GBKid1984 wrote: February 13th, 2023, 5:04 pm Mr. Burkit, are you still planning to do a build thread chronicling your processes?
I am not sure if I will or not. My pack has been done since October of last year at this point. I have a lot of photos of my build in this research thread, so I do not know if any service could be had if I had a specific build thread .
mburkit wrote: August 1st, 2021, 10:55 am Next set of parts.

JMF 3/8" x 1/4" Compression Union
(You need 1 of these on the left of the EDA)

NOTE: The Legris straights on the pack were replaced with JMF 1/8" x 1/4" Compression Union. I don't have these on hand yet to share photos of.
OK so the 1/8x1/4 compression union doesn't exist. 1/8 is to small for the red hose. 1/8 is 3.18mm the hose size is 4mm. This is why they use the smc 4mm. 4mm hose will need 5/32 fitting. You can find this on gbfans.com
Last edited by Kingpin on February 27th, 2023, 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.Reason: Removed unnecessarily quoted content.
Iamreadytobelieve wrote: February 26th, 2023, 1:07 pm
OK so the 1/8x1/4 compression union doesn't exist. 1/8 is to small for the red hose. 1/8 is 3.18mm the hose size is 4mm. This is why they use the smc 4mm. 4mm hose will need 5/32 fitting. You can find this on gbfans.com
They do exist as I have some of them. But you are correct that they were the wrong size. The reason I originally went with that size was due to photo scaling. I did end up finding some 5/32 fittings that are currently on my pack.
Iamreadytobelieve wrote: I was wondering what size diameter hose did you use and how long. Did you use a stencil on your hose? Any help would be appreciated thanks
There was an individual in one of the facebook groups I belong to that ended up replicating that specific hose. I'd have to pull my pack out of storage to measure the outer diameter of the hosing for you.
mburkit wrote: February 26th, 2023, 6:51 pm
Iamreadytobelieve wrote: February 26th, 2023, 1:07 pm
They do exist as I have some of them. But you are correct that they were the wrong size. The reason I originally went with that size was due to photo scaling. I did end up finding some 5/32 fittings that are currently on my pack.
Iamreadytobelieve wrote: I was wondering what size diameter hose did you use and how long. Did you use a stencil on your hose? Any help would be appreciated thanks
There was an individual in one of the facebook groups I belong to that ended up replicating that specific hose. I'd have to pull my pack out of storage to measure the outer diameter of the hosing for you.
Hey I went to a plumbing and hydraulic hose store in one! I measured the proton pack side fittings and have settled on 3/16 brass fittings. This is larger and looks right! The red hose is still able to fix inside with a bit of room. The opening is a bit bigger than 4.5mm. This .188 of an inch
I am assuming you want to change the screws on the bumper and bottom of the pack...plus the one by the metal v hook. I used 1/4-20 3/8 worked well. I used a 7/32 drill bit before screwing the 1/4-20 in. The screws will cut in and hold without glue! If you need reference video look for proton pack is not a toy on YouTube! He is awesome and in the comments is the better screw size to use not what he used.
Iamreadytobelieve wrote: February 27th, 2023, 9:27 pm I am assuming you want to change the screws on the bumper and bottom of the pack...plus the one by the metal v hook. I used 1/4-20 3/8 worked well. I used a 7/32 drill bit before screwing the 1/4-20 in. The screws will cut in and hold without glue! If you need reference video look for proton pack is not a toy on YouTube! He is awesome and in the comments is the better screw size to use not what he used.
Yah I am but I’ve seen conflicting info on whether to use 1/4-20 or 10-32. Mack’s factory uses 10-32 and they are basing it off the super hero pack but I know the gb1 hero pack uses 1/4-20 socket caps. So I dunno
jonogunn wrote: February 27th, 2023, 11:59 pm
Iamreadytobelieve wrote: February 27th, 2023, 9:27 pm I am assuming you want to change the screws on the bumper and bottom of the pack...plus the one by the metal v hook. I used 1/4-20 3/8 worked well. I used a 7/32 drill bit before screwing the 1/4-20 in. The screws will cut in and hold without glue! If you need reference video look for proton pack is not a toy on YouTube! He is awesome and in the comments is the better screw size to use not what he used.
Yah I am but I’ve seen conflicting info on whether to use 1/4-20 or 10-32. Mack’s factory uses 10-32 and they are basing it off the super hero pack but I know the gb1 hero pack uses 1/4-20 socket caps. So I dunno
This is what Mine look like Image
Iamreadytobelieve wrote: February 28th, 2023, 8:43 pm
jonogunn wrote: February 27th, 2023, 11:59 pm

This is what Mine look like
And that's 1/4-20 with #10 washers?
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

mburkit wrote: August 1st, 2021, 10:43 am Okay, time for some close ups of the parts.

Flexo PET - 1/2" - PTN0.50YB

Neutrik NAC3FX-W

Neutrik NAC3MPX
(Before modification)

(After modification)

Neutrik NAC3FX-W and Neutrik NAC3MPX connected

Herbert Cooper 35" Mask Scuba Rebreather HC36S M25A1 Oxygen Hose

Heinemann Electric 70-592A Circuit Breaker 1Amp 115v

Leviton 15 amp Single-Pole Toggle Light Switch
(All ready chopped up, painted with fiberglass rod attached to mimic the Heinemann Circuit Breaker)
For the people who are interested I have found the neutrik NAC3FX-W and neutrik NAC3MPX on ebay
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/115627786980?ep ... BMtpmt4dNh

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/295547319843
Does anyone know what is the correct name of the JST two pin connector.... for example jst ph 2 pin. I would like to put in the talentcell and want to purchase the connector and usb and wire it up myself. I just don't see the point in paying an increased price for something so simple.I just may have to open it up and take a look.
Iamreadytobelieve wrote: March 17th, 2023, 11:51 am How did you wire up the neutrik NAC3MPX to the wand??? Did you use and modified the battery tray. Or did you just opened up the wand and wired it up that way?
My pack is not a Haslab pack. Mine is made the same way the ones for the film were made. My wand is fully aluminum made by the same person that made them for the film. I also created my own electronics.
mburkit wrote: March 21st, 2023, 10:36 am
Iamreadytobelieve wrote: March 17th, 2023, 11:51 am How did you wire up the neutrik NAC3MPX to the wand??? Did you use and modified the battery tray. Or did you just opened up the wand and wired it up that way?
My pack is not a Haslab pack. Mine is made the same way the ones for the film were made. My wand is fully aluminum made by the same person that made them for the film. I also created my own electronics.
Thank you!
mgsrex08 wrote: May 18th, 2023, 8:44 pm What screws are used on the trigger box of the Afterlife thrower? On the Haslab thrower, they look like some kind of hex screws but I’m building a thrower and want to know the exact size and type of screw they are.
They're definitely socket cap screws. They look pretty small, so probably 4-40.
mburkit liked this
Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]