure its kinda bizarre really and until quite recently it was still at the root domain. It probably got moved to the 1996 folder when the sequel started development.
Things I want to see/have answered:

1) Is the Ecto-1 and the Ecto-1A the same car, or two separate cars. If they're the same car, why was it reverted back to Ecto-1 from Ecto-1A? If they're not the same car, where was the Ecto-1 during the events of Ghostbusters 2? Why did they keep it?

2) Was the HQ ever a Starbucks? Or was that more of a commentary on the change/gentrification of the neighborhood?

3) How was the Ecto Containment Unit able to remain operational from Ghostbusters 2 to the present day? Was it filled with ghosts this whole time? If not, where did the ghostbusters put the ghosts?

4) I want to see Grooberson be a full-fledged ghostbuster.

5) If Trevor and Lucky are in this movie, then make their characters have something meaningful to do.

6) What do the Spengler pack upgrades actually do?

7) How come ghosts don't just fly up into the atmosphere or go below ground to avoid being caught?

8) I want to see Winston lead a new team.

9) I want to see Ray and Phoebe conducting research and building new tech.
JonXCTrack wrote: March 14th, 2023, 11:38 am Things I want to see/have answered:

1) Is the Ecto-1 and the Ecto-1A the same car, or two separate cars. If they're the same car, why was it reverted back to Ecto-1 from Ecto-1A? If they're not the same car, where was the Ecto-1 during the events of Ghostbusters 2? Why did they keep it?

2) Was the HQ ever a Starbucks? Or was that more of a commentary on the change/gentrification of the neighborhood?

3) How was the Ecto Containment Unit able to remain operational from Ghostbusters 2 to the present day? Was it filled with ghosts this whole time? If not, where did the ghostbusters put the ghosts?

4) I want to see Grooberson be a full-fledged ghostbuster.

5) If Trevor and Lucky are in this movie, then make their characters have something meaningful to do.

6) What do the Spengler pack upgrades actually do?

7) How come ghosts don't just fly up into the atmosphere or go below ground to avoid being caught?

8) I want to see Winston lead a new team.

9) I want to see Ray and Phoebe conducting research and building new tech.
You ready for the here say? :

1) They are 2 separate cars

2) It was a java joint

3) Everything went to an offsite location paid for by Winston in ... Hell's Kitchen NJ - as originally written by Aykroyd in some previous GB draft!!!!

4) Rudd will get equipment, but fumble it

5) They will

6)Nothing but look cool

7) Requires too much ectoplasmic energy

8) He will

9) They will

Just my thoughts. Probably wrong.
Was thinking if the containment unit really is at the center or part of the story and a new one is needed...would be cool if the new one looked similar to the one in RGB. Could definitely see that be one of the final scenes as everyone is cleaning up and around the firehouse or it reopens for business. Winston has the money to finance it and Ray and Phoebe have to go back and make a bigger and better ECU than Egon did.
Kingpin, DancingToaster, deadderek and 1 others liked this
gbraider82 wrote: March 16th, 2023, 2:39 pm Was thinking if the containment unit really is at the center or part of the story and a new one is needed...would be cool if the new one looked similar to the one in RGB. Could definitely see that be one of the final scenes as everyone is cleaning up and around the firehouse or it reopens for business. Winston has the money to finance it and Ray and Phoebe have to go back and make a bigger and better ECU than Egon did.
I think the ECU has somthing to do with the plot, too. I mean, why bother to show it at the end of GB:A? That was a hint of what is to come. I think the ECU is going to be too full and they are going to explore dumping the ghosts into some kind of portal to another dimension, and that will not go as planned. The other possibility, as I see it, is that having that much PKE stored inside a small space, serves as some kind of catalyst for a bigger problem. Maybe it merges to become a major threat. Maybe it serves as a beacon to a larger threat. Something like that anyway.
I think with either scenario, the city government isn't going to be too happy with the GB's and will put the sole blame on them since the containment unit was something they created.

Outside of this being a major blockbuster hit, I'm expecting...even with the "passing of the torch" for this to be the last live action GB film for quite some time. I would expect Jason to eventually go back to making his own films (while still producing most of the GB animated films/cartoons to come out and same with Gil Kenan. Going to make the leap that if they try to do another live action with them just producing and not writing or directing, the quality of the movie will take a hit.
gbraider82 wrote: March 16th, 2023, 2:39 pm Was thinking if the containment unit really is at the center or part of the story and a new one is needed...would be cool if the new one looked similar to the one in RGB. Could definitely see that be one of the final scenes as everyone is cleaning up and around the firehouse or it reopens for business. Winston has the money to finance it and Ray and Phoebe have to go back and make a bigger and better ECU than Egon did.
I always wanted to know what the containment unit looked like around GB2. In the scripts there's references to it but we never actually get to see it on screen or even mentioned.
I think Medjuck & Gross advised against showing the containment unit in GB2 to prevent cartoon comparisons.
(As well as half the original treatments presented for GB 2 which had already been done in the cartoon)
At risk of repeating myself - I’d love them to use the idea of the containment unit as a pocket dimension they themselves can access. And which they can enter in a kind of space suit.
I think it should look like the Spirits Unleashed unit. That thing looks insane, needs to be built.
Rookie99 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 12:23 pm The one thing I really want in GB 4, or any future movie or story, is a human villain. You can't (legally) solve that problem by shooting a proton stream at it.
Anything is legal so long as you don't get caught... or leave witnesses....
Rookie99 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 12:23 pm The one thing I really want in GB 4, or any future movie or story, is a human villain. You can't (legally) solve that problem by shooting a proton stream at it.
Easy strat, just shoot a proton stream at him (Anatoli Bugorski reference) until he dies, then trap his ghost.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]