For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By sakis720
Hi, in this playlist you can see all of the beta cutscenes of Ghostbusters TVG that also includes all of the old CGI cutscenes. All of this cutscenes where found in the "23rd March Beta Build", most of the "Infernal Engine" cutscenes have notes from the developers

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UtRSbPHrW4
Last edited by sakis720 on March 18th, 2023, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbritton, Kingpin, mrmichaelt and 2 others liked this
These are great! The majority of the additional dialogue in these is lovely GB business and it's a real shame that we lost a big chunk of that in the polish. It doesn't all land - Venkman dropping Ilyssa still feels a bit too Loony Tunes - but by and large it seems there was some lovely stuff that went by the wayside.
sakis720 liked this
By mrmichaelt
Looks like Jason from GB News was able to stitch the beta cutscenes together into one 20 minute video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy68k1YiPOs

Some of the major differences I spotted were:
1. The commercial includes
-Egon laying on the hood of Ecto-1b in a pose saying "Serving all your supernatural elimination needs 24 hours a day" right before everyone says "Ghostbusters! We're ready to believe you! - a line he said in the Stylized Version, too.
-When Peter mentions franchises, the No-Ghost logo is on the back of his flightsuit. In the final version, there is no logo on his back.
-The 1991 timestamp is not present.
-There is a wide shot of the security guard in the monitoring station.
-Russell has an extra line of "If you're dressed as Atilla the Hun again, I'm going to smack you" like in the Stylized version.

2. The "Stay Puft in Times Square" includes an extra scene. Between Ray saying "Times Square, post-urban renewal. All shiny and clean. I love it!" and Peter saying "Say, is that him?", Peter reminisces about the old Times Square having bars, adult shops, and bookstores and wonders where they all went. Winston answers "New Jersey." Peter makes a mental note to go over there.

3. The opening cutscene of Museum of (Super)Natural History starts with the unnamed reporter from a cutscene in Panic in Times Square, he has is named Harrison Twysack, reports live from the museum gala. It is on a TV on the first floor of the Firehouse. The Ghostbusters pile into Ecto-1b and drive off for the museum.

4. In the "Museum Party" cutscene:
-Before Peter jokes "Why do the good ones always play hard to get?", he says "Boys, what can I say, I get up for girls that get up."
-There is a shot of the Beauty Queen Ghost before she flies down and possesses Walter Peck. The possessed Peck does some ballet moves before talking in gibberish

5. In the "Black Slime Chairman" cutscene, after Peter's kiss with Ilyssa is interrupted, he drops her/shoves her onto the floor. She is naturally upset about it. In the final version, she remains standing the whole time.

6. In the opening cutscene of Lost Island Rising there is an additional scene between Egon explaining they are after the final node and Peter saying he's not seeing anything
-After Egon states they're there to shut the final node down, Winston points out they're in the middle of the Hudson River -Ray goes on about how it hardly took any work to keep Marine Ecto-8 on top of the water again and reminds them he kept saying Marine Ecto-8 would come in handy. Peter quips, "Sure you did, Ray." Then like in the final version Peter puts on the goggles, notes to Egon there's nothing then the island rises.
--Ray's line appears at the start of the Stylized version of the cutscene.
-Peter has 1 extra line saying "You want me to come along?" before he claims he was just trying to make a nice gesture, just like in the Stylized version, and states he can't wait to run headlong into danger.

7. The opening cutscene of Central Park Cemetery starts with an overhead shot of Ecto-1b driving down the street with a multitude of ghosts flying behind them as Winston drives into the park and avoids rising gravestones. These are the ghosts pulled into the mausoleum.

8. The Ghostbusters cross the streams in the mausoleum and blast Ivo Shandor, in his Destructor form that looks a tad different, into a portal. When Walter Peck demands to be freed, Peter says "That's our cue. It is officially our time to go" before they leave it up to Rookie to decide.
Wafflerobot, One time liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]