By Steelspartan112
Has anyone had any luck getting a response from Dave? Been several months with no luck on multiple platforms. Placed my order roughly may of 2021.
By prodestrian
Steelspartan112 wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:46 am Has anyone had any luck getting a response from Dave? Been several months with no luck on multiple platforms. Placed my order roughly may of 2021.
I haven't interacted with him directly but I saw him respond to a Facebook post in one of the groups about 6hrs ago (it was someone asking for help repairing a damaged Proton Props thrower).
By Nighty80
Steelspartan112 wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:46 am Has anyone had any luck getting a response from Dave? Been several months with no luck on multiple platforms. Placed my order roughly may of 2021.
Last I heard from Dave was 13th Oct. I have sent a few messages since then, most recently this morning.
Ordered June ‘21.
By kernuyckdave
Hey guys, it’s me (Proton Props) 👋🏻

Apologies to those waiting for a response from me, my head has been in other places for the previous weeks.
I don’t like to air personal issues as they aren’t for public consumption, however in the interest of transparency and fairness I’ll share what’s been going on. Unfortunately my fiancé decided she hasn’t been happy as my focus and energy for the most part has been on my work and called off our wedding, subsequently making me homeless in the break up. I have no immediate support network, so my family live nearly 2 hours away. I was staying with my sister and driving back and forth to work trying to hold it down and together every day but it’s been too much. I had to take some time to work out my living arrangements, as when I left I had only a few bags of clothes, so I’ve had to reboot life from the ground up, and it’s been really, really hard. I’ve been trying to get life just on track enough to function and get working again. Mentally it’s tough enough every day, let alone having a breakup to now process.

I’m sure you’re reading this and thinking “that’s not my problem, I just want my stuff” and I get that. However, I thought I’d atleast give some context to why there’s delays. I’m having a tough time right now, but bare with me. The days will get better I’m sure. I’m now just about set up close to work and I’m back at work now getting orders out as I write this I’m off to the post office to drop stuff off.

In due course I’m getting back to people. But this shit takes time, so hang in there please. I appreciate you all 🙏🏻
tobycj, Ackbar, Dr.D and 7 others liked this
By Al_Dente
Ackbar wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 1:11 am 6 weeks later the pack still hasn´t arrived, and his Facebook Site is down again. Panic-mode activated...
Have you had any luck on your pack arriving mate?
By Ackbar
Al_Dente wrote: December 28th, 2022, 4:03 pm
Ackbar wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 1:11 am 6 weeks later the pack still hasn´t arrived, and his Facebook Site is down again. Panic-mode activated...
Have you had any luck on your pack arriving mate?
Hi,
not until today. But he was on well-deserved holidays, so I hope I will get a message from him these days.
By shoesdontmatch
After looking at alot of different pack makers I took the plunge and I ordered my pack from ProtonProps in June 2021 ,a year and a half later and I'm still waiting for my pack so I feel for you
Ackbar liked this
By Ackbar
He was all the time transparent and told me about why there were these delays and kept me up to date. What makes me really nervous, is that he got my pack back due of some paper work issues.
His last message was from October, in which he told me the pack is on its way again. Since then no update, trackingnumber, etc. I know he has really a lot of trouble these days but I hoped to get an answer these days.
By CaptainAssholay
shoesdontmatch wrote: January 7th, 2023, 9:19 pm After looking at alot of different pack makers I took the plunge and I ordered my pack from ProtonProps in June 2021 ,a year and a half later and I'm still waiting for my pack so I feel for you
Did you commission the pack to be built by him or just the kit? I'm trying to avoid bothering him with questions and get an idea of how long I have to wait for my build your own kit.
By eljuanyo
June 2021 team member here :cool:. One thing that is annoying is that he claims that he doesn't push new orders in front of ours, but then you see Afterlife packs delivered when the movie released on December 21...
Last edited by eljuanyo on January 10th, 2023, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Rsixx80
Hello all, I’m on the same boat as two others and most of you. I ordered February 2022, and haven’t received anything nor heard from him since October 2022. One person ordered June 2021 and nothing. Not one word from him.

In October 2022, he said he’d send me progress pictures the next day and didn’t. Instead he disappeared, but has been active on IG. I’ve since sent multiple messages (via-IG) since to which he hasn’t replied nor seen. I’m not sure what the issue is but it seems there’s nothing but excuses on his end when he does reply. He claims transparency but doesn’t reply and erased my and someone else’s comments from his last post. I understand life happens but it’s coincidental that every time, he says something about Covid, break-up etc. That doesn’t explain orders from two plus years ago. What reason is there for those? It’s a business and one has to hold up their end.

I paid just over $3,600 and have more or less come to the conclusion that I, along with others were scammed.

Has anyone received any updates since his last post stating that he’d be returning correspondences starting January 5th? In addition, has anyone received their orders? Whether ordered a year, two years. This is very disturbing, the lack of communication and the possibility of being ripped off. Hope you all will chime in. Thanks.
By Nighty80
Hi all,
I have spoken with Dave since my last post; he assures me he is getting back into the swing of things and is currently working on/finishing off several packs. Apparently mine will be nearly ready for shipping 8-12 weeks from now.

Best of luck everyone, hope you hear back soon.
Ackbar liked this
By Rsixx80
Nighty80 wrote:Hi all,
I have spoken with Dave since my last post; he assures me he is getting back into the swing of things and is currently working on/finishing off several packs. Apparently mine will be nearly ready for shipping 8-12 weeks from now.

Hello, when did you order yours? I ordered February of last year.
By Nighty80
Rsixx80 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 1:30 pm

End of June ‘21
By Rsixx80
Nighty80 wrote:[quote=Rsixx80 post_id=4976651 time=<a href="tel:1673469045" data-original-title="" title="">1673469045</a> user_id=69359]

End of June ‘21[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. It’s a long wait time, I can only hope he gets them out (including mine). To be honest, I’m not holding my breath based on my experience and what’ve read. We’ll see.
By nevenkman
tobycj wrote: January 12th, 2023, 3:13 pm Everyone who has ordered and paid will 100% get their pack. I'll personally guarantee that.
Same. I know David personally, and waited TWO YEARS for my pack to be complete. I own the Venkman heritage hero he created and although it took a while, I never doubted that I would receive it, only a matter of when.

He's a stand up guy, and will get to each and every one of his orders. When you hire an independent builder who is a one man shop and not a toy company that is mass producing things, they take time. He's also an artisan, so he puts lots of time and effort into each pack.

If I had to critique him in any way, it would be to not bite off more than he can chew and to better handle customer service questions, inquiries, etc.

This is a business lesson some people have to learn early on and how he navigates that without alienating customers is a challenge.

I knew there was no one else on the planet who could make the pack that I wanted and needed to have so patience was my biggest ally in all of this. I did get impatient at times, expressed my frustration with how long things were taking, but i was also empathetic to things going on his personal life, or just life getting in the way of things sometimes. It is business, but it would be foolish to completely ignore all those other things that might have caused delays.

End of the day, as Toby said...every single person who ordered a pack will get their pack. David is a honest businessman and a great person and a friend. I trust him 100% to do right by all those who ordered from him.
Ackbar, Snooker, DoctorPepper and 3 others liked this
By roigroigroig
nevenkman wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:27 am
tobycj wrote: January 12th, 2023, 3:13 pm Everyone who has ordered and paid will 100% get their pack. I'll personally guarantee that.
Same. I know David personally, and waited TWO YEARS for my pack to be complete. I own the Venkman heritage hero he created and although it took a while, I never doubted that I would receive it, only a matter of when.

He's a stand up guy, and will get to each and every one of his orders. When you hire an independent builder who is a one man shop and not a toy company that is mass producing things, they take time. He's also an artisan, so he puts lots of time and effort into each pack.

If I had to critique him in any way, it would be to not bite off more than he can chew and to better handle customer service questions, inquiries, etc.

This is a business lesson some people have to learn early on and how he navigates that without alienating customers is a challenge.

I knew there was no one else on the planet who could make the pack that I wanted and needed to have so patience was my biggest ally in all of this. I did get impatient at times, expressed my frustration with how long things were taking, but i was also empathetic to things going on his personal life, or just life getting in the way of things sometimes. It is business, but it would be foolish to completely ignore all those other things that might have caused delays.

End of the day, as Toby said...every single person who ordered a pack will get their pack. David is a honest businessman and a great person and a friend. I trust him 100% to do right by all those who ordered from him.

Glad you got your pack! Looks like a beaut. David did excellent work.

I too ordered a pack from David aka Proton Props. I originally paid in full in September of '21. Then upgraded to aluminum parts in October of '21 and then finally to an aluminum wand last March. The last time I saw progress pictures was last September. David relayed that he was waiting on electronics for what the wand I believe.

David and I last spoke in last December where he promised February as a "definite" ship date for my pack. I'm counting on this because as you can tell, it's been a long time coming. Unfortunately I haven't heard from David since mid-December and I have followed up quite a bit since January 5th. I like to believe he's keeping his head down and trying to get packs out and will get back to me next week when he's ready to move on to my pack.

Finger crossed! His work really is the stuff of legends. I do hope to have it in my hands in a month's time!
By Ackbar
I don´t doubt that he´s a honest guy, but the fact, that his first try to ship my pack got back to him and that he wrote me in Octobre the pack is on its way again is very grueling, since its January now.
Rsixx80 liked this
By nevenkman
Ackbar wrote: January 15th, 2023, 5:40 am I don´t doubt that he´s a honest guy, but the fact, that his first try to ship my pack got back to him and that he wrote me in Octobre the pack is on its way again is very grueling, since its January now.
This sounds more like a logistical shipping issue rather than anything else nefarious. I live in New York and when he shipped my pack it was literally here in two days from the UK.
Ackbar liked this
By Ackbar
nevenkman wrote: January 15th, 2023, 7:09 am
Ackbar wrote: January 15th, 2023, 5:40 am I don´t doubt that he´s a honest guy, but the fact, that his first try to ship my pack got back to him and that he wrote me in Octobre the pack is on its way again is very grueling, since its January now.
This sounds more like a logistical shipping issue rather than anything else nefarious. I live in New York and when he shipped my pack it was literally here in two days from the UK.
I agree with you but the possiblity of a lost parcel does not really calm me down...
By nevenkman
Rsixx80 wrote: January 15th, 2023, 10:14 am How do you personally guarantee it, or know we’ll receive them? Seems we all got ripped off.
People like Toby and myself who are personal friends and customers of David, can vouch for him being an honest businessman and overall good human being. No one got ripped off, and no one has been ripped off so insinuating such a thing is foolish.
Ackbar liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]