Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Hello. I finally got my Haslab pack and I know for some of you dressing up as a GB is old hat but it’s something I’ve never ever done(well since I was 8 years old). I have a few questions I hope some of you more experienced GB cosplayers won’t mind answering. Apologies if this has been addressed in the past but I’m curious how your experiences vary & what advice you have to pass on

While I can’t see myself going to cons decked out in gear, I can see myself dressing up to hand out candy at Halloween, going to GB movie screenings, Halloween parties. Stuff like that.

So..my first question is, How do you deal with kids? No doubt kids will want to touch the pack and may even ask to try it on. I know that’s the first thing I would ask as a 6 year old who came across someone wearing a GB proton pack. It’s just…how do you turn down a little kid? In character? Like do you say “sorry Jimmy. Proton packs are dangerous and not toys” or do you let them try it on? Or just tell them no sorry it’s too heavy? Just curious what the best move is for all you practiced hands.

And pictures. I don’t like my picture being taken. I never, ever have. So people may want to take a selfie. I know a lot of you are into that kind of thing but that’s not my bag. Maybe if it’s someone I know but with strangers? No. I don’t want to seem like an asshole tho so I guess I’m going to have to suck it up. Do you find people ask for pictures a lot? Do you charge them or something lol? No I’m kidding I hope you don’t do that. But is it common or do people just let you be?

What’s it like when you aren’t at a con? Just like a GB movie screening? Do you just put your pack in front of your chair? When you have to go to the washroom, what do you do with your pack? Just hold it in? Set it on the floor? Ask someone to hold it?

Do people try to screw with you by like touching the pack? Has anyone ever had someone try to steal their pack?

I’ve only had the Haslab pack for a few hours and I’ve quickly gotten the feel for how cumbersome these things are. I’m extremely paranoid about the proton pack connector hose catching on something or bumping in to things. They also aren’t light. I’ll be attaching an ALICE frame when I get the chance but…do they help with the comfort and weight? I find it not easy to put on. I’m terrified of breaking something.

How hot do you get wearing the full GB regalia? It looks like it’ll be sweat city wearing all that stuff but you never know. I’m a tall dude. 6.4 240 LBs. is this going to be as uncomfortable as I think?
Nighty80, kahuna900, SailorEcto92 and 1 others liked this
I know exactly how you feel. But something happens when you put on that flightsuit. It's not you anymore, it's a character. And that makes me much more comfortable having my photo taken than if it was just me in my street clothes (also the flightsuit with a belt full of equipment does a good job of hiding the belly :lol:)

People get excited to see a Ghostbuster and they'll want to take your photo. Most conventions have rules that they must ask for your consent first, it's usually written on big signage by the entrance and made very clear. But when you're out in public this is much more difficult, so pick your events carefully.

It doesn't worry me too much if someone photographs me without asking, I expect to be photographed the whole time I'm suited up. But I don't like it when I'm still getting ready or facing the wrong way, if they ask me I can give them a much better photo than "Side view of Ghostbuster talking with someone" or "Ghostbuster putting his shoes on"...

One thing that also helps is to stand in front of a mirror and try to come up with poses for photos. How will you hold the wand, close to your body (like a firehose) or further out (like a shotgun)? Legs together or standing apart? Looking at the camera, or looking at the ghost you're trying to catch?
Sometimes if a person is really excited to take a photo with me, I hand them the trap from my belt so they can pose with it, like they caught a ghost. It goes over really well (my belt trap is a very light 3D print). Or I scan them with my PKE.

The photos feel like they're not about you, they're about the people taking photos with you, or the person taking the photo. If you're part of a franchise, then it's all about the franchise. Sometimes taking photos with your fellow busters is easier than photos alone too.

After a full day suited up, as tiring as it can be, it's difficult to take the suit off. I have withdrawal the next day when I have to be a boring "normal" person again :lol:

At the end of the day though it's entirely about your own comfort. If you don't want to be in photos, you're within your right to politely decline. I'd say just make sure you only attend events which enforce photo consent.

As far as controlling heat, if it's warm you'll want shorts, and I believe some people have recommended Under Armor gym wear for their sweat control (moisture wicking tshirts etc). It can get hot here in Australia but so far I haven't suited up in excessive heat. Firehouse will be released in summer so we'll see how that goes, I might need to invest in some more heat proof clothing to wear under the suit.
kahuna900, deadderek liked this
To answer the questions about damage to your pack, it's possible unfortunately. Not too bad at conventions, just mind your surroundings and maybe avoid walking down super crowded alleys, circle back later when it's less busy. If you go with someone ask them to be your "handler" so they can make sure it's clear for you to step backwards or turn around.

Don't wear your pack to any afterparties or anything like that. I've heard stories of drunks snapping off someone's Ion Arm, or unhooking the wand and letting it fall to the concrete floor. Horrifying. At least many conventions have carpeted floors!

I feel like walking the street on Halloween would be fine, you're outdoors and people should be fairly well behaved. GB events should be good too, you'll have other people you can suit up with and look out for each other's stuff.
kahuna900 liked this
I've never been to a con before (but now I'd like to). A friend of mine is big into cons and what I've gathered from talking to them is that:
- people at them are usually fairly respectful of the costumes.
- Con staff tend to be very strict on people who touch costumes/cosplayers without asking.
- Con staff do typically require people to ask before snapping pictures. Though, like mentioned, being in public people can still take your picture. Plus even if you don't consent to being in pictures it's entirely possible that you could end up in someone's picture by accident.

It's possible that damage can happen anywhere. While cons are less likely since there are typically lots of staff around and people know to be on good behaviour... it's not impossible to run into Jerky McJerkface who decides to cause a little havoc. Though good situational awareness is usually enough to avoid it. Like watching where you are and who's there with you.
Like if you know there will be alcohol in one location at an event then probably best to avoid that area. Drunk people do stupid things and think they're hilarious.

As for kids touching the pack, I'd say you'd be within right to say "please don't touch it, it's not a toy." or something similar. It's really up to you if you don't want to let others try it on. (Remember "No" is a complete sentence. ) Personally though I don't think I'd be letting kids try my pack on. The pack was not exactly cheap and it's not like I can just invoice the parents for a cost of a new one. So I'd rather not open myself up to the possibility that lil' Timmy doesn't listen and somehow ends up wrecking it.
prodestrian liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:33 pm Hello. I finally got my Haslab pack and I know for some of you dressing up as a GB is old hat but it’s something I’ve never ever done(well since I was 8 years old). I have a few questions I hope some of you more experienced GB cosplayers won’t mind answering. Apologies if this has been addressed in the past but I’m curious how your experiences vary & what advice you have to pass on

While I can’t see myself going to cons decked out in gear, I can see myself dressing up to hand out candy at Halloween, going to GB movie screenings, Halloween parties. Stuff like that.

So..my first question is, How do you deal with kids? No doubt kids will want to touch the pack and may even ask to try it on. I know that’s the first thing I would ask as a 6 year old who came across someone wearing a GB proton pack. It’s just…how do you turn down a little kid? In character? Like do you say “sorry Jimmy. Proton packs are dangerous and not toys” or do you let them try it on? Or just tell them no sorry it’s too heavy? Just curious what the best move is for all you practiced hands.

And pictures. I don’t like my picture being taken. I never, ever have. So people may want to take a selfie. I know a lot of you are into that kind of thing but that’s not my bag. Maybe if it’s someone I know but with strangers? No. I don’t want to seem like an asshole tho so I guess I’m going to have to suck it up. Do you find people ask for pictures a lot? Do you charge them or something lol? No I’m kidding I hope you don’t do that. But is it common or do people just let you be?

What’s it like when you aren’t at a con? Just like a GB movie screening? Do you just put your pack in front of your chair? When you have to go to the washroom, what do you do with your pack? Just hold it in? Set it on the floor? Ask someone to hold it?

Do people try to screw with you by like touching the pack? Has anyone ever had someone try to steal their pack?

I’ve only had the Haslab pack for a few hours and I’ve quickly gotten the feel for how cumbersome these things are. I’m extremely paranoid about the proton pack connector hose catching on something or bumping in to things. They also aren’t light. I’ll be attaching an ALICE frame when I get the chance but…do they help with the comfort and weight? I find it not easy to put on. I’m terrified of breaking something.

How hot do you get wearing the full GB regalia? It looks like it’ll be sweat city wearing all that stuff but you never know. I’m a tall dude. 6.4 240 LBs. is this going to be as uncomfortable as I think?
Hey, I'll do my best to answer these from my experiences cosplaying:

1: Kids wearing your pack. No. Let them hold the and play with the thrower a bit? Sure... as long as the parent stays close. You aren't a babysitter. If you don't feel comfortable handing the kid the thrower (maybe they're very young or you're worried they'll do an overhead smash into the ground with it), then explain to the parent that it's fragile and expensive.

2: I hate my picture being taken too. It's a little different when I'm in a costume as I realize they're not really taking MY picture but the costume. It also helps if you wear a facemask. If someone asks for a picture, you can politely decline, pretend you're on the phone, or if they're being INSISTANT, roundhouse kick the phone/camera out of their hands (I've seen this done TWICE at conventions).

3: If you're with a group, never hit the bathrooms at the same time. Leave the pack and other gear with your friends to watch over... not stand near, WATCH OVER. If you're solo, whatever you gotta do, do it the stall and just... I guess do some amateur gymnastics yourself around your gear . Alternatively, if you drove yourself, drop off your gear in your car before hitting the had. During the movie, normally there's room in front of you to place your pack.. or be THAT guy and buy an extra ticket so you have a seat for your stuff.

4: If you're at a convention ,most people are chill and will ask about the pack and get permission to touch it. There's been a MASSIVE reinforcement of consent at cons for several years now... for very obvious reasons. I WILL say that most non-consensual pack touching is gonna be your fault wading through crowded walkways (in which case, I HIGHLY recommend finding a way to REALLY secure the Ion rod on your HasLab. That sucker will snag on everyone). Any other event? Roll of the dice. If you feel someone messing with the pack, spin around and just tell them "don't touch". If they keep it up, escalate things. Inform an organizer of the event or someone with some kind of authority. As for attempting to steal, you should be fine. The packs are large, clunky, and weight-y enough to be problematic.

5: The Alice frame will help distribute the weight a bit once you get the straps adjusted correctly. The ALICE frame and straps are MUCH easier to put on. Don't forget that padding on the top bar. The belt will also help adjust the weight. You'll definitely want to get used to wearing the pack, so wear it around the house, slowly go through doorways, turn around in hallways... you're basically an upright turtle. You'll need to learn your new dimensions and personal bubble. If you're going through a crowd, hold your thrower at your side or in front of you.

6: Temperature comfort... that has more to do with the suit more than the gear. I'm a larger fella and I sweat even in low temps... so I chopped the sleeves on my flight suit to short sleeves. Unless you're specifically cosplaying as one of the OGBs, make the suit your own. If you're going with a group and you have someone either NOT in full gear or not in costume/uniform, congrats! They've volunteered to be your handler XD Have them bring a bag or two to put jackets in if you're going somewhere in the colder months and you HAVE to wear a jacket so you don't die on the way to the con or just to carry around anything you pick up at the convention. Also... water. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
Nighty80, kahuna900 liked this
I haven't cosplayed too much with my foam/LostWax pack yet; Halloween was a good test run, but I hope to bring it to a convention. At a crowded event like NY Comic Con, I'm anticipating the biggest issue being navigating crowds, as none of my other costumes for that event have had props that big. The outfit was very popular on Halloween, and some parents did ask for photos; luckily, everyone who asked was very polite about it. Here are a few ways I usually take photos:
  • The simplest option, which is that everyone in the photo just kind of does their own pose for the camera.
  • On days like Halloween, there's a decent chance that the kid is also in costume, so they can be in character, too. Bonus points if the other costume is some kind of ghost, etc.
  • If a kid does want to touch the pack, you can stay in character as much as possible and explain that you're a professional and that it's very hazardous equipment, etc. If the child is well behaved and polite, perhaps you can offer to hold the wand together if you're comfortable. An alternate prop, like prodestrian suggested, that someone else can hold for the picture is another good solution. Essentially, have an alternate fun suggestion to fall back on.
Don't let people walk over your boundaries. If none of the methods above work, just be as firm as you need about it. Also, if you're okay with being in a picture but not overly photogenic, maybe you can wear a pair of sunglasses or something. If it's nighttime, you can say that you moonlight as a Blues Brother (rumors are that another Ghostbuster has been known to do that!).

I did learn very quickly that unless you're in a wide open space, keeping the wand mounted on the pack becomes pretty impractical, especially when walking through doors. I think I've seen references to using some kind of hook on the belt for it; has anyone here tried that?

As for heat control, there are a few factors to consider, including time of year, temperature of the event or location where you'll be, and the material of your suit. I'd also suggest some kind of moisture-wicking athletic wear. I made my GB2 suit out of cotton duck canvas, so it's relatively heavy in weight but also breathable enough (it did soften considerably in the wash). Other suit materials might not be very breathable.
DancingToaster wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:34 pm I haven't cosplayed too much with my foam/LostWax pack yet; Halloween was a good test run, but I hope to bring it to a convention. At a crowded event like NY Comic Con, I'm anticipating the biggest issue being navigating crowds, as none of my other costumes for that event have had props that big. The outfit was very popular on Halloween, and some parents did ask for photos; luckily, everyone who asked was very polite about it. Here are a few ways I usually take photos:
  • The simplest option, which is that everyone in the photo just kind of does their own pose for the camera.
  • On days like Halloween, there's a decent chance that the kid is also in costume, so they can be in character, too. Bonus points if the other costume is some kind of ghost, etc.
  • If a kid does want to touch the pack, you can stay in character as much as possible and explain that you're a professional and that it's very hazardous equipment, etc. If the child is well behaved and polite, perhaps you can offer to hold the wand together if you're comfortable. An alternate prop, like prodestrian suggested, that someone else can hold for the picture is another good solution. Essentially, have an alternate fun suggestion to fall back on.
Don't let people walk over your boundaries. If none of the methods above work, just be as firm as you need about it. Also, if you're okay with being in a picture but not overly photogenic, maybe you can wear a pair of sunglasses or something. If it's nighttime, you can say that you moonlight as a Blues Brother (rumors are that another Ghostbuster has been known to do that!).

I did learn very quickly that unless you're in a wide open space, keeping the wand mounted on the pack becomes pretty impractical, especially when walking through doors. I think I've seen references to using some kind of hook on the belt for it; has anyone here tried that?

As for heat control, there are a few factors to consider, including time of year, temperature of the event or location where you'll be, and the material of your suit. I'd also suggest some kind of moisture-wicking athletic wear. I made my GB2 suit out of cotton duck canvas, so it's relatively heavy in weight but also breathable enough (it did soften considerably in the wash). Other suit materials might not be very breathable.
Doors are a menace and should be banned... if you're in a crowd, go with the flow, make slow turns, and try not to hit a small child in the face with the bumper... not speaking from experience... that's totally not a core memory of mine that I'll never forget until dementia sets in... nope... (seriously, practice walking around your house while wearing the pack even for a few minutes a day if you have an event coming up. It seriously helps.)

As for the thrower, there's a hook on the underside by the V-hook. That just slips on any loop you have dangling off your belt or even on the belt directly.
Nighty80, gamera1968 liked this
Hi there!

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, there is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the individual's preferences and the type of Ghostbuster costume they are looking to create. Some people prefer to use a jumpsuit, while others prefer to use a combination of separate pieces. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide what works best for them.

Hope this helps!
Hello there, I thought I'd jump in with my 2 cents, as my very first cosplay was my Ghostbusters costume w/ my homemade proton pack.
My first comic con was Supercon Florida (Miami Beach) back in July of 2016. I do remember that I had received far more attention than I had anticipated, just wearing it for one day.
Now, I've been cosplaying for nearly 7 years, and I do wear the full costume along with my pack and trap at least one day during three and four day comic cons.

I'm with Ecto Force Florida now, and with 40 of us walking around in full gear, tend to garner EXTRA attention, and I'm okay with that. It just comes with being a part of Ghost Corps.

Some important safety tips speaking from experience: it will get crowded, especially on Saturdays. That's when the majority of comic cons have their cosplay contests.

I would highly suggest investing in a set of leather key fobs - one is made specifically for carrying the neutrona wand dangling from a pistol belt on your right-hand side.
Better yet, carry it in your hands through crowded areas. If you're unable to handle large crowds, then by all means, skip Saturdays if possible. Or look for smaller, one day events.

Other cosplayers, and even vendors, will ask to take a picture with you. If you're uncomfortable with that, then politely decline.
Cosplay is not consent, and its a rule at comic cons to ask permission beforehand.
And if someone (like a child) wants to wear your pack, just say it's "very heavy" and "the proton pack is not a toy".

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. This is just the very basics, speaking from experience of course.

Best of luck!!
I can give a few tips and tricks. Whenever I cosplay as a character, I don't go by "Kieron", I go by the name of the character, so say for instance, I'm cosplaying MMPR White Ranger, I would go by "Tommy" or "White Ranger" (mostly Tommy Oliver) to keep in character and not break character as much. You will also find yourself hounded by people to get a picture taken with you, do not worry or stress over it, just say "okay" or "No problem" and let them take a picture, if there are kids, and you have stuff like the PKE meter or the ECTO goggles or the Ghost Trap, ask if the kids want to hold them or even open the ghost trap, this always makes their day. (Again, going back to my The Undertaker cosplay, I always let the kids hold my replica belts) or even yell "WHO YA GONNA CALL!?" and see if the kids yell "GHOSTBUSTERS!!!". IF you have the quotes memorized like what my signature says "Twenty four hours a day, Seven days a week, NO job is too big, NO fee is too big!", then if they're recording you, don't hesitate to bust out some good quotes like "We're the best, we're the beautiful, we're the ONLY Ghostbusters!" or "Back off man, I'm a scientist!".

All in all, just have a good time and you'll want to go back again and again to different cons!

Cosplay is NOT consent; I cannot stress this enough. IF you feel someone is following you around trying to get your attention, PLEASE do mention that to a staff member, otherwise it'll end badly. This goes both ways as well.
gamera1968 liked this
Handling kids with a Ghostbusters proton pack can be tricky, but safety comes first. You can tell them the pack isn't a toy, it's for ghost protection. Offer to take a pic or show them how it works without letting them touch it—keep it sweet like candy cake.

If you're not into photos, it's cool to say no. Just say you'd rather not and most folks will get it. Even at other events, like movie nights, Ghostbusters gear can be a blast. Put the pack in front of your seat, or ask a buddy to watch it when you step away. For bathroom breaks, keep it in sight or have a friend keep watch.

People might be curious and want to touch the pack, so stay alert. Nicely ask them not to touch it. Theft is rare, but keep an eye on the pack. Using an ALICE frame helps distribute the weight better, making it more comfy and reducing the risk of damage. Practice putting it on to get comfortable and ease any worries about breaking it.

Wearing the full Ghostbusters gear can get hot, especially for tall folks, but a good cooling system and staying hydrated can help. It might be a bit uncomfortable, but be aware of your body and take breaks when needed—like grabbing a candy bar to keep your energy up!
Last edited by kivem on December 11th, 2023, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardLess wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:33 pm Hello. I finally got my Haslab pack and I know for some of you dressing up as a GB is old hat but it’s something I’ve never ever done(well since I was 8 years old). I have a few questions I hope some of you more experienced GB cosplayers won’t mind answering. Apologies if this has been addressed in the past but I’m curious how your experiences vary & what advice you have to pass on

Thought I’d offer my perspective…

- Kids - this is completely your call and within your control. Do what you’re comfortable with. If you don’t want kids touching your pack, come up with an in-character story as to why. “A proton pack is not a toy.” “It’s an unlicensed nuclear accelerator.” Etc. But it’s good to have a few go-to responses so you’re not scrambling to think of something on the spot.
- Other people wanting to touch / hold / try on the pack - There are the unfortunate, albeit rare (in my experience), occurrences where people are going to push boundaries. This is where having someone with you or nearby to watch your pack comes in handy.
- Photos - completely understand where you’re coming from. However, most folks are going to want to take a photo, either of you, your gear, or a selfie with you. If this is something you’re not OK with, cosplaying at a public event might not be the best option for you. Ghostbusters is surprisingly popular these days, so I wouldn’t expect people would let you be.
- Cons - this all depends on the con and who you’re with. Most organized groups will have a holding area where you can safely store your gear. In other instances, it will be completely on you to manage your gear. I have found the best option is to understand what type of your situation you’re getting into so you can plan.
- Fear of breaking your gear - this is an unfortunate risk tied to cosplay. In most cases, I’d say a little preparedness and caution goes a long way. But yeah, the pack is heavy, especially if you wear it for a long time.
- Comfort - The flightsuit can get warm depending on the setting. Make sure you hydrate and stay hydrated during the event. Seek shade if you’re at an outdoor event. Most importantly, listen to your body and don’t push yourself too hard. Fainting with a pack on “…would be bad.”

All that being said, I have found cosplaying to be incredibly found. Majority of folks are just happy to see and interact with you. Have fun!

Hope that helps!

Sean
I have been at this for the better part of a decade and during that time, I have had a group of people who have developed weird guidelines and etiquette but it seems to work for us.

1.) KIds - I dont let them wear a pack. Often time kids will ask if we can 'fire' the wand or "bust a ghost that is really a friend next to them" and I usually respond with a shrug saying, "sorry, the city didn't get back to us on the paperwork in time and we dont have permission. what a bunch of jerks huh?" The kids get a kick out of that more than adults would realize. Kids are often times rebellious and a reason why the movie works so well to them that we often overlook. I also will scan a kid and say, "he seems very much alive. you're not fooling me AGAIN, pal!" It works VERY well if you channel your inner Venkman.

2.) Photos. I have come to accept that I exist in thousand of photos on strangers phones. It comes with the job. I rarely ever see the results so I just keep doing the thing and when you make it seem like you want a photo with them more than they want that photo with you, it leads to some fun moments. The photo is the keepsake, the moment is forever going to be "their story" to others about you. Make if memorable and fun.

3.) Temperature control - I have done summer days around 90 F to winter parades at -20 F. The Tru Spec that I have doesnt hold heat for better or worse. For cons, sure, go all out if you want, but you really don't need to. I have had members of the group fully decked out and I have done just the uniform without a pack many times over. Ghostbusters is so loved, it really does not matter how truly "decked" out you are. It's about the wreckless care free attitude and humor that you can bring to someone. For the cold, thermal gear is a must have underneath. Thankful for the coats this year!

4.) Get normal with your flightsuit. It will help you out in the long run. My group has a tradition of going out for Chinese food after events because it is cannon to the first movie. They LOVE chinese food and we carry that forth with us. People see us eating? Chinese. It's like "of course they are eating that with the last of their petty cash." Go places you normally go with your flight suit on. (you can skip the pack probably.) It builds confidence and the less weird you make it, the more joy it brings to people. You don't need to PKE scan people at Target but shopping there as you normally would in flightsuit is okay. I think of it as someone in a plumbing business not making "pipe" jokes at Target, nah they are just there getting things after work and came in their work clothes. I know that this may sound odd and weird to some but I have had to go in public dressed as Captain America after a charity event and at that point, you're tired, you're sweaty, and you just need two things "real quick." These weird moments have led to some of the most honest and beautiful moments with the public. Those moments keep you going.

It is also a tradition in our group that you don't want to be the first person out of the uniform. I come from a brotherhood of hockey players and firefighters where we had weird little things about first one here and last one there. I think that tradition came from those world and entered our ghostbusters group. We haze the first person out and champion the last person out of their uniform. It pushes us to take on more moments with the public and deliver positive interactions. There have been many moments of long pauses by myself looking at my friends in the eyes and saying, "Are we really doing this? Fiiiiiiine."

My home area is SO used to us in uniform, they don't even blink. If we go to another region like say, Minneapolis which is 3 hours away, it always alarms me that I begin to see people reacting to the car or us in uniform. However, their genuine excitement is a NORMAL thing. I am just desensitized to it.

When Ghostbusters North went to Fan Fest, we were both honored and shocked that many people from other franchises recognized members of our group because we just made things normal and did videos of normal life things, like buying ECTO Cooler. We had fun with our time as Ghostbusters and didn't blend into the crowd by leaning on quotes and typical stances for photos. We just were ourselves in flightsuits and we stood out. Some of the people who talked to us said that they wished they had the confidence that we had and that was cool to hear. (I hope that does not come off arrogant and I apologize if it does. It wasn't that we are confident but we truly just don't know any better. I think that's what made the making of the 1984 film so important. They just did and tried to outdo one another in a positive way.)

The world is full of anxiety and pressure; take that off your shoulders and embrace the weird with a smile and a coolness about dressing up something you love from a movie. Don't overdo the movie quotes or what you think a "ghostbuster" does.

I've done this for a long time and it still feels weird to me when someone says, "You really are a Ghostbuster" and I just shrug as it's just a uniform that allows me to make people smile because of something that makes me smile.
DrMadKatz liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:33 pm So..my first question is, How do you deal with kids? No doubt kids will want to touch the pack and may even ask to try it on. I know that’s the first thing I would ask as a 6 year old who came across someone wearing a GB proton pack. It’s just…how do you turn down a little kid? In character? Like do you say “sorry Jimmy. Proton packs are dangerous and not toys” or do you let them try it on? Or just tell them no sorry it’s too heavy? Just curious what the best move is for all you practiced hands.
I don't let them wear the pack, although to be honest i've actually never had a kid ask. They do definitely like to hold the wand, and i'm usually ok to let them play around with it. I usually kinda get down a knee and kind of hover a hand in case they drop it, but i'm happy to let them play around with it.

To be completely honest, if you don't like your picture taken, don't do this. You will get your picture taken. People will usually ask, some won't, but I feel like telling them now... yeah kinda does seem assholish. You're purposely being a center of attention and something people will want to take pictures of.

People love taking pictures, and i'm all about it. I wear the stuff for a reason. I honestly don't care if they ask or not. I'm an occasional smoker... holy crap the second I put a smoke in my mouth, EVERYONE wants a picture. Works with the costume. One of the coolest pictures I ever saw was someone who snapped a candid picture of me leaning on a wall smoking.
Kind of depends on the situation? I'm usually with someone else, so if I need to take my pack off and do something, I can have them watch over it. At a movie, i'll just put it in front of me, yeah. If i'm not going to be sitting down I just keep it on. I've gotten pretty good at manuerving aroudn with it.
No on both. People have actually been surprisingly cool about it. I've had people ask to touch it, and usually i'm ok with it. I've literally been on the NYC subway in full gear and nobody bothered me at all. One random guy actually helped guide me out of the door.
I've had the small and full size Spirit packs. They're not as heavy, but honestly with the ALICE frame I haven't had any issue at all. I've worn the pack for quite literally like, 8-10 hours straight.

You do get caught on stuff. It happens. I just try to be very aware of sticking out bits.
Depends? I run hot as it is, and it can get steamy. But i've never had any real issue.

I'm not doing this for comfort. You do have to expect a certain level of discomfort. It is what it is.
gamera1968 liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]