Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By cowbybill
Then I stand corrected. I thought the Blu Ray was the closest to the original film. Thank you for clearing that up. Just goes to show you can learn new stuff everyday here! :-D
By Filandrius
My pleasure. :) My advice is this: get the Blu-ray (especially since it's really easy to find at like 10$) but keep that 1999 DVD handy. And give the 2005 away. :P
AJ Quick liked this
By cowbybill
I can't part with any of my copies I have the VHS versions, Laserdiscs, the DVDs (even a PAL copy of GB 1 and 2), and the Blu Ray. Heck I even own 2- 35mm prints of the trailers.
Granted I don't watch all of them just, the Blu-ray, but now I'm going to break out that 1999 DVD.
it's just fun to have all those copies in my collection. Kinda like I'm a sucker with all the different Evil Dead DVD reissues. I know it makes no sense to keep buying them but I just can't help it.
By Filandrius
Hey, man, don't justify yourself. I totally get the collector thing. ;) I just re-bought the 1999 DVD because I gave it away a few years ago. I can't say I have a collection as impressive as yours, though. :)
By zeta otaku
Carpeteria wrote:
Ron Daniels wrote:Mr. D. has been removed from the site, by my site removal hammer.
Oh goddamnit. Now what are we going to talk about around here?

*AHEM*

y'all are idiots! VHS is superior!
By THEbryon
Carpeteria wrote:
Oh goddamnit. Now what are we going to talk about around here?
You mean, now what trivial things are we gonna argue about?
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Filandrius
zeta otaku wrote:*AHEM*

y'all are idiots! VHS is superior!
*AHEM* My own personal favorite copy, when I was a kid, was on BETA. So there. :D
By THEbryon
I owned a video store up untill four years ago and I shit you not, had at least one person every month ask if we still carried beta tapes. Apparently the picture and sound quality was superior to VHS. (Oh no, here we go again)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
deadderek liked this
By Alex Newborn
Ron Daniels wrote:Mr. D. has been removed from the site, by my site removal hammer.
Aw... and I had this perfectly eloquent piece of troll-bait prepared, in which I compared his inability to see the superiority of Blu-Ray with the Aesop's fable about 'sour grapes'. He's obviously rationalizing his jealous inability to *afford* a player in the same way in which a thoroughly unattractive man will get shot down by a woman and instantly pronounce her 'another dang lesbian'.

Alex
By ropzu
By Chace
NICE JOB YOU DID! :)

By DeadRoach
So glad you bumped this, what an awesome read! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
By cowbybill
AJ Quick wrote:I am reminiscing about this topic tonight.

What a great thread.

Now the real question is. What is better.. Blu-ray or 4K Ultra HD? :lol:
A 4th Gen VHS copy recorded off an aerial Antenna, 20 years ago will always look better than Blu-ray or 4K Ultra HD don't you know! :wink:

Seriously though what have you heard about 4K? the only thing I heard is it's crazy expensive.
By Gareee
AJ Quick wrote:I am reminiscing about this topic tonight.

What a great thread.

Now the real question is. What is better.. Blu-ray or 4K Ultra HD? :lol:
For half the cost of a Ultra HD TV, couldn't you buy a projector, and a real copy of the film?
By Dr. Stantz Jr.
Man, after reading this thread i'm going to have to watch all 3 versions this weekend to see the comparisons for myself.

Do we know if there is any difference between the 1999 and 2005 versions of GB2 and how they compare to the HDTV copy?
By Dr. Stantz Jr.
Carpeteria wrote:Yes. The VHS version is like a million times better.
Damn. Wish I still owned a VHS player now, lol
By AJ Quick
I think Ghostbusters 2 was filmed on a higher quality film (or just.. better film) than Ghostbusters... and also had better lighting. The quality of GB2 has always been really good and I don't think has much room for improvement compared to the dark grainy Ghostbusters.
deadderek liked this
By kevinj319
There's marketing-speak remastering, and then there's actual remastering. Given pretty much any movie, not just Ghostbusters, when the packaging indicates the movie was somehow remastered for blu-ray, that generally means the movie was run through a generic filter and then slapped on the disc. Yes, it is higher resolution, but often it looks all wrong. This is just marketing speak and it is a waste of the technology. Actual remastering involves a talented group of people to painstakingly examine the film to determine what would produce the best look as far as color correction, clarity, etc... scene by scene, and sometimes frame by frame. It is also expensive. Movie companies would rather be in the business of cranking out thin plastic discs as cheaply as possible regardless of the data on the disc, not in producing the highest quality product. Which is why your blu-ray movies (especially for older titles) will never look as good as they should.
By liliath
I watch online on soap2day. It is a popular site for watching movies and TV shows online for free. There are a wide selection of genres and categories, every user can find something to their liking. Esp I like that all movie collections are structured and I can use the filter to sort tv shows by genre, year of release, actor etc.
Last edited by liliath on December 10th, 2023, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]