For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
jonogunn wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 3:48 am The difficulty to add friends cross platform is definitely a pain in this game.

I had to accept your friend request through Fall Guys on PS5.
Yeah that's why I posted what I did to hopefully help. You need either to use the epic launcher on pc or if you don't have access that to like myself use fortnite , fallguys or rocket leauge to do it.

It's annoying but it's a workaround for people. I should be ssjmole on there too for anyone looking to add.

zeta otaku wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 4:39 am Fallguys has a better cross platform integration due to being developed by Epic itself. Illfonic doesn't have complete access to that, so, that's why we have to system we have now. Hopefully the party room system gets pushed through soon which bypasses all of that.
Yeah hopefully that'd really help
Kingpin did a rundown of the reveals
https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 7#p4977817

•Exclusive Necroplast skin for the Ectoplast ghosts, redeemable by players connecting their Twitch account to their Spirits Unleashed account (active from February 1st).
•New secondary equipment options: Belt Gizmo and Disruptor Pylon (inspired by the Tripod Traps).
•Real Ghostbusters skins for the Proton Pack, P.K.E. Meter and the Ghost Trap.
•Sewn patch decals to customise your uniform.
•Ecto Zapper modification for the P.K.E. Meter (emulating the P.K.E. taser from Ghostbusters: Afterlife).
•The next Tenure level will unlock a collection of Ghostbusters-themed snow suits, and a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man hat.
•Real Ghostbusters-inspired character customisation options: hairstyles and glasses, available through the Side Hustle menu.
•Quick Access Menu: to more quickly navigate around the game HUB.
•New map "The Facility", themed around a disused medical facility with a morgue.
Kingpin liked this
The RGB gear looks great. I wonder if shells opens up the doors for other variants, like Extreme or ATC, or new takes on the equipment. Maybe for the Extreme pack, instead of venting, there's an animation of changing out the canisters. Maybe that's too much work, but it would be cool.
XGB and ATC-inspired gear would be great additions, should the game continue to be popular and the developers continue to be inspired to do that stuff - if fans send feedback to Illfonic requesting the XGB and ATC gear be included, it would definitely increase the chances.
zeta otaku liked this
A couple more bits
-Necroplast skin only available Feb. 1-16
-Belt Gizmo helps player avoid Ghost's Ecto Vision
-Disruptor Pylon runs on a battery charge like trap, zaps will drain it, prevents ghosts from possessing, destroys haunted objects in range, ghosts can attack it
-In Firehouse, they are going to be testing a news bulletin to inform players about things like upcoming updates and surveys
-Ecto Zapper replaces the blast function, quicker cooldown
-Are focusing on revamping UI menus next
-will see UI feedback on right side of screen like when trap or pylon is charging
-Shell skins gained by research contracts
-Shell skins won't be compatible to everything i.e. RGB trap can't do RTV
-RGB hairstyles are Peter, Ray, Egon, Winston, and Janine, Egon and Janine's glasses
-More new eyewear like a hero domino mask - part of a side hustle contract
-Patches will be gained by leveling up, contracts, rewards, etc. Corkboard by locker tracks your collection.
-Some updates include fixing possession spamming, can interact with Rifts through the wall (pick up or detonate), diminishing returns on stun stacking, improved citizen dialogues, monetary destruction increases haunting, clear notification button added on pause menu
-variant intro cutscenes
-If Ecto Zapper is active during gameplay and a ghost passes through you, they will be stunned
-After you get trapped, you can switch mid-match to a different ghost with space button

EDIT: Also fyi, there's server maintenance on January 26 at 9 am PST.
https://twitter.com/IllFonic/status/1618332341130203136
Kingpin, RedSpecial liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: January 30th, 2023, 4:53 pm 2 more teases of The Facility.
https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 7768045572
https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 6242930695
Really digging it, The Facility's going to be a solid addition to the game. :)
SpaceBallz liked this
DLC #1 should be live. There are some stuff not mentioned in the twitch stream like improved matchmaking, AI, and Muncher is part of new ghost type named Glutton and there are 2 other ghosts named Spew and Heap.

From their discord here's the release notes
https://discord.com/channels/1031602648 ... 8429577246
This Post Contains Spoilers
https://www.ign.com/articles/ghostbuste ... -out-today

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/01/31 ... hes-today/

Videos posted by Illfonic previewing the new DLC material

The Necroplast skins drop on Twitch on February 1. Jordan will go over the DLC also on the Wed. Twitch stream.
Kingpin liked this
So as to how to get the necroplast skins

1. Go to accounts.illfonic.com

2. Choose Playstation, XBox, or Epic games and sign in.

3. Go to accounts.illfonic.com again

4. Choose Twitch and sign in.

5. You should get email verifications.

6. On account.illfonic, should see your platform and Twitch checked off.

7. Go to twitch.tv.drop/campaigns

8. look for Spirits Unleashed, click box so drop down appears, click Go to a participating channel

9. Stream for 1 hour to unlock each of the 4 skins for 4 hours total.

10. The skins will be available until February 16.
Kingpin liked this
Did they tweak how you get out of a trap as a ghost? I won my first match against skilled busters this morning. Had one guy cursing Jesus' name every five seconds, one person actually crying, and heard something like someone throwing things in the background over their headsets.

I was hiding in obvious locations to boot. All my rifts were gone and I got the haunting to 99 %. I don't play as the ghost very often.
timeware wrote: February 1st, 2023, 5:33 pm Did they tweak how you get out of a trap as a ghost? I won my first match against skilled busters this morning. Had one guy cursing Jesus' name every five seconds, one person actually crying, and heard something like someone throwing things in the background over their headsets.

I was hiding in obvious locations to boot. All my rifts were gone and I got the haunting to 99 %. I don't play as the ghost very often.
I haven't seen anything since they changed the buttons to random when you try to break free in Patch 1.3.

Which ghost were you?
Slimer. It was the lodge map. Hid in the vacuum cleaner against the wall for a good couple minutes. Watched the busters walk right past me.

Even moved a little and they still hadn't found me. I broke every tether which was harder then heck to do before the update.
timeware wrote:Slimer. It was the lodge map. Hid in the vacuum cleaner against the wall for a good couple minutes. Watched the busters walk right past me.

Even moved a little and they still hadn't found me. I broke every tether which was harder then heck to do before the update.
Interesting. I have seen a lot of complaints of freezing or crashes after the patch. Even some say they get stuck in a wall after breaking a tether, getting stuck on invisible, unique ability not working, Internet connection glitching, matchmaking still not working, Xbox servers went down. I think some had problems with the throwers not working right on Playstation - maybe that's related to your issue.
Going to be interesting to see how that translates to a 4 player vs ghost situation and vice versa. I'd imagine the Ecto automatically drives on it's own forcing players to actually work in tandem to capture the ghost. Everyone gets credit for the capture other then the one player catching the ghost normally.

Its going to get chaotic on the street map if you have one person driving, and everyone else on foot. Especially if the Ghost is able to possess the Ecto and chase the players.

Each person has a different function in the Ecto, and another is able to control the Remote control trap? I'd think that button mashing mini games would pop up to make objectives easier to perform. I would also be looking forward to the vehicle based ghost designs if Illfonic goes this route.
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: February 4th, 2023, 9:52 pm Is it just me or is this the Afterlife version in this shot the official twitter posted today? No way there's gonna be a driving map, is there?
https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 9225644035
It's possible they might be adding in the various Ecto-1s to fit each player's preference. You want current lime frame? default Afterlife Ecto-1. You want classic? clean 84 Ecto-1. You want RGB? BAM, exaggerated cartoon car proportions. Hell, if the rumors of what's been datamined are true, we should be seeing XGB stuff on a future update... so maybe we'll get THAT version of the Ecto-1 as well.

I didn't forget GB2 and Ecto-1A, it's just that I've been reading that Sony doesn't own the rights to the GB2 logo (how?) so, if that's true, we won't be seeing it in game at all... and Ecto-1A would just look off with the classic logo.

Anyway, I doubt we'll get a driving level, but in most levels, you can now see Ecto-1 through a window and a couple of the new entrance cinematics. It could be with a future map, we'll have a clearer view of Ecto-1 or it take the place of the cart on a new map.
mrmichaelt liked this
zeta otaku wrote: It's possible they might be adding in the various Ecto-1s to fit each player's preference. You want current lime frame? default Afterlife Ecto-1. You want classic? clean 84 Ecto-1. You want RGB? BAM, exaggerated cartoon car proportions. Hell, if the rumors of what's been datamined are true, we should be seeing XGB stuff on a future update... so maybe we'll get THAT version of the Ecto-1 as well.

I didn't forget GB2 and Ecto-1A, it's just that I've been reading that Sony doesn't own the rights to the GB2 logo (how?) so, if that's true, we won't be seeing it in game at all... and Ecto-1A would just look off with the classic logo.
Good point, it could be in the next DLC similar to the gear shells for the pack, thrower, trap and meter - i.e. complete a research contract for a Wreckto-1 shell, complete this contract for the RGB Ecto-1 shell, etc. And you can change the look of the Ecto-1 in the Firehouse game hub to your liking. If you look at that box that shows the shell you have the the equipment, there's plenty of space for other shells like XGB, ATC, etc. Hm.

Really?! That's wacky about the GB2 logo. Where did you read about it?
I honestly forget where I've read it originally, but it's definitely been mentioned a few times in discussions on the GBSU discord... so, again, NO IDEA if it's true or not. I DO know the devs have stated the GB2 logo on the uniforms is absolutely a low priority due to how they made how the uniforms work.

The rumored datamine supposedly uncovered Kylie's armor, so... guess time will tell there.

I would put money on them adding all available GB gear as shells... though the XGB traps might be a bit tricky since they're so damn different. What I REALLY hope they do, and mind you it's such a minor thing in the long run, is give us the option to put the RGB trap on the RGB pack with the animation to go along with it.

Hopefully we get more hints of stuff coming up next... along with a nerf to tether speed because OH MY GOD WHY IS IT SO DAMN FAST NOW
mrmichaelt liked this
zeta otaku wrote: February 5th, 2023, 1:52 am I honestly forget where I've read it originally, but it's definitely been mentioned a few times in discussions on the GBSU discord... so, again, NO IDEA if it's true or not. I DO know the devs have stated the GB2 logo on the uniforms is absolutely a low priority due to how they made how the uniforms work.
Yeah, I remember on a Twitch stream the GB2 patch was low priority.
zeta otaku wrote: February 5th, 2023, 1:52 am I would put money on them adding all available GB gear as shells... though the XGB traps might be a bit tricky since they're so damn different. What I REALLY hope they do, and mind you it's such a minor thing in the long run, is give us the option to put the RGB trap on the RGB pack with the animation to go along with it.
Funny you mention that. I was looking at the Seismic Proximity Pedal and I thought, man that's about the same size as the EGB trap. But if it's only something like Kylie's armor, any nod to EGB is appreciated.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 4th, 2023, 9:52 pm Is it just me or is this the Afterlife version in this shot the official twitter posted today? No way there's gonna be a driving map, is there?
https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 9225644035
Funny thing is, the ladder here is on the original side, currently in-game it is on the "Afterlife" side, otherwise the gunner seat swing door mechanism would not work. What's really interesting about this screenshot is the hovering RTV by the driver's door.
mrmichaelt, robbritton liked this
zeta otaku wrote:Maybe we're getting a haunted Firehouse level or perhaps more story? The shot is vague enough to really be anything at this point.
That would be cool. But poor Winston, just after he renovated the Firehouse. lol. The brochures by where you access cutscenes never teased the medical facility before it was announced . I recall Ocean Aquarium, Downtown Zoo, and Magic Shop unless they were messing with us.

On the latter, yeah, isn't there more to Nameless - like it is supposed to be a harbinger to something worse?

Boss battles would be cool. They could even based them on the history of the maps from the clippings. Like for DLC, you can fight a boss battle at the Rock Island Prisons, the ghosts of the doctor and nurse that were using inmates as test subjects.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]