By kahuna900
tobycj wrote: November 30th, 2022, 3:36 am There's defintely people on just over 100 that have been contacted about the shell. If you do still want it I'd email Mack's about it.

Well if that's true, then that really sucks. I check daily on the website to see when I could purchase. Still says I'm not "Activated" yet. Makes me thankful that I no longer have to deal with this company.

Last edited by kahuna900 on January 9th, 2023, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By kahuna900
SSBlue84 wrote: November 30th, 2022, 12:55 pm They said it has something to do the shop app, I believe. A few people had your same issue, fyi

Even if that is true, it just assures my decision to no longer do business with the company.
By ccv66
I totally get being frustrated with mack factory. You must have your fingers crossed pchrisbosh1 makes a handful of shells.

They're labels were fine I prefer the metal ones
though . A lot of the pack parts you can buy real aluminium. Try to source original parts ect..

As Petty as I am, Mack factory hasn't actually screwed anyone over. I don't think anyone makes a better bumper. It would be hard for me to buy a worse bumper just out of spite. . Then again it is a very easy part to change if you ever stop being annoyed at them
tobycj liked this
By tobycj
ccv66 wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:23 pm I totally get being frustrated with mack factory. You must have your fingers crossed pchrisbosh1 makes a handful of shells.
I think Chris said he wasn't likely to do any shells as costs were so high :(
By Kieron W
For NW112-14, NW111, NW107, NW106, PP119, PP112 and PP120, it comes to $346.93 alone WITHOUT tax and shipping. With tax and shipping, it would cost me $410.58 so that's £336.58GBP ALONE without the other bits and bobs like the neutrino wand or shell itself.

I mean to be fair, this is gonna cost around the $1000+ mark once built WITH electronics, lights and sounds installed. I'm probably not gonna go that route since I already have a Spirit Halloween Pack and a HasLab Spengler Proton Pack coming in a few months. But good luck to those who want to get it, I really do hope Mack Factory make more shells!
By tobycj
Kieron W wrote: December 1st, 2022, 6:21 am For NW112-14, NW111, NW107, NW106, PP119, PP112 and PP120, it comes to $346.93 alone WITHOUT tax and shipping. With tax and shipping, it would cost me $410.58 so that's £336.58GBP ALONE without the other bits and bobs like the neutrino wand or shell itself.

I mean to be fair, this is gonna cost around the $1000+ mark once built WITH electronics, lights and sounds installed. I'm probably not gonna go that route since I already have a Spirit Halloween Pack and a HasLab Spengler Proton Pack coming in a few months. But good luck to those who want to get it, I really do hope Mack Factory make more shells!
It'll be a lot more than a $1000. I'd expect it'll be more like $2k+ for everything.
Kieron W liked this
By kahuna900
Finally after more than two years, the email arrives! Shame that I've abandoned this build. :(

#86 on the Idealized Proton Pack Body list

Last edited by kahuna900 on January 9th, 2023, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
kahuna900 wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 11:36 am Finally after more than two years, the email arrives! Shame that I've abandoned this build. :(

#86 on the Idealized Proton Pack Body list

That’s too bad. It’s a gorgeous shell. Perfect.
By LT86
It's no doubt a beautiful shell. Unfortunately it's the most fragile shell I've ever used. You can't drill into it without the resin surface chipping off huge chunks or cracking. Every time. It doesn't matter the drill or the type of bits used. It's inevitable. That said, all the other parts they've made are perfect. Even if they never made shells or I was never able to get one I would have still used they're bumper, booster frame, and so on.
Just received this email:

I checked and I was #621 (registered in December 2020). But I don't actually need a shell, so I filled in the form and let them know I was no longer interested (best to get out of the queue and free up the spot for the next person).

Definitely keen for some of their other parts to go on my 3D printed pack though, just waiting for enough to be available that I can justify the shipping cost to Australia.
How come the site has the idealized shell as both 'buy it now' and the same one as a waiting list. Makes no sense, otherwise i'd had gone to checkout for it, like does buy it now mean you jump the queue , is it a site error (which means waiting for money to be refunded), ...nothing is explained.
By ccv66
So I was in 400s but when they sent the emails to pick wich shell, idolized or legacy, I got moved into the teens. So I'm guessing majority people wanted the idolized shell. I should have got the shell sooner but I didn't notice my email notification "available to purchase" last week

I really like the look of the beat up shell, but I guess it's kind of like the rat rod of props. Not for everybody apparently
So, now that I’ve got my idealized shell, and basically no parts to attach to it, my question is, how well do you think a lot of the GBFans parts are compatible with it without a whole lot of fuss? I’m thinking about just going ahead and getting a Clippard valve for it to start with. I’m kind of done waiting around for Mack’s parts and no longer care about the official certificate at the end. I just want to get building. I’m fine with a little modification, but the less the better.
ccv66 liked this
I would suggest getting mack factorys legacy bumper and legacy booster. The legacy bumper is out of stock, but it's worth waiting for. I have one and it's beautiful.

You will have to cut your own motherboard, I'm not sure if gbfans still has one, it won't fit. ( I bought one a few years ago) and it's too off to make work on anovos/ mack factory.

Everything else should be just fine to buy third party. It shouldn't be to bad to get other parts to fit. It won't be an easy bolt up like buying from mack factory, but if you don't mind fabricating you won't have to wait a life time to finish your pack
I don't think you'll be able to find a better shell and I'm not sure what the other options are. Some of my favorite prop sellers closed up, other have a two year waiting list with money up front.

The Hasbro pack does look good after upgrades and weathering

Every so often there is someone selling a old pack a decent price

da_rambler20 if you're in the 30s I don't think your that far off, Ghostguy66 about what number were you?

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]