Hey fellow ghost heads! This is my first gb and first trap mod so go easy on me. :-D

I recently landed a fairly good deal for a Matty Collector ghost trap on eBay and spent weeks searching for the least invasive smoke mod out there. Sadly every video or guide I found seemed very complex and invasive and required either tearing down the whole trap or custom building the smoke/vape electronics which I didn’t want to get into.

Long story short, I stumbled upon someone’s comment on a post on this forum that recommended the Costronica Pocket Smoke Pro. This smoke machine is vape based and probably has the smallest footprint of any all-in-one smoke machine out there at 3.15” x 3.9” x 1.18”. Best of all it runs off of a rechargeable 16340 Lithium-Ion battery so no need for an external power supply or soldering or rewiring anything. Another cool feature is that it comes with a remote control so you can hide it in your pocket and activate the smoke on demand without anyone noticing any extra buttons pushes or switch flips. The only downside of the pocket smoke pro is that it has a pretty loud buzzing sound, but to me that is a small price to pay for its size and how easy it makes this mod. Also if you’re operating the pedal on the floor it isn’t as loud.

Now that I found the ideal smoke machine, the next challenge was figuring out how to add it to the trap as discreetly as possible, while minimizing the damage to the trap and/or pedal.

After receiving the pocket smoke pro, I checked every part of the trap and pedal, and finally decided that the underside of the pedal was the most discreet option for hiding the smoke machine.

As far as where the smoke needed to come out of for this mod to look realistic enough, after testing a few spots, I settled on the base of the trap’s handle since its made of fairly thin plastic, its hollow, and has no internal components that can be damaged. My only concern was that having the smoke come from handle’s base might not look like the smoke was coming from inside the trap doors, but my fears were unwarranted as the end result was pretty good!

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any supernatural encounters, escaped ghosts, or damage to your matty trap, so proceed with caution!

Anyway… on to the fun part! scroll down for parts, tools, and step by step guide, and most importantly: good luck bustin’ those ghosts!

Parts/Supplies
* Costronica Pocket Smoke Pro
* 16340 Lithium-Ion battery (and charger)
* 6mm (o/d) Pneumatic tubing
* x5 90 Degree tube corners
* x2 6mm Pneumatic connectors
* 3/4” Split Loom (length of trap hose)
* x6-8 Anti-slip pads for pedal
* Black electrical tape (or black zip ties)
* x2-4 Command strips velcro strips

Tools
* Dremel (rotary) tool
* Plastic cutting disc for Dremel tool
* Power drill
* 15/64 drill bit (or closest to 6mm)
* Pliers
* Scissors

Step by Step Guide
1.Drilling through trap handle for 6mm tubing

The first (also scariest) step is to drill a hole as close to the base of the trap handle as possible to discreetly feed the 6mm tubing to the front of the handle and point the smoke stream right to the middle of the trap doors.

Before drilling, make sure to remove the trap cartridge to avoid damaging it with the drill and to have more room to work. Using the drill bit at the highest speed possible, start drilling from the front (cartridge side) of the handle to make sure you can get the tube as low as possible on the handle base. This step is critical to get right since drilling too high up will make the smoke come out too high and could ruin the intended effect/illusion that the smoke is coming from inside the trap doors. Once you’ve drilled through the front of the handle, make sure you can slide the tubing through before moving on to drilling the other side of the handle.

Next, start drilling the rear of the handle base, and to ensure you end up with a straight line from one hole to the other, I suggest using the front hole (the one you just drilled) to drill through to the rear of the handle. You may have to tilt the drill upwards a tiny bit since the front of the handle base is a bit lower than the rear side. Whenever you see the drill starting to break through to the surface of the back of the handle you can start drilling from the other side so you don’t end up with too much plastic shards sticking out of that side.

Once both sides of the handle base have been drilled you should be able to slide the 6mm tubing fairly easily from one side to the other. If so, congrats since this is the most delicate part of the process! If its too tight just run the drill through both holes a few times.

2.Prepare pedal base for pocket smoke pro

While this step is less delicate and dangerous than step 1, this is the more destructive of the steps, so proceed with caution.

The size of the Pocket Smoke Pro allows it to fit near perfectly on the bottom of the pedal’s largest crevice, but it does require removing one of the plastic feet from that area. You’ll also have to push the yellow and red faux wires upwards and out of their respective holes from under the trap since you’ll need to remove the small nubs those wires are secured by.

First step is to use pliers to squeeze the faux wires’ ends (triangles?) which keep them from being pushed up easily. Once you’ve pushed them up and out of their holes you can use electric tape to tape them under the lower end of the pedal. Once you’ve done that you are pretty much ready to start removing the middle round plastic foot under the pedal to make room for the pocket smoke pro.

Using the plastic cutting disc on the dremel (rotary) tool, carefully cut the two nubs for the faux wires to make that area as flat as possible. Next, move on to the middle, round plastic foot and use the dremel to remove it and also make that area as flat as possible.

Once you’ve removed and flattened the area where the two nubs and the middle plastic foot were, you have now made enough space for the pocket smoke pro!

Unfortunately, while the width and height fit with some room to spare on each side, the pocket smoke pro is a bit thicker than the pedal’s bottom crevice, so you’ll want to use thick rubber feet to make the remaining plastic feet a bit taller and thus avoid putting too much pressure on the pocket smoke pro when stepping on the pedal with your foot. Either way I would be a bit more careful and only apply enough pressure to softly press the pedal down when stepping on the pedal to avoid any damage to the pocket smoke pro or the pedal.

3.Run 6mm tubing from pedal to trap

With the matty trap hose connected to both the trap and pedal, use the hose length as a guide to trim down the 6mm tubing so you have some wiggle room on each end (i.e. on the trap side and pedal side) for cutting down the tube to match the length of the matty hose.

You’ll want to setup two of the 6mm pneumatic connectors so you can disconnect them right around where the matty hose ends are and that way it will look a lot better and you won’t lose the ability to carry the hose separately or on your belt without having to unravel all your pneumatic tubing. This is another plus with this mods since it keeps everything modular and detachable albeit with an extra step of having to press the pneumatic connector (blue part) back to be able to pull the tube out.

See below images to get a better idea of where to place the connectors. This is more of a personal preference but I personally chose the area right under the matty hose connector so the pneumatic connectors would be out of sight when the trap and pedal are on the floor. Even if someone does see them it just looks like another compnent of the trap and pedal so in the end no damage to the overall aesthetics! :-D

4.Cut and secure 6mm tubing on trap & pedal

I won’t get into this step in writing because its easier to just look at the photos than it is to explain how to do this….

Review my attached photos and use the 90 degree elbows to keep the tubing as close to the trap and pedal base as possible.

5.Cover matty trap hose+6mm tube with split loom

Now, for the last step in the process, you’ll want to cut rhe 3/4” split loom down to match the length of the matty hose so you can use electrical tape on the ends right where the connector ends and it won’t even seem like you’ve covered the matty hose.
Last edited by josuecebs on January 23rd, 2023, 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oidoglr liked this
I posted about this smoke machine on another thread last year after being very satisfied with the performance of it in my Spirit trap. Pretty cool to see that it is powerful enough to send the vapor all the way down the length of the pedal tubing without too much delay.
josuecebs liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]