By Hairy Biker
I did a search and didn't see this topic.

So in universe we know that Egon & Ray (mostly Egon) designed the gear ie Proton Pack, trap PKE etc.

But who do we think designed the uniforms?
Who came up with the flightsuits and jump boots? The pistol belts with fobs and radios? Where the patch and name tag would go?

Personally it has Ray written all over it for me. I could picture him drawing up designs and trying to convince Venkman how cool it is.
I imagine Egon just went along with it to support his friend.
By Ryudou
That’s an interesting question that I don’t recall seeing much discussion about either. I agree with you about it being Ray. Seems like they must’ve been looking at military surplus places for gear, most likely to find a way to carry the packs/traps/gizmos/etc, but I can definitely picture Ray getting excited looking at flight suits and coming up with uniform ideas while he was there. It does seem like Ray was the one who went out and found things for the group (like the car) too, so it would make sense for him to pick out the outfits.
By Hairy Biker
I could see him getting over excited and Venkman having to reign him in.

"Ok Ray, we can have the elbow pads, but you only get 3 to 4 hooks on your belt."
By Bison256
Most of their gear from the jumpsuit, boots, belt, ALICE frame, the base of the ecto goggles, is military surplus. Other stuff like radio, key fob and electronics and case for the belt gizmo are off the shelf items that have been modified. I don't think there was a designer in universe, the guys just bought the cheapest thing that worked.
By Hairy Biker
Yeah but someone had to come up with how it would go together in verse.
I think Ray would have been the one to be like "we need this and that".

I also feel that Venkman probably designed the logo.
By Fritz
Hairy Biker wrote: December 16th, 2021, 4:13 pm I also feel that Venkman probably designed the logo.
I could swear that one of the novelizations or something credited it to Janine, but I can't substantiate that. I probably crossed a wire somewhere.

In their Ectomobile Owner's Workshop Manual, Troy Benjamin and Marc Sumerak suggest that it was created by "the advertising firm of Gross and Boates", which is a nod to the fact that in the real world:
https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/No-Ghost_Sign
The logo design is loosely based on the no signs of Europe. While Europe had the logo to the upper left, the rest of the world had the logo to the upper right. Dan Aykroyd conceived the logo in his original Ghost Smashers script. The art direction and final design was done by Michael C. Gross.[1] He tweaked the shape of the Icon ghost.[2] Michael Gross went to Brent Boates, one of the artists already working on concepts for the movie, to help with the design.[3][4]
Kingpin liked this
By Fritz
Fritz wrote: December 16th, 2021, 5:19 pm I could swear that one of the novelizations or something credited it to Janine, but I can't substantiate that. I probably crossed a wire somewhere.
Hah! I didn't! I found the 2020 reprint of the GB1 and 2 novelizations in a Half Price Books today, and on page 43:
Venkman watched them hang the sign over the garage doorway: GHOSTBUSTERS, with their new logo, a cartoon ghost encircled by the red international sign for prohibition. Pretty good. The logo had been Janine's idea. So far the woman was working out. She hadn't yet asked to be paid.
Rookie99, Hairy Biker liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]