By jackburton
Hi there,

New to the site and got my Haslab pack recently. Haven't cracked it open yet, was waiting for wand to show up and they are both sitting in the spare room calling to be like Zuul.

I'm looking to replace the ribbon with G1 ribbon.
Has anyone been able to design new clamps for a G1 ribbon so that you don't have to use the existing Haslab connector?
I'd like to be able to just unplug the existing ribbon from both ends and replace it with a complete G1 ribbon with connectors.
This way I could put the stock ribbon back easily.

Anyone? Thoughts?
By gamera1968
How'd you completely disassemble the ribbon cable clamp?

Color me impressed.
By gamera1968
Okay, that thought did cross my mind, but knowing MY luck, I might've destroyed it.

Nicely done not destroying it!!
By oidoglr
I'm hoping someone might make a replica clamp with the spring clasp functionality but built specifically to clamp onto a full sized cable. It would be great to 1.) just remove the entire stock cable assembly and store it as is and 2.) have an '84 cable and clamp and an '89 cable and clamp that can be hot swapped out without losing the play feature.
TobinsGuide liked this
By jackburton
I second this. I've been looking for the exact same thing.
I don't want to wreck the existing one. I'd like to be able to unplug it and plug in the new G1 cable so that if I chose I can swap it back.

Hopefully someone with the right tools can design and offer a kit for this?
oidoglr liked this
By oidoglr
jackburton wrote: February 15th, 2023, 9:10 am I second this. I've been looking for the exact same thing.
I don't want to wreck the existing one. I'd like to be able to unplug it and plug in the new G1 cable so that if I chose I can swap it back.

Hopefully someone with the right tools can design and offer a kit for this?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/haslabp ... 164492843/
By Mercifull
Dm me and I’ll give you Roberts email address if you don’t use Facebook. You can liaise with him about got to acquire the model STL files. I purchased it and have printed it (and some spare bits) but not yet installed it to my pack yet as it requires painting black/silver first.
oidoglr liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]