Quick update, looks like the github page will be set public sometime this weekend. Everything is working smoothly for me and the other collaborators and testers. I quickly added a gb2 mode toggle for the pack in the code so it plays gb2 pack sounds instead, and redid the cyclotron leds, so they have a fade effect, which can be turned off or adjusted by the user in the code as well. I just finish test fitting a inner cyclotron stl i quickly made up and it fits, it will be included as well for people to print.

crisisfilms, Peeno, jonogunn and 4 others liked this
gpstar wrote: March 17th, 2023, 11:47 am Quick update, looks like the github page will be set public sometime this weekend. Everything is working smoothly for me and the other collaborators and testers. I quickly added a gb2 mode toggle for the pack in the code so it plays gb2 pack sounds instead, and redid the cyclotron leds, so they have a fade effect, which can be turned off or adjusted by the user in the code as well. I just finish test fitting a inner cyclotron stl i quickly made up and it fits, it will be included as well for people to print.

Truly phenomenal work!! I'm lucky that I can solder, but you have completely redone the electronics and made a "working" inner cyclotron. Color me impressed.

Here, you... you earned it :crunch:
Yanks1023 liked this
Hi gpstar,

after doing a lot of reserch, i have noticed that in afterlife, the led near the vent it's light up when the gun it's on.

Prior to this research, I had focused on the backpack test scene, I have now rewatched all the scenes where the backpack appears and I noticed that both on phoebe's gun and on Rey, Winstone and Peter's, that light goes on and stays on.

Forgive me if i didn't notice it sooner, but every time i watch that scene i cry like a baby.

I don't know why at the beginning of the film that light isn't on and then yes, maybe they changed something along the way.
Initially I thought it was the sunlight during the test that did not allow to see the led on but then I checked during the scene inside the shed and it was off there too.

have a nice day
gpstar liked this
Luca Pasin wrote: March 19th, 2023, 1:31 am Hi gpstar,

after doing a lot of reserch, i have noticed that in afterlife, the led near the vent it's light up when the gun it's on.

Prior to this research, I had focused on the backpack test scene, I have now rewatched all the scenes where the backpack appears and I noticed that both on phoebe's gun and on Rey, Winstone and Peter's, that light goes on and stays on.

Forgive me if i didn't notice it sooner, but every time i watch that scene i cry like a baby.

I don't know why at the beginning of the film that light isn't on and then yes, maybe they changed something along the way.
Initially I thought it was the sunlight during the test that did not allow to see the led on but then I checked during the scene inside the shed and it was off there too.

have a nice day
Ok thanks for the info.

I am just finishing up last bugs before setting the repository public, then I will get back onto the 84 mode wand mods after that.
Luca Pasin liked this
gpstar wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:30 pm The GitHub page is public now. Big shout out to JustinDustin for the testing and contributions on the instructions, schematic etc etc.

https://github.com/gpstar81/haslab-proton-pack

HOORAY! Congratulations and thank you opportunity to beta test and assist. I’m in awe of the work by this community at large and very happy to contribute whatever I could to the cause. The undertaking to get the software to the state it’s at was no small feat by you and I am so happy with all the features that have been baked into this from the start. My pack is now everything I had hoped for from Hasbro, as now it is truly a modder’s paradise.
jonogunn, gpstar, Nighty80 and 1 others liked this
Heya guys. Fantastic work getting this refined into a working system that can be modded to taste.
I was going through the BoM from the Git again tonight, and noticed that there is no mention of amps or speakers. The schematics don't show them either.
I watched JustinDustin's video, and he mentions running a separate amp from the WAV Trigger in the pack. Can we get that added to the Git info as an option? I heard that the wand speaker is running directly off of the WavTrigger, but I'm interested in what was used on the pack side and how that was wired.
gpstar liked this
dankramer1138 wrote: March 20th, 2023, 2:20 am Heya guys. Fantastic work getting this refined into a working system that can be modded to taste.
I was going through the BoM from the Git again tonight, and noticed that there is no mention of amps or speakers. The schematics don't show them either.
I watched JustinDustin's video, and he mentions running a separate amp from the WAV Trigger in the pack. Can we get that added to the Git info as an option? I heard that the wand speaker is running directly off of the WavTrigger, but I'm interested in what was used on the pack side and how that was wired.
In my setup I am running the stock Hasbro wand speaker off the Wav Trigger onboard mono amp (the speaker +/- pins on the the board). In the pack I am using a 12V amp with 2x 4" speakers from the 3.5mm stereo jack on the Wav Trigger.

JustinDustin has just added a sound page on the site, which should have all the answers you seek.

https://github.com/gpstar81/haslab-prot ... n/SOUND.md
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

gpstar wrote: March 12th, 2023, 3:13 pm
Luca Pasin wrote: March 12th, 2023, 11:35 am a 5mm flat top wide angle ultra bright wite probably is the best choice

like this: https://www.amazon.com/500pcs-5mm-Angle ... B00JEGVSE8 (just for example)

to power this led, i suggest you to replace the original 3 cable flat with a 5 cable flat (better if it's light grey) and run the 2 more cable on top of the led bar and fix the led at the end of the bar.
something like this
Ok. I will use a wide angle flat top white led.
Starting to get around to this. Here is what a wide angle flat top LED looks like in a cut opened flash bulb.

Here is what it's like running a wire along the inside of the Wand Barrel LEDs. As long as the wire is on the edge and not overlapping the LEDs, it should be ok.

Now to find a mounting solution for the flash bulb and last LED.
Luca Pasin liked this
gpstar wrote: March 22nd, 2023, 6:00 am
gpstar wrote: March 12th, 2023, 3:13 pm

Ok. I will use a wide angle flat top white led.
Starting to get around to this. Here is what a wide angle flat top LED looks like in a cut opened flash bulb.

Here is what it's like running a wire along the inside of the Wand Barrel LEDs. As long as the wire is on the edge and not overlapping the LEDs, it should be ok.

Doing some test fitting, I am thinking of cutting off the end of the led strip that is unused, then 3d printing a spacer to go on the end of the strip which sits on the end of the inner white tube. That spacer then will hold the flash bulb with the flat top led in it. The little mounting spacer for holding the bulb then will hopefully be hidden underneath the ring on the end of the tube.
Darren Carnall liked this
Thank you. I hadn't seen his separate Git page for that. My brain has a terrible time understanding the Git system. To me, it just looks like a mess. I just download the latest and hope I have what I need.
gpstar wrote: March 20th, 2023, 6:15 am
dankramer1138 wrote: March 20th, 2023, 2:20 am Heya guys. Fantastic work getting this refined into a working system that can be modded to taste.
In my setup I am running the stock Hasbro wand speaker off the Wav Trigger onboard mono amp (the speaker +/- pins on the the board). In the pack I am using a 12V amp with 2x 4" speakers from the 3.5mm stereo jack on the Wav Trigger.

JustinDustin has just added a sound page on the site, which should have all the answers you seek.

https://github.com/gpstar81/haslab-prot ... n/SOUND.md
Mr. Star,

I was curious what role the MEGA shield plays in your mod. Is there any way you can post more pictures of your finalized mod? Particularly of the MEGA and Nanos? Also most of your pictures still show the stock wand and pack pcbs yet the description on the github page describes this mod as replacing the stock pcbs. Are they still needed or not?
GreatGambino wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 9:31 am Mr. Star,

I was curious what role the MEGA shield plays in your mod. Is there any way you can post more pictures of your finalized mod? Particularly of the MEGA and Nanos? Also most of your pictures still show the stock wand and pack pcbs yet the description on the github page describes this mod as replacing the stock pcbs. Are they still needed or not?
The stock controllers are removed entirely.

You can see the wand photos with everything stacked here:
https://github.com/gpstar81/haslab-prot ... nt-fitment

The protoshield for the Mega, I just use it to solder my wires onto it, as a stock Arduino Mega has headers on it, which you can not solder onto it. If you can find a Mega without headers, then you can just solder directly onto the board itself.
I will add some more photos onto the pack page.

I think JustinDustin is wiring into the headers on his Mega board itself and bypassing using a protoshield
kahuna900 liked this
Hi folks, I’m happy to share a new feature just implemented by gpstar in the pack software: support for addressable RGB LED’s within the cyclotron lid. Since the lid already has the power, ground, and data wires for turning the stock LED’s on or off, we’ve proven that any a Neopixel or similar RGB device can be used and change colors in accordance with the video game modes toggled by the wand. For my implementation I used a 40-pixel ring which fits perfectly within the 4 lenses and can be oriented to appear nearly identical to the stock LED’s. Check out the new walkthrough video below for more details and explanation.

jonogunn, gpstar liked this
jonogunn wrote: March 26th, 2023, 7:07 am ^so does the 40 ring connect to the arduino independent of the existing leds?
This reuses the available connections on the lid (the pogo pins) for power (red), data (yellow), and ground (black). In my case I had cut the existing wires from those connections and soldered new wires to the circuit board on the lid to connect to the ring. It is important to leave the brown wire as this triggers the lid removal detection.
gpstar wrote: March 22nd, 2023, 11:46 am
gpstar wrote: March 22nd, 2023, 6:00 am

Doing some test fitting, I am thinking of cutting off the end of the led strip that is unused, then 3d printing a spacer to go on the end of the strip which sits on the end of the inner white tube. That spacer then will hold the flash bulb with the flat top led in it. The little mounting spacer for holding the bulb then will hopefully be hidden underneath the ring on the end of the tube.
Getting back to this again. The second wand is gutted. Made a hole for the top hat light and mounted it.

Going to have work on 3D printing a mounting solution for the Bargraph next.
kahuna900 liked this
This project still continues to floor me.
The replacement of the lights in the Cyclotron lid with the 40 pixel ring is just beautiful. I am so adding that.

I'm glad I planned to do my wand after the pack was done. I want all the delightfully geeky functionality you can stuff in there gpstar. If you want to add a bubble machine, I'm into it.
Yanks1023 liked this
dankramer1138 wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 12:26 am This project still continues to floor me.
The replacement of the lights in the Cyclotron lid with the 40 pixel ring is just beautiful. I am so adding that.

I'm glad I planned to do my wand after the pack was done. I want all the delightfully geeky functionality you can stuff in there gpstar. If you want to add a bubble machine, I'm into it.
I am almost finished with additional optional wand features that can be user toggled in the code to use them or not.

2 additional LEDs under 2 more hat lights: wand tip and top rear of the gun box. (optional)
1 wide angle flat top led on the wand barrel tip (optional)
28 segment bargraph for the wand bargraph replacement (compatible with the 5 wand power levels and menu system) (optional)

And of course a new 84 wand mode with all the features mentioned earlier by Luca.

I am just working now on mounting solutions for the bargraph.
That's bargraph is looking really good. I've got a couple of those bargraphs and the breakout boards for them laying around so I'm looking forward to seeing how you roll it into the project.

I'm progressing on building this myself. The pack part has been fun. The wand, oof. I have everything functional, although how it's ever going back in will be interesting. I'll probably have to do some rework to organize it all better but seeing it all work is a good feeling. I've built some other electronic projects before but this has been a damn good challenge.
Yanks1023 liked this
Shoop64 wrote: April 4th, 2023, 4:38 pm That's bargraph is looking really good. I've got a couple of those bargraphs and the breakout boards for them laying around so I'm looking forward to seeing how you roll it into the project.

I'm progressing on building this myself. The pack part has been fun. The wand, oof. I have everything functional, although how it's ever going back in will be interesting. I'll probably have to do some rework to organize it all better but seeing it all work is a good feeling. I've built some other electronic projects before but this has been a damn good challenge.
If it helps, there's an STL file for the wand called the "inner wire box" to help with wrangling the wiring and protecting it all from the pop mechanism. That final fitting of all the parts inside the closed gun box is definitely a challenge for sure. I'm also loving this bargraph mod but dreading a re-do of the electronics--but for that I'd love for someone to first take the circuit designs and make a PCB that can handle JST-PH headers so everything could become plug-n-play :)
gpstar liked this
I have been playing with different mounting solutions for the wand over the last week and the inner mounting box seems to be the best way to go, and putting the wav trigger on the bottom of the inside wand box like you did. I am about to start soldering up a second wand with the 28 segment bargraph and I am thinking of soldering a Nano with headers directly onto the a 1/4 breadboard and mount it like this.
JustinDustin wrote: April 7th, 2023, 4:35 am
If it helps, there's an STL file for the wand called the "inner wire box" to help with wrangling the wiring and protecting it all from the pop mechanism. That final fitting of all the parts inside the closed gun box is definitely a challenge for sure. I'm also loving this bargraph mod but dreading a re-do of the electronics--but for that I'd love for someone to first take the circuit designs and make a PCB that can handle JST-PH headers so everything could become plug-n-play :)
Maybe we can enlist the help of Spongeface/Ghostlab42? Definitely knows his way around a circuit board.
gpstar liked this
Shoop64 wrote: April 10th, 2023, 9:14 am I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but I can't get the copy of Savin the day in the github to play without running through audacity and re-exporting it. It works once I do that.
hmm thanks for the heads up. I will re-export it and re-add it to the repo.

Meanwhile I hope to wrap up assembling this second wand with the 28 segment bargraph and extra LEDs sometime this week. I am pretty satisfied with the mounting solution for the 28 segment bargraph. Just a few minor tweaks needed.
Shoop64, Luca Pasin, SP Productions and 1 others liked this
Hi gpstar

i want to share with you these 2 sounds to use as ribbon cable alarm, just to have difference from the vent sound

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nsu20dghzdcq ... lt5qa?dl=0

and now 2 questions:

whit the last mod (1984 gun) you can use 28 segment or original too?

is it possible to have the 1984 version whit all the features but whit the afterlife gun sounds?

have a nice day!!
Luca Pasin wrote: April 11th, 2023, 7:46 am Hi gpstar

i want to share with you these 2 sounds to use as ribbon cable alarm, just to have difference from the vent sound

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nsu20dghzdcq ... lt5qa?dl=0

and now 2 questions:

whit the last mod (1984 gun) you can use 28 segment or original too?

is it possible to have the 1984 version whit all the features but whit the afterlife gun sounds?

have a nice day!!
Hello Luca,

Thanks for the sounds, I will update the ribbon alarm cable with them.

So for the 84 wand mod. There is really a few different things here that I am breaking it down into user options that can be toggled on/off in the top of the code.

-28 segment bargraph
-2 additional hatlights + wand tip led.
-Changing the function of the wand tip button to work as a alternate firing that you mentioned, and or cross the streams when pressing it + the intensify button at the same time.

The 28 segment bargraph can be user toggled enabled in the top of the code to use, instead of using the 5 LED hasbro bargraph. The code for it is up on the repo already though not merged yet into the main branch.

The 2 additional hatlights + want tip led, can only work if you enable the 28 segment bargraph option. This is because of the lack of pins on the Arduino Nano. When using the 28 segment bargraph, it will free up 3 additional pins, which can be used for those 3 additional lights. This will be able to be toggled by the user in a flag at the top of the code as well if they want to enable it.

Wand tip button, what normally changes the firing modes and entering the wand menu system, this will be user toggled to function like how you described, alternate firing and crossing the streams. I am thinking of ways to enable this back and forth from this function and the video game firing mode functions through the wand menu system as well.

For the last question, yes you will be able to use these features in both 84 and 2021 afterlife modes.
Luca Pasin liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]