For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By Arch27
Hello -

I'm looking to start a group here in the Capital District of NY (Albany, Schenectady, Troy) and extend to about 1-1.5 hours in every direction within the state (Saratoga/Glens Falls, Utica, Oneonta) if it doesn't intrude on other groups. I think there's a Hudson Valley GB group, but I don't know if Poughkeepsie is in their range.

Just testing the waters for interest at this time.

I'll also need to know what goes into running such a group. I've been part of the 501st Legion since 2010, and I used to run the upstate NY group, so I'm vaguely familiar with how it works.
There is a Hudson Valley group, but I'm not sure how far north their membership/operations extend. However, there's also the Buffalo GBs, who are quite active. They're farther away than the area you're looking to cover, but maybe they already have members from that region who you could get in touch with to start.
Arch27 liked this
Hey there! Yeah that’s why I’m looking to represent in the area I outlined. It’s a dead zone (no pun intended) for a few costume groups. I’m in another one that has a huge presence in NYC and then Buffalo/Rochester.

Hudson Valley is about 2h south of the Capital Region.
Hello!

I’m Matt, Executive Director and team leader of HV Ghostbusters.
To expand on what our Community Outreach Coordinator said, yes, we do already cover that area.
Our covered territory does go south from Westchester/Rockland Counties, all the way north to Albany/Rensselaer counties. We do go further north and do events into Saratoga and Schenectady, and currently have events booked in those places. We do quite a few events at the north most of our territory, and would love to have you apply to join us, if you’d like. We are always looking for new recruits! 😁
Arch27 liked this
Hello, this is Nicholas Albert Powlowski of the Rochester Ghostbusters aka RNYGB. Glad to see that you're interested in starting up a group of your own in your local region/area. This is a fantastic idea. We are legion!! If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to reach out.

facebook.com/RochesterGhostbusters
rochesterghostbusters@gmail.com
(585)957-8666
Arch27 liked this
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm going to head to the Stillwater convention tomorrow, in hopes of chatting with HVGB people since I saw you were going to be there. I'll probably get there about 1 PM.

I have photos from the (ill fated?) Empire Comic Con when Rochester GB was there! My daughter is a big fan too, and had to get a pic with the Ecto out front :)
It was great meeting up with HVGB at Stillwater, and I've decided to join them!

I figure why try to reinvent the wheel when they're already rolling along. The others in my group are also looking to join, and I'll be reaching out to others who were interested in my efforts to let them know.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]