Well this is probably going to be a mistake…but I might as well try it anyway.

As some of you are aware, I was able to score a nice proton props pack secondhand.

Unfortunately for me, one of the previous owners was not so kind to this pack, and messed with the wiring in the wand. This wiring then got caught on the pop mech, so when it was popped…goodbye pin connectors!

So right now I’m sitting on a 4K plus paperweight!

All the pin connectors in the wand need to be redone. Only one wire is actually broken, the rest are just loose/exposed/shorting out.

Problem is I have never worked on an electrical project in my life…and frankly I’m terrified to use a proton pack as a Guinea pig.

I’ve watched YouTube videos…it seems easy enough, but looking for guidance here! Also not sure which of the million kits out there to buy in order to do this repair!

Thanks in advance all!
Hello - You will need to post some pics of the inside wiring - maybe someone can help. The bad news is that most of the packs here are custom built by their owners and no two are likely the same.
Your only hope would be if yours is a commercially built unit.
busybuildr wrote: February 7th, 2023, 6:11 pm Hello - You will need to post some pics of the inside wiring - maybe someone can help. The bad news is that most of the packs here are custom built by their owners and no two are likely the same.
Your only hope would be if yours is a commercially built unit.

I think all the white clip things need to be redone. They all have exposed wires, and the short would explain why my pack only works when it feels like it!
    Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]