Has anybody added an easy to access power switch for the Haslab pack yet? I'm thinking of just putting one in an inconspicuous place so I can turn it back on after power offs while wearing it. Probably just wire it in with the original power switch.
UEF liked this
You sir, have much more dexterity than I. I need something a lot closer. I saw somewhere, possibly on the Haslab Facebook modders group where they put a switch on the base of the pack. It looked appealing and only evident if you looked at from the bottom. I was looking to see if anybody did something similar here.
UEF liked this
LivewireBlanco wrote: January 26th, 2023, 2:36 pm You sir, have much more dexterity than I. I need something a lot closer. I saw somewhere, possibly on the Haslab Facebook modders group where they put a switch on the base of the pack. It looked appealing and only evident if you looked at from the bottom. I was looking to see if anybody did something similar here.
I guess if you’re using an ALICE frame you could add a charge plate… Hmm, I know what I’m making this weekend 😂
Nighty80 wrote: January 27th, 2023, 3:05 am
LivewireBlanco wrote: January 26th, 2023, 2:36 pm You sir, have much more dexterity than I. I need something a lot closer. I saw somewhere, possibly on the Haslab Facebook modders group where they put a switch on the base of the pack. It looked appealing and only evident if you looked at from the bottom. I was looking to see if anybody did something similar here.
I guess if you’re using an ALICE frame you could add a charge plate… Hmm, I know what I’m making this weekend 😂
That might be a better idea, just put a switch on the frame and not have to drill into the pack. I think that might be the way I will go. There's a Comicon here tomorrow and I'm going to see if I can't get most of my mods done time time.
I saw somebody make an easy way to switch on the pack when you're wearing it. They used armature wire (the rigid yet bendable kind). It was wrapped around the on/off switch and, keeping the wire straight and taut, wrapped it straight around to the back of the pack (it lays flat against the side just above the extra compartment on the side of the pack) and inserted the other cut end of the wire into a unused screw hole in the back of the pack. They also bent the corners of the wire outward from the pack. Busters wearing one can then reach around the side and flip the wire upwards to turn on the pack and then downwards to turn it off.

I tried to find the video of it, but I can't find it yet, since I don't have access to the mod spreadsheet in which the link was located. I'll have to look more extensively tonight when I get home from work. But I think the spreadsheet was on a Facebook Haslab modding group. If I can't find it, I might just do it tonight and show you with pictures how it was done.
I found it. Here is the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2073797349. Just search for "Easy Power Switch Mod." There is a link that will take you to the modder's Facebook page showing how he did it. You can weather it yourself too in order to help it blend in better. It is a perfect mod for those who aren't all that handy with the creative stuff.
I don't want to struggle to flip the red switch constantly when walking around at cons and events, so I'm bypassing it entirely, I'm running some wires down to the bottom of the cyclotron area. I found a low profile rocker switch that fits perfectly near the bottom left side of the motherboard, I drilled out a hole and fit it in place and it's within easy reach of my left hand. I don't have any pics currently, but I'll post some eventually

Edit:
I mounted the switch here:
gamera1968 liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]