Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
The video shows it running without pausing or restarting. If it is technically restarting then it's not noticeable to either the eye or ear. I think it's more like tricking the pack to think a button on the wand has been pressed. This modification does not prevent the auto shutdown of the wand itself.
jonogunn, gamera1968 liked this
Mercifull wrote: February 9th, 2023, 3:40 am It loads for me. Maybe you were logged out?
Yes, I wasn't logged in. Weird. Now it played.
Mercifull wrote: February 10th, 2023, 3:06 am The instructions have been posted:

This is great! Thank you so much.
I just ordered the 2 main parts from Amazon and they'll arrive sometime next week.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble finding the proper resistors, as shown in your photos.
Any help for an electronics noob would be greatly appreciated.
I can solder and follow basic written instructions, but sourcing the exact resistors is a bit much. Thanks!!
Just get a selection box of resistors. Shouldn’t cost you more than 10 for like 600 resistors or various types. Amazon or eBay deliver to you fast.

The body colour of the resistor just indicate the type of core, either metal oxide film (1-2% tolerance) or carbon film (5% tolerance). Either type will work.

The important thing is that you get 47 and 470 ohm resistors. Don’t worry about sourcing the exact types in the images.
Last edited by Mercifull on February 12th, 2023, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamera1968 liked this
For example these hypothetically different resistors, one with 4 stripes and one with 5 are the same value despite looking different. One could have a beige body, one could be green. Doesn’t really matter for this project.
https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/resources/ ... color-code
gamera1968 liked this
Mercifull wrote: February 12th, 2023, 12:25 am Just get a selection box of resistors. Shouldn’t cost you more than 10 for like 600 resistors or various types. Amazon or eBay deliver to you fast.

The body colour of the resistor just indicate the type of core, either metal oxide film (1-2% tolerance) or carbon film (5% tolerance). Either type will work.

The important thing is that you get 47 and 470 ohm resistors. Don’t worry about sourcing the exact types in the images.
Much thanks clearing that up.
Also, are the resistors marked positive and negative?
Sorry about the noob questions!!
Generally it’s good practice to put your resistors all going the same direction (I.e gold stripe on the left) but it doesn’t actually matter which way around they go.
gamera1968 liked this
jonogunn wrote: February 12th, 2023, 3:53 am Can anyone confirm the official pan head bolt sizes for the afterlife pack? I think Adam savage said they are 10-24’s. If that is accurate would that apply to the bumper as well?

The bumper is tricky, if you go too big you will mess up the brackets that slide into the side of the cyclotron.

Here's a link to what I used and they fit really good. If you look at the screen used pack, you'll notice that they are actually silver panhead screws and brass washer with black pain on them.

https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 9#p4977949
Mercifull wrote: February 12th, 2023, 2:54 am Generally it’s good practice to put your resistors all going the same direction (I.e gold stripe on the left) but it doesn’t actually matter which way around they go.
Thank you very much - I really do appreciate it.

Here, you earned it. :crunch:

Edit: Digi-key.com has the resistors - it just took me a few minutes to find them!

470 Ohm 1/4W

47 Ohm 1/4W

Installed! Once I figured out how to program the timer, it seems to work as advertised.
My big problem is that the main board for the pack is fiddly as hell - feels like the soldering was poorly done. A slight bump to the board causes an interruption in power. I have a support ticket in with Hasbro, but I doubt they're going to do anything about it - I may just need to resolder the entire board.
gamera1968 liked this
gamera1968 wrote: February 11th, 2023, 8:13 pm
Mercifull wrote: February 10th, 2023, 3:06 am The instructions have been posted:
I have all the necessary parts and I'll be doing the mod tonight, finallyI :)
However, the timer module didn't have any instructions included.

So, how do I make the needed settings on the timer module?
Last edited by Kingpin on February 17th, 2023, 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.Reason: Fixed quote coding
Everything installed and works like a charm!

My only issue is finding a battery that’s small enough to fit in the battery compartment, but I may just cut the ‘container’ away and leave just enough for the door to screw in place.

Also - make sure if you buy a USB battery, it doesn’t have an idle shutoff like mine does.
Dear all

This is my first post. I am a pretty newbie.

I was wondering does anyone have this issue?

I connect my wand to my pack. When I fire up my wand, after hitting the 1st, 2nd and 3rd switch it works fine.

Then sometimes I noticed then when I do it again, when I hit the 3rd switch, it powers down the wand and then powers down the pack as well.

Not sure why that is happening. The 3rd switch just power off the wand and then proceed to power down pack

Worried I got a defective pack :(

Help me GB fans. You are my only hope
jangos_head wrote: February 26th, 2023, 8:33 am Dear all

This is my first post. I am a pretty newbie.

I was wondering does anyone have this issue?

I connect my wand to my pack. When I fire up my wand, after hitting the 1st, 2nd and 3rd switch it works fine.

Then sometimes I noticed then when I do it again, when I hit the 3rd switch, it powers down the wand and then powers down the pack as well.

Not sure why that is happening. The 3rd switch just power off the wand and then proceed to power down pack

Worried I got a defective pack :(

Help me GB fans. You are my only hope
If you haven’t already, try fresh batteries
Nighty80 wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:02 am That looks great!
Do you have an Alice frame on your pack? Really tempted by one of these (assuming at some point I take it off long enough to display 😂)
Yes, it does have an ALICE Frame on it. Have noticed though, the pack slides slightly forward over a period of time and the N-Filter starts pressing against the glass on the door. I can push the pack back and it gives about an inch clearance, but the pack will slide forward again. It doesn't press hard enough against the glass to cause concern of it breaking, but I'm thinking of putting something (some type of skid resistant tape) under the stand to prevent the pack from sliding forward.
Nighty80 liked this
Hey Dragonfire, would there be a way to display the pack with wand attached in the display case? Or is the pack too wide with the wand attached? I guess it will only fit if you remove the top shelf. Wish IKEA would have worked in more slots to have the glass bottom set higher. I'm considering the Fabrikör myself for display, but really wanna display it with the wand on it.
Ecto24601 wrote: March 27th, 2023, 2:19 pm Hey Dragonfire, would there be a way to display the pack with wand attached in the display case? Or is the pack too wide with the wand attached? I guess it will only fit if you remove the top shelf. Wish IKEA would have worked in more slots to have the glass bottom set higher. I'm considering the Fabrikör myself for display, but really wanna display it with the wand on it.
Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to by any way to have the wand holstered. Even if you were able to fit the pack in the cabinet with the wand holstered, the stiff “rebreather hose” wouldn’t allow for the pack to fit.
Ecto24601 liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]